• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst Arsenal memory?

What is your worst Arsenal memory?

• Total voters

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Everytime we are in the lead 2-0 with 20 minutes to go the last 10 years

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I had a nightmare we lost to Chelsea the night before the game, I woke up in a massive panic thinking it actually happened...then had to relive in reality, terrible day.

2006 Champions League final is the answer though, so close...but the most wronged in a match I ever felt was losing the record to United in 2004, that was all kinds of ****ing **** :mad:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

06 final was heartbreaking after holding on for so long, Campbell's header is probably the happiest I've ever been for a goal.
Looking back 04 Chelsea is really annoying. After Pires away goal I thought the tie was over and we absolutely dominated them the first half at Highbury.
As a kid the 2000 Uefa Cup final was a horrible night, thought about Keown's miss for weeks after that.
2-1 defeat at Middlesbrough in the 07-08 is a weird one that always sticks in my head as well, played terrible that day.
EDIT - Giggs goal and Henchoz hand ball were sickening as well. So many bad moments!

Bloodbather

Established Member

'06 Final for sure. It'd solidify the 2000s Wenger era as one of the greatest teams in the history of European football. Patrick Vieira wasn't there anymore, but that team truly deserved it and it was as frustrating a loss a loss at that stage could get. Lehmann being sent off, team still being the better side with 10 men, then conceding an offside goal and another one from a very saveable shot - one that Lehmann would surely save.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't know about worst but a bad one:

Carling Cup Final

Zigic and Martins

Just because it felt like the epitomy of everything we were: unable to win when it mattered, fragile, bottlers

Felt like as small as the Carling cup was. If we won it we'd be catapulted on to win more and more. We just needed that bit of confidence because we had the talent

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Ramsey, Diaby and Eduardo injuries, 2006 final, 8-2, 10-2, and last but definitely not least is watching greasyball from August 2018 - December 2019 under Unai Emery Etxegoien’s reign of terror.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
This will be an unusual one and one I wouldn't have thought at first. Wilshere injury when Paddy McNair broke his leg, studs showing, legs off of the ground, never got near the ball (had no hope of it). Not a word said to him by the referee, the only thing match of the day fkheads at the time said IIRC was that he went in for a fair challenge and it was unlucky.

It was the day that sealed it in my head, you can break an Arsenal player's leg on the pitch and nobody will say a word. It was bad before but refereeing for our games just got progressively worse after that point.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
CL Final 2006 was the first Arsenal match I ever watched. Was a neutral while watching. Over time I slowly became an Arsenal fan. The 8-2 is the worst for me.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Lot of bad bad memories in this thread:

Nayim from the halfway line. My dad had not long passed away. Trust Arsenal to make an unbearable time even worse.

Eduardo leg break - simply because that Manc c**t Terry Cristian came up with the following astounding statement afterwards on Talksport “Arsenal bring this on themselves”, not entirely sure I’ve ever been so angry in my life.

CL final/Henry miss - I was already celebrating when he was clean through on goal.

Having said all that, Arsenal have also brought me unbridled pleasure. Watched the 0-1 title winning game against United in the BlackStock on Seven Sisters Road. Finsbury Park erupted. Easily cancels out the three incidents I have listed.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

A common theme for me.

Obviously Paris 06 - specifically getting pissed on by a huge rainstorm in the stadium and walking back to the Metro, nearing the Bara celebrations back in the stadium.

But also that ****ing Nayim goal in 95, again in Paris, at the Parc des Princes. Thuggish police hitting us with batons followed by a truly dire performance topped by that ****. I also went to the bog at half time in extra time, pissed in the sink (only place available) the realised there was no drain, so I was basically pissing on my shoes. Joy.

But also Copenhangen in 2000. That was basically one long ****ing riot, followed by the most incompetent penalty shootout in history. Then some more Turkish nutters chased our coach in a transit and started whacking it with iron rods, on the way back to the airport.

And don’t get me started on Baku, though to be fair it was actually a fun 4 day trip with my son, friends and a **** ton of beer.

And yeah, I missed Copenhagen in 84...

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
A common theme for me.

Obviously Paris 06 - specifically getting pissed on by a huge rainstorm in the stadium and walking back to the Metro, nearing the Bara celebrations back in the stadium.

But also that ****ing Nayim goal in 95, again in Paris, at the Parc des Princes. Thuggish police hitting us with batons followed by a truly dire performance topped by that ****. I also went to the bog at half time in extra time, pissed in the sink (only place available) the realised there was no drain, so I was basically pissing on my shoes. Joy.

But also Copenhangen in 2000. That was basically one long ****ing riot, followed by the most incompetent penalty shootout in history. Then some more Turkish nutters chased our coach in a transit and started whacking it with iron rods, on the way back to the airport.

And don’t get me started on Baku, though to be fair it was actually a fun 4 day trip with my son, friends and a **** ton of beer.

And yeah, I missed Copenhagen in 84...
If we get to another European final, for god sake, don't go.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Where's the option for the two semi finals in 2009?

I rushed home from school to see us play United at home, only to turn on the tv and see Ronaldo lining up that freekick.

I truly fell for the hype and believed that we could turn it around.

Every other painful defeat or moment I had a ready made excuse for. We had 10 men in 2006, the players were hurting after Eduardo's leg break and we had other injury concerns. We were concentrating on the league in 2004. Anyone can lose a penalty shoutout (2000). The referee should have sent off one of their thugs.

But that game? We just got beat in a straight up football match because we were the inferior team.

I don't even care that we probably were going to lose to Barcelona in the final anyway. That one hurt.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

CL Final 2006 was the first Arsenal match I ever watched. Was a neutral while watching. Over time I slowly became an Arsenal fan. The 8-2 is the worst for me.

What a first game :lol:

Where's the option for the two semi finals in 2009?

I rushed home from school to see us play United at home, only to turn on the tv and see Ronaldo lining up that freekick.

I truly fell for the hype and believed that we could turn it around.

Every other painful defeat or moment I had a ready made excuse for. We had 10 men in 2006, the players were hurting after Eduardo's leg break and we had other injury concerns. We were concentrating on the league in 2004. Anyone can lose a penalty shoutout (2000). The referee should have sent off one of their thugs.

But that game? We just got beat in a straight up football match because we were the inferior team.

I don't even care that we probably were going to lose to Barcelona in the final anyway. That one hurt.

I know what you mean, all logic suggested United would beat us...they had Van Der Sar in goal we had Almunia, they had Rio and Vidic at the back and I think Djourou played that night for us...convinced we were gonna lose that semi.

But after getting out of Old Trafford only 1-0 down, as match time approached at The Emirates, I started to believe...it's football, anything can happen in a match.

They beat us like an older brother beating his younger brother in a game...it's the hope that kills!

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Seeing this thread has made me realize something.

Does any other club have so many bad memories or results in modern times?

Or are ours just magnified because of our general failings. Lets say that we won the Champions League in 2003 for example. Would Paris and Wayne Bridge hurt as much? I don't see Mancs complaining about their two final losses to Barcelona that much and I think its because they'd won it in 2008 so it doesn't hurt as much.

When you think about it, post Invincibles this club has had so many dark moments on and off the pitch its astounding. With the only light being the Fa cup win in 2005 until 2014. Lets see...

Paris
Cole leaving
Henry's departure
Kroenke
Dein selling the club down the river and getting sacked for it
Gazidis
Usmanov
Financial Austerity
The 4-2 at Anfield in the CL
Bottling the 2008 run in
Losing two semi finals
The 8-2