• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Interesting to see how completely his role has changed under Arteta, and also how key Bellerin has been in helping him settle. That's the sort of intangible quality which fans can't see but which still contribute a lot to a squad. People give off about Luiz and Hector, but they're clearly leaders in the dressing room, and that's what fans want, right?

skysports-dani-ceballos-arsenal_5041084.png

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Still think he's too technically brilliant to not be a success, similar to Kovacic at Chelsea.

I may be wrong but let's see what happens if we actually play him as a deep CM.
From back in December. The first step was playing him deeper which Arteta has done. The second step was getting him to not show off as much which Arteta has also done.

He's not using the fancy turns and touches to break presses instead of just doing it for no reason.

He's also shown that he can make the assist the assister pass in recent weeks so I think we now look at partnering him with an athletic CM that has a good all around game. Partey would be excellent.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Partey Xhaka Ceballos​

Surely the aim if reports are true?
I think that midfield annoys you in some games but is good enough to challenge for the top4.

Eventually you hope Ceballos can mature into someone that does Xhaka's job then you replace Xhaka with a modern no10 or Smith-Rowe/Willock if they fulfil their potential.

GunnerShy

Anybody able to draw out the per 90 tackles, interceptions, ball winning pre & post lockdown.

The armchair analysis is that it feels like it's up significantly. Seems to be operating much better in the tighter spaces too. Also his "one leggedness" doesn't seem to be catching him out like earlier in the season.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Partey Xhaka Ceballos​

Surely the aim if reports are true?

Hopefully, if we could do that in one summer it'd be impressive. It doesn't have a De Bruyne type, a real star. But it's solid, add a quality CB and you might have yourself a solid foundation for a team.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Interesting to see how completely his role has changed under Arteta, and also how key Bellerin has been in helping him settle. That's the sort of intangible quality which fans can't see but which still contribute a lot to a squad. People give off about Luiz and Hector, but they're clearly leaders in the dressing room, and that's what fans want, right?

play a guy who's a 8/6 at 8/6 and he's better than as some kind of half winger, half 10. Rocket science.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
play a guy who's a 8/6 at 8/6 and he's better than as some kind of half winger, half 10. Rocket science.

True, but I can see why he was playing over on the left. That's where he played mostly for spain u-21, right? Also, if we bought Partey and kept Ceballos, I'd imagine Partey would occupy the space Ceballos has been in, and Ceballos would move back to the left with a bit more positional freedom.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
True, but I can see why he was playing over on the left. That's where he played mostly for spain u-21, right? Also, if we bought Partey and kept Ceballos, I'd imagine Partey would occupy the space Ceballos has been in, and Ceballos would move back to the left with a bit more positional freedom.

Games I've seen for Spain he actually was deeper on the right, but there was a lot of interchanging with Ruiz.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Next season, I bet we're going to play with three midfielders, and right now Arteta's coaching is making sure that Ceballos could play all three positions.

He could play as our CDM, B2B, or AM. I think AM will probably be his main position, but being able to play him in all three will be massive.

balthazar

Interesting. Looks like Emery allowed him to roam more, and at times it worked all, especially against Burnley here he was simply everywhere. But more often it didn't work well, a la Flamini-headless-chicken. It seems quite clear where Arteta wants him to stay and he has performed excellently in this structure.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Leadership in the background is important but Bellerin taking Dani to his favourite tapas bars in London isnt much use when your playing Sp**s away.

Everyone wants good characters but unfortunately good characters dont win football matches. Good players do.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Remember the Watford game when Emery played him in the wing ffs

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

For sure he's a different man under Arteta, as are many players

Happy to keep him next season and sign him. Hopefully we won't give him crazy wages in case he doesn't quite become what we need

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

A loan with obligation to buy is the best for all parties

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Feels like only a few weeks ago i was saying sign him up and the doubters were everywhere. Someone giving my stick for highlighting his performance for Spain v Poland in the under 21s which showcased his ability as a complete baller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom