• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Martinez: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I am not one to jump to hasty conclusions usually but I think he just happens to be a better GK than Leno. And I rate Leno.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He's a ****ing wall. A wall that can distribute the ball aswell :lol:.

No wonder Reading loved him so much. Made a very decisive save from Mahrez in the 2nd half.

Leno doesn't get back in this team easily IMO.
The weak hand from goalkeepers at the near post, seen it so many times, was so impressed

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This is weird?

Any instances of a deputy having a great run and eventually just becoming the starter? Think this happened with Nick Pope right?

I'm still waiting for the mistake because this is weird to me, he's been here ten years but seems to be good at everything? wtf?

Just needed game time. We sent him on some shocking loans, his spells at Wolves and Getafe were a waste of time.

Reading was the first time he’d played more than 15 games a season in his entire career.

Axel9090

Hes never had a good run of games with us as the main man, as far as I know. No idea how he did at Reading last season but for us, he is taking this chance by the balls. He is only 27 which isnt that old for a GK.

When you look at what Martinez is good at you see what I've been saying where Leno is seriously lacking.

Leno doesn't have the toes where Martinez have the heels in so many different and important aspects of being top goalkeeper!

If Martinez form drops which I hope not we still have seen how seriously badly we need to improve on Leno. Long may it continue for Martinez. Unreal unreal unreal!

GDeep™

League is very weak
He pulls off certain saves you know Leno has and will concede.

That Mahrez shot low on his left, I have seen Leno concede those types.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Weren’t Reading fans saying he is sensational? They were crazy about him.

This is not out of the blue totally.

Yeah he was amazing for them and he was highly rated as a youngster too, iirc there were talks about him being the biggest gk talent under Wenger. He's had the talent, but didn't make the most of the chances he got here(which was very limited tbf to him) until now.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Leno has made some top saves and kept us in games plenty to be fair.

Martinez’ height just feels better as a fan though, has that Van der Sar, Neuer, Alisson, Courtois build. Leno is more like a Lloris, Ederson, De Gea.

Axel9090

All I know is I really want us to be okay with having two top GKs on the books. Two solid options is fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom