• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

LG10

Arteta isn't in charge of contacts, this isn't like when Arsène was here, Mikel doesn't have that much power.

If Mikel is told we are signing them, he can either accept it or leave.
I highly doubt that if arteta said he didn’t want those 2 that they’d be given new contracts. Either way they’ll be in our starting 11 next season and routinely cost us (with some solid performances mixed in).

Camus

Trusted ⭐
On the flip side, we would have won if our £250k a week "keep at all costs" striker didn't bottle it again.
I've said this in the past about Laca, but it even more true of Auba. Go watch the supposedly lethal strikers that the likes of Liverpool and City have. They also miss 1-3 clear cut chances a game, difference is that City and Liverpool keep creating chances and create enough chances so that they do eventually score. Auba had 2 chances all game, that really slim pickings. At Liverpool and City he'd get significantly more than that.

Seriously, go look at the xG of the likes of Salah, Aguero, Mane, Sterling etc.. He outperforms all of them by a wide margin.

Bare in mind that I'm not of the opinion that we should keep him at all costs, I'm actually in favour of letting him go for the right price.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I’m hoping Saka needed rest. Because surely you play Tierney LCB and Saka LWB with everyone fit?

Last edited:

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
How long does Arteta need until we see the full potential that people see in him? 1 year? 2 years?

Not asking about winning leagues and trophies. Just in terms of style of play, attacking football, top 4 results.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He has been good before today though to be fair.
He hasn’t. He is only good when an attacker is trying to run/muscle past him.

He’s an incredibly dumb footballer with poor technique and a non-existent right foot. He’s been making boneheaded passes and decisions for as long as I can remember, we’ve just been getting away with it.

How long does Arteta need until we see the full potential that people see in him? 1 year? 2 years?

Not asking about winning leagues and trophies. Just in terms of style of play, attacking football, top 4 results.

Hopefully by the end of next season. Some clear idea should be installed within the club. After that, we have to see if Arteta can build something special about it.

My main worry is that we know we are horseshit defensively, and the only thing the transfer team can come up with is to add more trash on it in Mari, Soares, and Luiz.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I’m hoping Saka needed rest. Because surely you play Tierney LCB and Saka LWB with everyone fit?
Kola had been getting away with his poor play in possession with some relatively passable defensive displays. Plus, Saka defo needed rest, he's played a lot of games in a short space of time.

I'm hoping they drop Kola going forward though. Such a poor player. With nothing left to play for, I'd like to see some more experimental lineups.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Reality is we have lots of players on relatively high wages, not easy to unload, and thus not easy to get that many new players unless something miraculous happens. A lot of the rebuild has to be a youth movement and building up trusted second options for key positions.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

He already showed that in some games we don't have team that go against top 6 side and dominate he improved us defensively even tho don't think he can do much because we have error prone defense. Just like you can't judge him until he got the players he want

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Reality is we have lots of players on relatively high wages, not easy to unload, and thus not easy to get that many new players unless something miraculous happens. A lot of the rebuild has to be a youth movement and building up trusted second options for key positions.
That's all for naught when you give new contracts to the likes of Luiz and you're thinking about extending Mustafi too.

Last edited:

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
He already showed that in some games we don't have team that go against top 6 side and dominate he improved us defensively even tho don't think he can do much because we have error prone defense. Just like you can't judge him until he got the players he want
When do you think will he have a team that can beat a top 6 side, or have the players that he wants? End of next season? End of 2021-22?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom