• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSBK

Established Member
I didn't really mean it as a criticism of him per se. More that he's not the most natural athlete, and is still learning when to press and when to hold. Its also a reflection of the fact that he has struggled for full peak fitness for most of this season due to the lack of pre-season. Accordingly, we don't yet know what his ceiling is in this style, but if this is his ceiling, he shouldn't be a long term priority to renew his contract.

He has struggled for peak fitness since he joined, wenger rarely played him the 90mins and same with emery. Football in this country is hard and some players just cant adapt the fitness levels. Also doesnt help we havent and dont play a possesion based game which then requires our players to have excellent endurance.

I have always liked him, if we can play like that every week and laca will last 70mins max then i think its not a bad thing.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
what a great first half! Flashes of Benzema.

OG would have been proud of a hold-up performance like that.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I have been critical off him for stuff on and off the field. The talent is there the application hasnt always been. Last night we saw the application and hunger that takes lethargic play away and changes it into competitive play. He looked like he gave a damn and it shined through in his hold up play his hustle his defending. He looked stronger and fitter for it.

If Arteta can get that from him every week then give him a new deal.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Another decent performance. Perhaps he was just just going through some personal, physical or motivational issue that is now resolved?

Wild speculation as always!

musoke

Laca looked so so out of gas in the second half. He really put in 2 grafty performances against Liverpool and City.
This is why I have always been a massive fan of his.

OSBK

Established Member
Another decent performance. Perhaps he was just just going through some personal, physical or motivational issue that is now resolved?

Wild speculation as always!

There is a good chance it is physical. Since the ankle injury his form dropped massively, we have a history of players with ankle injuries and them playing through pain.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
There is a good chance it is physical. Since the ankle injury his form dropped massively, we have a history of players with ankle injuries and them playing through pain.
He was not someone with pace to begin with. But he compensated for it with his workrate. I felt that his pace dropped even lower when he was back from injury and thought he has declined physically. But his recent performances prove otherwise.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If that hold up play, quick feet and passing is here to stay I’d rather we keep him.

King.

DasBootist

I'd still sell in a heartbeat. He is raising his price. If we can offload him and fund a replacement in Edouard, you get a player with better link up play, an ability to run in behind with physical presence and more goal threat.

Auba----Edouard----Pepe would be so balanced.
If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Reactions: Kav

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Arteta mentioned in one of his interviews yesterday that he has players playing with injections. Wonder who it is? Lacazette or Bellerin maybe? Actually hope it`s one of them as it would explain why they have looked to be struggling physically.

OSBK

Established Member
He was not someone with pace to begin with. But he compensated for it with his workrate. I felt that his pace dropped even lower when he was back from injury and thought he has declined physically. But his recent performances prove otherwise.

Its more the formation and his position now. Under emery there was 20 plus yards between defence,mid,attack and under arteta there is 10-15 and as a unit we attack together and defend together. Its a massive difference from your pressing the cb and tracking back 20 plus yards to tracking back 10-15

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Arteta mentioned in one of his interviews yesterday that he has players playing with injections. Wonder who it is? Lacazette or Bellerin maybe? Actually hope it`s one of them as it would explain why they have looked to be struggling physically.

Thats quite worrying, I wonder if it is Aubemeyang, sure he was amazing last night and hes been putting in effort but he hasn't been his usual self lately. Bellerin is the most likely I guess since he was coming off injury and has played a bit with injections as well already this season.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Its more the formation and his position now. Under emery there was 20 plus yards between defence,mid,attack and under arteta there is 10-15 and as a unit we attack together and defend together. Its a massive difference from your pressing the cb and tracking back 20 plus yards to tracking back 10-15

Yeah, this so much. I could see Emery looking at us last night and thinking thats how I wanted the team to play but not quite understanding the why of why it was working.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The guy is a grafter and has been clinical recently, but he can only last about 6o minutes and doesn't have the pace and stamina to do what he's doing and be present up front when needed.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

His stamina is fine tbh, he’s had to play lone striker, press and chase every hopeless cause against City and Liverpool in the same week.

Both our goals against Pool were a direct result of his and Reiss pressing, City he was present as an option for all of our counter attacks.

We ended the match against City with 29% possession (17% in the first half), and I imagine those stats were similar against pool so, lol yeah he’s defo fit enough.

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I feel like people are overrating his performances. He’s done really well of late but people act like scoring and working hard are not mutually exclusive. Danny Ings of Southampton works his bum off for 90 minutes every week, drops in to help his midfield and score 20 league goals. Benzema, Suarez, Cavani and Lewandowski do the same as Lacazette but to much higher level. I think we can praise him but giving him a new deal is stupidity. Take the money and find better. There is always better.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I feel like people are overrating his performances. He’s done really well of late but people act like scoring and working hard are not mutually exclusive. Danny Ings of Southampton works his bum off for 90 minutes every week, drops in to help his midfield and score 20 league goals. Benzema, Suarez, Cavani and Lewandowski do the same as Lacazette but to much higher level. I think we can praise him but giving him a new deal is stupidity. Take the money and find better. There is always better.

The bar is set very low for Lacazette unfortunately.

DasBootist

Lacazette is playing really well post restart, but a couple of posters still want rid ffs.

One lunatic wants to swap him for some dude named Edward? Can't we just enjoy wins and praise the players who are giving 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom