• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
I really hate stats like this, especially any stat which includes the Spanish Steve McLaren.

Arteta inherited a real mess of a team with morale below zero.

Who knows, he may surprise us all with an FA Cup title.
All of those managers did, for reasons I've already given.
You don't sack a manager if your team is successful on the pitch and a closely-knit family off it.

As for it being a surprise if The Arsenal win the Cup...
I think it's 50/50.
get the tactics right, or wrong, and that will decide it.
Not much difference between the two sides, imo.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

All that graphic shows is the Emery isn’t a terrible coach and backs up my theory that he just wasn’t very good at the popularity contest (amongst players, fans and media).
Watching Klopps success and Mourinho bounce around clubs, popularity/endearment isn’t an attribute that should be underestimated.

These are essentially his tactics I just think Arteta has added some bite and clarity.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
All that graphic shows is the Emery isn’t a terrible coach and backs up my theory that he just wasn’t very good at the popularity contest (amongst players, fans and media).
Watching Klopps success and Mourinho bounce around clubs, popularity/endearment isn’t an attribute that should be underestimated.

These are essentially his tactics I just think Arteta has added some bite and clarity.

We were conceding 20-30 shots in home games against poor sides under Emery ffs

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Arteta has a worse record after his first 19 league games than the club's last four bosses

TwwiG8g.png
Not sure a graphic that suggest Emery was better than early Wenger is that helpful!

Bloodbather

Established Member

And Emery had a better record to begin with than Wenger, which at the time was used as a sign that everything was working...which it wasn't. So maybe this isn't a great metric to judge a coach by.

Not to mention, Arteta is the only manager in that group that inherited the team mid-season.

lomekian

Essays are my thing

Emery's not a terrrible coach. But the wrong coach for this club at the wrong time. If they'd sacked him after Baku or when the wheels started to come off, his reputation would be in a lot better shape, but hey properly lost the players. The 2 months before he was sacked was the worst, most incoherent football I've seen at this club...the fact that the players were still trying so hard made it more painful. They still wanted to do well for him, but none of them knew what he wanted them to do.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Emery's not a terrrible coach. But the wrong coach for this club at the wrong time. If they'd sacked him after Baku or when the wheels started to come off, his reputation would be in a lot better shape, but hey properly lost the players. The 2 months before he was sacked was the worst, most incoherent football I've seen at this club...the fact that the players were still trying so hard made it more painful. They still wanted to do well for him, but none of them knew what he wanted them to do.
Do you believe that the players were really trying, because I think that they succeeded very well at acting like they were trying.
I think they were playing to get him sacked. And they did it.
The squad chose Xhaka as Capt., when that failed he lost the dressing room, and the rest is History.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Didn’t defend the club when asked about Pep’s comments.

Club need to watch this man very closely, a new agent has entered our club, and it isn’t Kia.

Manberg

Predator
Beating Liverpool and City in the space of 3 days was massive. Don’t get why fellow gooners are downplaying it. Of course we’re not where we should be but that’s been obvious for a long time.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I agree with all of this.

Corbulo

I noticed that as well. Your father just groped your wife. No comment ? It is believed that innocent children unsullied by life's deceptions always tell the truth.

I'll let it slide this time. Maybe he was just avoiding getting dragged into any controversy. Mikel is like a young boy on the cusp of pubescence. He is forever pondering whether the appreciation Guardiola gives him, straightforward as it may seem, is innocent or is concealing another more ambitious motive.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yep. And his underlying numbers don’t really show much (if any) improvement from Unai.

I rate Arteta, and think he’s going to be a big success here. But let’s be honest: this is going to take a while, and performances on the pitch haven’t massively improved thus far.

Some improvement will come automatically I think next season once the players have adapted to his style of play. And he is definitely instilling a better mentality. However he definitely needs some help in the transfer market too.
Emery only won those 11 because it was a Wenger team. He fell off a cliff when he stamped his own mark on the team.

Arteta in turn has only won 8 because he took over from the car crash Emery left behind.

I have told you before, you have to look beyond the numbers sometimes.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

That's not the case though. Emery's first games in charge are incredibly deceptive. In each one of them our football looked absolute crap, but somehow ended up winning by sheer determination.

In comparison in our best/winning games under Arteta we play very decent football, at least for a certain time before we lose fittness.

There were tons of debates about this at the time as well.

And sorry, no. We play differently under Arteta than under Emery. Our press was non-existant under Emery.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

That 22 game unbeaten run was the luckiest run you’ll ever see. Go and look at the highlights from the Everton, West Ham and Fulham games for starters. We should have been 2/3 down before scoring in those games, I remember Sessegnon missing two one on ones at the Emirates.

Regularly having 20+ shots against, 50/50 basketball matches against teams we’d usually swat aside.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom