• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I've just read a few Bayern forums. comments arent great. actually surprisingly some of them say how great James was for them in an 8 or a 6 and they should have gotten him permanently.

James for me is still a mad underrated player.

If it came down to a loan between him and Coutinho it’s no contest for me.

tcahill

Average at Bayern. Mixed results at Barca. Good but not great at Liverpool. Big wage demands. Will not develop much further. Will cost at least 30 mill (my estimate for one Guendouzi). Can only play in one type of system. Will be very difficult to move on if he struggles. Definitely better value elsewhere.

I understand why others might be interested but it's a no from me. On a more personal note, Coutinho doesn't fit the profile of player that I want to see at Arsenal. Developed by another big club, with some question marks over his ability. I'd prefer a younger, hungrier player that Arteta can mould, who is honoured to be at Arsenal and part of our project.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

His time at Bayern is considered poor. I don’t know why people on here keep saying he’ll come here and elevate us.

What is that based on?
It's a correction on my part. I said I'd like him I based it in him a top player at Liverpool and being unlucky not to make it at Barcelona.

However I read some Bayern forums and they were not exactly full of praise. Given theyve watched him and I've only saw him twice, oddly enough when he played well, I'm thinking they will have a better view on him than I will. So I've went from the yay column to the nay column :)

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
His time at Bayern is considered poor. I don’t know why people on here keep saying he’ll come here and elevate us.

What is that based on?

Well, many local Bayern fans won't tell you so, they'll say that James was superb under Heynkes, but could not perform to his usual best under Kovac.

You've seen the perfect example as to how the same set of players can perform at two completely different levels with us - Emery vs Arteta.

Similarly you'd find James, Boateng and more at Bayern that looked completely finished at some point under Kovac - the guy's had massive issues with certain individuals.

Think of it as you being coached by @Oxeki and @Leo_ense_, probably not playing a lot in general and having no trust and fun with football anymore.

But then you get @OnlyOne as a new fresh exciting novice that just tells you "to go out and express yourself"

GDeep™

League is very weak
No point listening to fan opinions on players. Before the restart 99% of Arsenal fans would’ve told you Ceballos is **** and we shouldn’t keep him.
That would’ve been right though? Dani was crap and he should’ve been dumped. He’s turned it around in the last month though, with regular minutes and work with Arteta - and now fans are giving him his dues.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That would’ve been right though? Dani was crap and he should’ve been dumped. He’s turned it around in the last month though, with regular minutes and work with Arteta - and now fans are giving him his dues.

So what's to say that under Arteta Coutinho cant get back to his finest form?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
display

...Arsenal signing the 5th most disappointing player in the whole Bundesliga, as their marquee player in the summer :drool:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Yeah but all it shows is fan opinion ultimately means very little. There's lots of factors to consider when signing a player, with fan opinion over an 8 month period being way down the list. Players can perform differently in different leagues, different systems, under different managers.

GDeep™

League is very weak
display

...Arsenal signing the 5th most disappointing player in the whole Bundesliga, as their marquee signing in the summer :drool:
Arsenal fans will convince themselves its only fans with their BS opinions.

The video I posted on the other page is not a fan video.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah but all it shows is fan opinion ultimately means very little. There's lots of factors to consider when signing a player, with fan opinion over an 8 month period being way down the list. Players can perform differently in different leagues, different systems, under different managers.

Those fans have watched every minute of him though? Those opinions hold more water than people on here saying “let’s sign him because he’ll elevate us”.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I don’t know, it’s getting boring trying to rescue careers or wait 12 months for players to perform. Would be nice to have someone come in and improve us instantly.

I sort of get what you mean, there's obviously better options for money. I've always liked Coutinho. The only real players you're going to get who can come in and perform straight away are PL ready players, probably like your Grealish' etc. Other than that any signing no matter how much they cost from abroad could go either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom