• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Can't help but feel a loan to the championship would be too much a step back at this point and that after having success at Hoffenheim he probably won't be willing to take that step.

He doesn't seem to have Arteta's confidence and he is clearly behind Saka in the pecking order, which Saka justified with his goal the other day if not his performance (pretty poor performance from Bukayo aside from the goal tbh), so I don't see how this is gonna go well for Reiss at Arsenal. Unless he's really patient and determined to succeed here and nowhere else, something which isn't really an attitude I'd expect of any young player nowadays, I'm imagining his agent will have him looking at other destinations in the upcoming window.

Nice posts on Nelson @lomekian , you've nailed his qualities. In terms of short, technical link up he's definitely our best winger at the moment, but it would seem that Pepe and Saka have him beat in other areas.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's crazy Nelson & Sancho we're considered similar talents a few years ago when they were playing at U23 level.

Now Sancho one of the best Wingers in the world and Nelson is unconfident player who's trying to figure out his place in Arsenal.

It's wild but it shows Nelson has talent & I hope he can reach it.

Loan to Championship team would do him great.
Sancho got a gradually increasing amount of minutes and had the trust of the manager. Nelson so far hasn't really had this until Arteta. Arteta's probably given him the most minutes so far. The difference is regular football. Now, that's not to say Nelson doesn't need to earn that, but that doesn't change the need for regular minutes to gain confidence. I expect Nelson's output to increase dramatically with more football under his belt - wherever that is.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm incredibly pleased that he got his goal today. It's been a long time coming and he's needed something like that for his confidence - a winner against the Champions-elect no less.

He was one of our better performers - although not saying very much as we were lacking there. But he pressed extremely well and made two contributions that led to both our goals - the press and the finish for the 2nd. I would have liked for him to do more - get on the ball more, dominate the ball, use his dribbling skill, combine with the other forwards a bit more. He has a lot in his bow that we're not seeing because of his lack of confidence but hopefully the goal changes that.

Now is the time for him to build on this. He must show the kind of fight that he began to show as the game went on. Hound players, demand possession, play the combinations. Use his strengths. Keep getting himself in those goalscoring positions aswell, he can finish. He's still not quite where he should be but he's done well to get his goal. Time to continue. Don't be scared anymore - show and prove.

Well done today.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hale End boy getting a winner.

@MutableEarth right now...

hulk-hogan-shirt-tear-hulk-hogan-gifs.gif

nick gould

I'm incredibly pleased that he got his goal today. It's been a long time coming and he's needed something like that for his confidence - a winner against the Champions-elect no less.

He was one of our better performers - although not saying very much as we were lacking there. But he pressed extremely well and made two contributions that led to both our goals - the press and the finish for the 2nd. I would have liked for him to do more - get on the ball more, dominate the ball, use his dribbling skill, combine with the other forwards a bit more. He has a lot in his bow that we're not seeing because of his lack of confidence but hopefully the goal changes that.

Now is the time for him to build on this. He must show the kind of fight that he began to show as the game went on. Hound players, demand possession, play the combinations. Use his strengths. Keep getting himself in those goalscoring positions aswell, he can finish. He's still not quite where he should be but he's done well to get his goal. Time to continue. Don't be scared anymore - show and prove.

Well done today.

I am also so pleased for him. He seems to be one of the few who can play one touch football at a fast pace. I hope he goes on to be as good as @MutableEarth says he is. Like his character and look too. We can sell a lot of jerseys.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Should take more risks the way he scored 2nd goal was so intelligent i still think a loan to PL ckub would be very useful for him

sdotzdot

Established Member
I like Nelson. You can tell with the sporadic time he’s had in the first team he has the attributes and talent to be a great player, but I’m not entirely sure his heads in the right place to unlock that.

Either way he’s still young and has shown enough glimpses to still believe he can do something, hope he kicks on.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Took his goal well, nice finish...

Still he's not showing what I want to see from him. The effort is there, he does his job well defensively without the ball, but he needs to get more involved in the game and take more initiative.

Hopefully the goal gives him some confidence.

lomekian

Essays are my thing

Well done today.

PREACH!

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
he has to start the rest of the season now. If he can nick a few goals, he will take off (hopefully)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom