• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Semi-Final: Arsenal vs Manchester City | Saturday July 18 | KO: 19:45 BST | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Wanted us to play 3 at the back against these lot last time we faced them to match City’s 5 attackers and now we’ve had a good run playing this system so we should be well prepared.

Maybe Arteta had this game in mind when he switched over to 343.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
For some reason, KDB and Sterling always score against us Everytime we play them

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think the way Arteta set us up against them last month was spot on.

We were containing them (even though our attack was blunt) until the Luiz howler.

We must make as little mistake as possible or none at all.

No kolasinac in LCB. Don't think I can watch him one on one with Mahrez

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
This is a massive one. If we can eliminate City and win the FA cup, it would be big boost and will make the fans have something to be excited about going into the summer transfer window.

City have made it a trend in recent years (especially since Pep's arrival) to go for domestic trophies whether the Carabao or FA cup. They'll be up for this and we should expect them to be ultra competitive.

Hopefully Kola doesn't start. If we remain sturdy at the back, I'm quite certain we'll get chances at the other end. Hopefully Auba and Laca has their shooting boots on especially Auba who has been dire in big games.

Predicted line up

1815868_Arsenal.jpg

Match prediction: *Arsenal 1-1 Manchester City

*Arsenal win on penalties :drool:

Edit: Don't want Kolasinac anywhere near that lineup
Bellerin would be utterly useless against them.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Only reason this game now matters is the route to EL qualification.
Even that is a long shot. Remember Chelsea or United await on the other side.

If the game does not look salvageable by half time, throw 5 kids on the pitch and rest the key players for Villa

GunnerShy

Still the toughest assignment in English football. It's going to be another smash and grab. So long as we are no more than a goal down we have hope

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Well there's always a chance. If we can keep it close maybe we can beat them but I have a feeling they will field their strongest team and win by several goals.

Debre-Zeyit

We're probably the crappest counter attacking team I've seen. When you play counter attacking football you just don't defend and hoof it every single time to the opposition. What's the point? Try to play attack and if the ball is lost get back regroup quickly defend as 10 unit that's how it's done. Don't hoof

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

KDB masterclass incoming and he’ll be inducted into the PL hall of fame after this game.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
We haven't beaten (or drawn) them since April 2017. Each of the losses was by 2 or more goals.

BUT that April game was in the FA cup -- a competition they haven't beaten us in since February of 1904! (Though admittedly we've only met 4 times).

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
City played with Liverpool so all we can hope for is just for the best. but every match is different and City has lost 9 matches this season in the league so we are in with a shout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom