• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

musoke

I hope people stop this “Play Auba in the middle. Play him as the main CF”.
To me Laca does well as the Giroud in the middle, all the other players can play off him due to his hardwork, link and hold up.
Auba is terrible at all that
He is doing just fine coming in from wide.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Seriously won't bother if this guy leaves. He bottles so fkn much. Remember the penalty miss last season against Sp**s. Probably would have landed us the UCL had it gone in.
If Mustafi hadn't **** the bed in Crystal palace game, we'd have been in CL or if Xhaka hadn't been in clown mode vs Brighton we'd have got got CL.

Hilarious to blame Auba for not making top four when his goals put us in that position in the first place

RacingPhoton

Established Member
We really need him for sometime while we slowly transition to Nketiah or Martinelli or some new signing. Sign da ting Auba.

Ewarwoowar

I think he is powder puff player, has a talent for goal that predominantly enables him to breeze through life, he will never get stuck in, never be in a war of attrition, Arteta might turn his head for a moment, but I don't think he going to knuckle down for any more than a cursory glance.

Am just here to say 'APOLOGIES', I am thoroughly happy to be proven so wrong:eek:ops:, his desire and tenacity has been immense, he(Auba) bought into what Arteta has been selling pretty early doors in his(Arteta's) tenure and has not skipped a beat effort wise, even though results have not panned out some times, he remains dogged, has no doubt put nuff respect on that captain arm band and not just because of goals he scored but for being a real team player.

Really hoping he stays, but if he goes there will be no sour grapes from me he has earned my respect proper.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
If Mustafi hadn't **** the bed in Crystal palace game, we'd have been in CL or if Xhaka hadn't been in clown mode vs Brighton we'd have got got CL.

Hilarious to blame Auba for not making top four when his goals put us in that position in the first place

Its funny in that refs have probably cost us more than our own mistakes as well. We've considered our own players to be the most error prone in the league, how fkin bad have the refs been.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
A selfless team player who has done his job so well. The look up just before he hit the second goal was the mark of a top striker. He's not Henry but he's the best we've had since RvP leading the line albeit out of position. We need him to stay and stay at this level.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
He is the best captain we've had in years. Letting aside his world class goal scoring ability, he works his socks off every game. Behind that smiling, goofy face is a model professional that we're lucky to have

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Imagine still not being a fan and wanting him sold because he’s not got the football brain or passing skill of Dennis Bergkamp...

The anti-Auba thing in here, as tiny and dwindling as it probably is by now, as the penny finally drops that we’re getting it as good as we could possibly hope from a striker, is the most absurd thing I’ve ever witnessed on this board, bar none.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Imagine still not being a fan and wanting him sold because he’s not got the football brain or passing skill of Dennis Bergkamp...

The anti-Auba thing in here, as tiny and dwindling as it probably is by now, as the penny finally drops that we’re getting it as good as we could possibly hope from a striker, is the most absurd thing I’ve ever witnessed on this board, bar none.
I think we've been spoilt with brilliant strikers but also its quite easy to fall into the trap of wanting silky technicians everywhere. The logic being that a better 'footballer' at Auba's position would still convert the chances but also provide for others.

Striker is the one position where that doesn't really work. Goalscoring just seems to be a unique skill that doesn't correlate with 'footballing ability' and you only have a handful of players in the world that have that skill.

I'm always having this argument with my brother but he's young and doesn't understand how rare a skill goalscoring actually is. You take the guy who can barely pass but bangs 30 goals a season over the guy with all the flicks and tricks that scores half the amount.:lol:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I think we've been spoilt with brilliant strikers but also its quite easy to fall into the trap of wanting silky technicians everywhere. The logic being that a better 'footballer' at Auba's position would still convert the chances but also provide for others.

Striker is the one position where that doesn't really work. Goalscoring just seems to be a unique skill that doesn't correlate with 'footballing ability' and you only have a handful of players in the world that have that skill.

I'm always having this argument with my brother but he's young and doesn't understand how rare a skill goalscoring actually is. You take the guy who can barely pass but bangs 30 goals a season over the guy with all the flicks and tricks that scores half the amount.:lol:
Jep seen plenty a farmer that can’t give a 5 yard pass but bangs them in from all angles. Priceless.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

It’s because most fans don’t watch what top strikers are doing when the camera isn’t on them. It’s an art.

Consistently prolific understand the psychology of defenders. They have a mental map of their blind spots. They make decoy runs throughout the game. They stand offside while the ball is in non threatening areas.

What most fans don’t like is that prolific strikers often miss a prolific number of chances. Anything above 30% (1 in 3) conversion rate is elite. Decent ones are at 20-30%% (1 in 4/5). But what sets them apart is the regularity with which they create shooting opportunities.

The rest is just hunger, fitness and confidence. It’s possible for it to completely disappear as we saw with Torres.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom