• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Zaha is a magician with the ball at his feet up there with Neymar in that regard.

The hope with Pepe is that he’s still more than good enough to get past defenders but has a better final ball/shot than Zaha. Which appears to be the case.
Zaha will be the player in a game that gives you the youtube highlights. Pepe will be the ghost with goals/assists. People really don’t know what kind of monster player we have in Pepe, I read the last few pages dear god people want to sell him lmao. Good thing he’s so expensive we won’t. A first season in the PL is never easy. He’ll make it.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Big contributor in both goals, especially THAT cross for the 1st. Hopefully he kicks on now, good game.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Not to put any more pressure on him than he already has but Pires didn't have the greatest debut season ever and we all know what happened after that! Got so much talent, starting to become more consistent now

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Zaha and Pepe are very different players, in many ways Zaha would have helped us as a team as he’s much more creative and prefers to play further away from goal.

Comparing apples and oranges imo.

Gunners1616

As already mentioned we just need to be patient with him. His confidence is growing. Once he has a good pre-season and gain some muscles and stamina he is gonna be really complicated to deal with for defenders.

Not even worried for him. All he needs is consistenty which is the difference between top players and the rest. Hopefully he'll get there next season.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Not to put any more pressure on him than he already has but Pires didn't have the greatest debut season ever and we all know what happened after that! Got so much talent, starting to become more consistent now
Oh come on Salah and KDB are 2 of the 5 best players in the league today, sure they were a few years younger entering the league than Pepe but even they needed time to adapt even left the league, come back, and own it now. I have 0 doubt with Pepe. Arteta will make it work.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Oh come on Salah and KDB are 2 of the 5 best players in the league today, sure they were a few years younger entering the league than Pepe but even they needed time to adapt even left the league, come back, and own it now. I have 0 doubt with Pepe. Arteta will make it work.
I think so too

nick gould

Zaha and Pepe are very different players, in many ways Zaha would have helped us as a team as he’s much more creative and prefers to play further away from goal.

Being a good dribbler and being creative I believe are 2 different things. Zaha is a successful dribbler but with less end product. A bit like Hleb. Pep on the other hand is capable of producing more assists.

Bloodbather

Established Member

This guy is a needle-mover. That's the most important thing about him, on-form or off-form. His skill enables him to give you end product and push you over the line - and you could see that type of skill even in the rougher times of the season. You just don't write players like that off because of a bumpy first season.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah, he’s reminiscent of Özil in not only his mannerisms but also how he will have a moment that will turn a game on its head.
A bit more hustle from him today though and hopefully it’s upwards from here. He looks a lot more settled honestly, not that I’m a body language expert or anything.

Never got the comparison. Not the biggest Pepe fan but why can't they play together in the same team? Lets get Zaha on the left wing and Pepe on the right and see where it takes us.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Very confused by Pepe at this point tbh. The talent is clearly there, it's so obvious, yet something just isn't properly clicking. Seems to want to do the exceptional whenever he's on the ball, but it feels like he's not quite at the level where that is acceptable.. if that makes any sense.

No one would've questioned his ability long term if he'd been a £30m buy, but I still think he's quite far away from justifying the massive fee, especially given the glaring issues elsewhere in the starting XI.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I think his struggles are a little similar to Ozils also. Not talent related but more on the mental side. Hopefully it does click.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Thank you for doing it, I wasn't bold enough to risk another debate :lol:

You don't always have to decide, I'd happily take both and they'd contribute with different things.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Never got the comparison. Not the biggest Pepe fan but why can't they play together in the same team? Lets get Zaha on the left wing and Pepe on the right and see where it takes us.

Unfortunately you missed our biggest game, but if you'd go for a rewatch, imagine having prime Zaha in there on the break - everybody can invision it, we've seen it again and again, no matter what opponent.

Getting Zaha for 40/50m now would be worth every single penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom