• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

How good would this ex-Arsenal team be?

How would an ex-Arsenal team do this year?

• Total voters

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

bit of a comedy show is Alisson.

Apart from being huge and commanding, I think he is pretty mistake-prone.
His shot stopping is world class, makes every save look easy, catches a lot of shots keepers like De Gea and Leno parry.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
His shot stopping is world class, makes every save look easy, catches a lot of shots keepers like De Gea and Leno parry.
perhaps, but he is too casual on the ball. almost half of Liverpool's allowed goals are mistakes by him

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Ox should be in that midfield.

Instead of who though?

Guy knows nothing about midfield play. All the time in the world last night and not one good thing came out of out him.

He should've pursued a wingback career instead of trying to become Gerrard.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Juve fans seem to think Szczesny is weak at the near post, he’s not close to Alisson, Ederson, Oblak, Ter Stegen or Neuer.

Ederson a shocking shout mate, had a dreadful year. Oblak and Ter Stegen poor for the most part this year as well.

Alisson and Szczesny have the best save % going in the big 5 by a handy distance. xG stats as well he’s ahead of the likes of Oblak and Ter Stegen.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ederson a shocking shout mate, had a dreadful year. Oblak and Ter Stegen poor for the most part this year as well.

Alisson and Szczesny have the best save % going in the big 5 by a handy distance. xG stats as well he’s ahead of the likes of Oblak and Ter Stegen.
Ederson is immense, the save him made from the free kick yesterday was phenomenal. Only Ter Stegen comes close with the ball as well, better passer than our midfielders.

Alisson, Neuer, @Dokaka my top three.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ederson is immense, the save him made from the free kick yesterday was phenomenal. Only Ter Stegen comes close with the ball as well, better passer than our midfielders.

Alisson, Neuer, @Dokaka my top three.

Depends what you want from a keeper, Dychey always tells me what’s the point of fannying about with your feet if you can’t stop a shot down the middle?

Ter Stegen and Oblak have been poor for a while, let in loads of goals this year they shouldn’t have. Post shot xG stats say they’re actually below average if anything.

Top keeper in the world right now Aitor Fernandez followed by my boy Emi. Was wrong on Woj, stats aren’t as great as I first thought.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Depends what you want from a keeper, Dychey always tells me what’s the point of fannying about with your feet if you can’t stop a shot down the middle?

Ter Stegen and Oblak have been poor for a while, let in loads of goals this year they shouldn’t have. Post shot xG stats say they’re actually below average if anything.

Top keeper in the world right now Aitor Fernandez followed by my boy Emi. Was wrong on Woj, stats aren’t as great as I first thought.
:rofl:

#Pope1

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
1815919_Football_Manager_Team.jpg

Beyond that first XI you could round out with the squad with:

Fabianski as a back up goalkeeper as well as Koscielny and Kyle Bartley who is in partnership with Ajayi at promotion chasing West Brom.

Full back would be a problem unless you played Coquelin or Gabriel at RB as otherwise it’d be Debuchy and Lichtsteiner with Monreal and Gibbs on the other side.

In midfield you’d also have Isaac Hayden and Coquelin as options to provide steel in tough games as well as Mkhitaryan to give some creativity.

Otherwise in midfield young Ovie Ejaria who’s playing well on loan from Liverpool could give you energy and the experience of Fran Mérida who’s a La Liga starting midfielder would be other options. Maybe even Henri Lansbury who’s played a couple of games for Villa this year.

Up front you could use Giroud who’s still a serviceable striker as a rotation for Malen and even Lucas Perez who has 11 La Liga goals this year.

On the wings you’d have Alexis and Oxlade-Chamberlain and maybe Theo as supporting options, also Gervinho who’s still a key player for Parma. Welbeck could be a choice.

How would you think they’d finish? Starting XI has a good mix of youth and experience with a few world class players although the defence would be a bit dodgy with the full backs offering very little going forwards.

I think top four, front three would be pretty decent and Gervinho, Giroud and Alexis off the bench aren’t terrible options. Midfield would be a massive strength with a few options. Back four would give up goals but you have a top keeper.

How many of this team would get into our current starting lineup?

Gnabry is a definite

The three midfielders

Iwobi possibly

Woj v Leno? Tough call

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
How many of this team would get into our current starting lineup?

Gnabry is a definite

The three midfielders

Iwobi possibly

Woj v Leno? Tough call

I love Cazorla and I'm happy that he managed to make a comeback. However, the premier league isn't La Liga. He can't handle the fast paced tempo of the league right now. Hell his body couldn't handle it back them, hence why Wenger brought in Coquelin to take some of the load off of him.

Only Torreira can play the role of being Cazorla's legs in midfield but he hardly gets a look in these days.

I love Cazorla and I'm happy that he managed to make a comeback. However, the premier league isn't La Liga. He can't handle the fast paced tempo of the league right now. Hell his body couldn't handle it back them, hence why Wenger brought in Coquelin to take some of the load off of him.

Only Torreira can play the role of being Cazorla's legs in midfield but he hardly gets a look in these days.

Have you seen it lately some posters calling for him to come here and play one season with us? Never knew so many hated Santi and wanted the worst for him. Selfish bastards.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Europa league places I think.. Clear weaknesses and too many question marks there.. Not sure they’d do better than current squad.
you put them at 5-7 place in the league, the rest argued it doesn't using champions league players
You should have gone HAM in here

Top Bottom