• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdotzdot

Established Member
We deserve everything we get as fans if we somehow are now ready to accept him and Xhaka as our starting midfield. Please do not sign this guy permanently.

Ceballos has been good the past few games but he’s still not involved enough in attacking play on a consistent basis. Let’s not even get started on his athleticism. He’s shown more reasons to not sign him permanently this season than the other way round, wouldn’t even loan him again.

Him and Xhaka together will get ripped a new one against any decent side as they usually do.

Aevi

Hale End FC
He's solid but I don't think he and Xhaka as a duo compliment the team well, which is something to be held against the both of them. I get the sense that even though they have different profiles, they both don't excel particularly greatly at defending or creating and thus as a unit only accomplish decent to slightly-above-decent performances. It leaves me feeling there is little to criticize but little to be impressed by either. They're both tidy hard-workers but won't often make a big impact in solidifying our backline much or kickstarting big chances. If you were to quantify their stats you'd get a load of 6/7 out of 10s.

They're essentially the anti-Cazorla-Coquelin duo in my eyes; Santi and Francis were excellent in one facet of their games, deficient in another, and helped each other in their partnership. Xhaka and Ceballos are solid yet for the most part unspectacular in all areas, and are boringly equal to the sum of their parts.

They could yet improve, but I'm pretty neutral about them atm. If this partnership is to go anywhere, I think it'll ask of Arteta to pull something out of the bag like Klopp has done with relatively "unspectacular" midfielders at Liverpool.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah it has to be Ceballos or Xhaka. I don’t think a player exists that would complement their weaknesses in a midfield three while also providing the creativity and goal scoring we need from midfield.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Wouldn’t be mad if we kept him myself. Not my money so don’t really care what he costs.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Multiple tabloid fodder reporting he would cost 25 mil.

If we sell a couple midfielders and get another midfielder alongside Ceballos sure I’d be more than happy with this.

If it means that would make him the only midfielder we sign then yeah I don’t know.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Absoloutely great game... other than when he nearly set city up for a goal. Was everywher eint he first half dispossessing city, still great in the second half but that first half performance was just brilliant.

say yes

forum master baiter
If we’ve got the funds then signing this guy for €20m seems like a no-brainer. If we don’t have the funds then we should try all we can to extend the loan.

Improving every game at the moment and I love the edge he has to his game. Quite rare to have that in such a technical player.

Not quite sure what his ceiling is yet, but I’ve seen enough to know that he’s great value at €20m.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
We really need to keep Dani. Best case scenario keep Dani, get Guendouzi to right his ways, sell Torreira and buy a defensive midfielder who could pair well with Dani, and get a creative midfielder in here, either an offensive 8 or a 10.

But please, please, don't let Dani go. He's the perfect player for what Arteta is building here and we're not likely going to get a player of his calibre otherwise.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Have said since the moment we signed him that he has unbelievable potential as a number 8. Technical qualities few players can match and now he is adding the physical presence and tactical nous under Arteta to supplement it.

Keep at all costs

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
A few loose passes but he had a very solid showing and did extremely well to facilitate our possession game. Both he and Xhaka were very present in front of the defence. Big game.

sdotzdot

Established Member
He’s continuously proving what I said earlier wrong, which is what I love to see from any arsenal players I doubt.

I still am wary of him being able to pull it off consistently in this league and don’t think he’s really the best solution, but fair play to him for doing what he needs to do for the past few weeks now.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He'll definitely will join us if we want permanently or on loan he doing very well with mikel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom