• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It’s as good as done.

Arteta’s main target, the club are backing him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Stolen from Red Cafe.

3obqeggsb5a51.png
Coquelin with more passes into the final third than Partey....

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It’s relative to the team average meaning that you can only compare between teammates. So Partey is basically the team’s #1 progressive midfielder by a lot. Kroos and Roca the same for their teams.
Ah yes, I noted that when I first looked but was so shocked to see Coquelin there that I then forgot. :lol:

Valencia must be struggling.

Need the same graph but without the teammate comparison.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Assume his #5 shirt is linked to his hero Essien. Hopefully we can **** Sokratis off this window to free it up but #4 would also be great for significance to the club.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Ah yes, I noted that when I first looked but was so shocked to see Coquelin there that I then forgot. :lol:

Valencia must be struggling.

Need the same graph but without the teammate comparison.
If anything this graph proves that he’s in fact a DM/DLP for Atletico Madrid, not a B2B midfielder.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Partey is never going to add creativity in midfield he'll add balance and steel to our midfield if we want creativity we have to add another player

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
how about just moving Ceballos in front of Xhaka and Partey, he plays that position for spain doesnt he?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
how about just moving Ceballos in front of Xhaka and Partey, he plays that position for spain doesnt he?

Ceballos is too similar to Xhaka for me. Wouldn't work in a 3 man midfield. Two pretty immobile DLP's. One or the other.

Xhaka
Partey - Aouar/Thiago/Grealish/Havertz

Is a lot more balanced. Steel in Partey, link in Xhaka and attacking flair in the other player.

Would like to see Saka more at LW, Auba through the middle. Saka, Martinelli, Auba, Nketiah and Lacazette are more than enough to occupy the LW/STR positions. If Laca goes then we should replace with Depay who can also play in both spots.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I know Arteta loves Xhaka but does anyone see Partey making him more of rotational player next season? Whenever I've seen Partey play he's the deepest midfielder similar to how Xhaka is always deepest for us. I think playing Xhaka and Partey together could be relying a lot on the other midfielder in the 3 to do the majority of the creative play.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I know Arteta loves Xhaka but does anyone see Partey making him more of rotational player next season? Whenever I've seen Partey play he's the deepest midfielder similar to how Xhaka is always deepest for us. I think playing Xhaka and Partey together could be relying a lot on the other midfielder in the 3 to do the majority of the creative play.

I think that's the whole point in signing/needing a creative player. You don't really need two of them in a midfield. Its the reason why Xhaka, Guendouzi and Ceballos would never work in a 3 man midfield no matter what pairs you use.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I think that's the whole point in signing/needing a creative player. You don't really need two of them in a midfield. Its the reason why Xhaka, Guendouzi and Ceballos would never work in a 3 man midfield no matter what pairs you use.
I was thinking he'd try and replicate the City midfield with the Rodri/Fernandinho base being Partey/Xhaka with a version of Silva/De Bruyne in front of that perhaps Saka being 1 of those. This is all assuming he doesn't stick with 3-4-3 next season.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I was thinking he'd try and replicate the City midfield with the Rodri/Fernandinho base being Partey/Xhaka with a version of Silva/De Bruyne in front of that perhaps Saka being 1 of those. This is all assuming he doesn't stick with 3-4-3 next season.

Possibly yeah. I mean it depends how things play out. In my opinion you should buy players who are an upgrade on your current squad that can give competition to the current players. That way you can see who really is up for it and good enough. That way you also create quality depth. So yeah a Xhaka/Partey rotation could work tbf.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

I think Ceballos might be one of those players who play as an attacking midfielder at youth level but develop into more of a deeper central midfielder as they mature. With Spain for example he might play a bit further forward, but he also has Fabian Ruiz next to him who's also very creative, so he's not the sole creative midfielder.

ChefMan21

If Bellerin does go, I wonder if Partey becomes the RB, reverting to 3 at the back with Partey pushing up at the right moments?

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

It’s as good as done.

Arteta’s main target, the club are backing him.
Where is that from haha? I really hope your right but if he does I doubt he'll be signed for a while yet. I bet we won't confirm it till right at the end of the window unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom