• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Arteta got the chance to sign for Arsenal and took a pay cut. This is our manager. He will want similar types of player.

Exactly this. I'm not even asking players not to want abit more money. But if Thomas really wanted to come to Arsenal. He had all this ambition etc etc to improve us if hes on say 50k a week at Atletico and we say 80k. He signs straight away. The extra money is a bonus for what he really wants. However if it takes us to offer 170k a week or more what does that actually say about the player?

It says that he wouldnt come to us for less which means the ambition side of it isnt there. It's purely financial. And we dont need money grabbed when we are fighting for the future of this club.

It's all really simple like it should take me to spell basic things out like.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Exactly this. I'm not even asking players not to want abit more money. But if Thomas really wanted to come to Arsenal. He had all this ambition etc etc to improve us if hes on say 50k a week at Atletico and we say 80k. He signs straight away. The extra money is a bonus for what he really wants. However if it takes us to offer 170k a week or more what does that actually say about the player?

It says that he wouldnt come to us for less which means the ambition side of it isnt there. It's purely financial.

It's all really simple like it should take me to spell basic things out like.

It's why we need to stop with these marquee signings. We need to try and target players who want to move here and prove themselves at a bigger club.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Hearing from a friend in Ghana that the general feeling is that he will re-sign with Atleti and Arsenal is being used as a mean to get him a bigger pay day. (This is serious, i have a very good friend in Ghana).
Think this one might be a lost cause.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Hearing from a friend in Ghana that the general feeling is that he will re-sign with Atleti and Arsenal is being used as a mean to get him a bigger pay day. (This is serious, i have a very good friend in Ghana).

Thomas is huge in Ghana, so basically my friend tells me that the whole country have him under surveillance 24/7. Bit like here in Sweden with Zlatan.

Last edited:

Bloodbather

Established Member

This is what I expected from the jump. No reason for him to leave Atlético. Did get my hopes up in the last weeks tough, mistake.

roz

Fake News Merchant
It's the same link just rehashed from yesterday. Let's wait until something more substantial comes out.
Don’t do it to yourself mate. Just accept its not happening. Less let down later.

Why exactly would he move from a champions league club to a maybe europa league club? Fantasy talk.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You look at the way Arteta is talking, I’m now not sure there is money for this. Unless you sell a bunch of guys, buts that’s still not good because sales should be extra on top of your budget.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Like I said, he's closer to Wanyama level from what I've seen of him than being Vieira and Yaya Toure level as some on here make out.

That's only the case because of his tendency to push and pass forward. You can't take those stats out of context, he's among the most successful ball carriers in Europe. You take more risks you make mistakes but you also win more if you're good enough. You don't take risks you don't make mistakes but you don't move the needle. It's how it works.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Like I said, he's closer to Wanyama level from what I've seen of him than being Vieira and Yaya Toure level as some on here make out.

Bit of a bollocks statistic without context isn’t it? Where was the error made? How many phases of play between the error and the shot being taken? Notice it doesn’t say leading directly to a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom