• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corbulo

I'm very conflicted about Nicolas Pepe. The man communicates using visual, acoustic, and chemical signals. I really like his left foot. It deserves a lot of love and care. It's a beautiful thing to see him whipping the ball with his left phalanges and metatarsals. He definitely puts some Dijon mustard on those balls.
I’ve never seen someone who’s so good at dribbling in tight spaces and have such poor control over the ball. It's like those women who are amazing kissers but don't know how to use their tongue when it matters.

Pepe is a bit broken and odd-fitting. It's not his fault that he brought into this world and transferred for £70m. For that kind of money you'd expect a better output. Although I think he should be starting every single game. Let him fly. I get that he's extremely frustrating but there's really no excuse for not using him.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I’ve never seen someone who’s so good at dribbling in tight spaces and have such poor control over the ball. It's like those women who are amazing kissers but don't know how to use their tongue when it matters.

So the ones who are good looking but **** at kissing and don't know how to use their tongue when it matters would be Giroud?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He scored 22 goals for Lille last year, but 9 of those were penalties. He also got 11 assists. So take away the pens and it's 13 goals 11 assists in 38 games. This year it's 7 goals and 8 assists in 37 games.

So i'm pretty sure he can improve on those numbers hopefully having settled and playing in a better team under Arteta next year. And so far he's not the main penalty taker, but maybe that's something he could take on at some point in the future, he's clearly good at them.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He scored 22 goals for Lille last year, but 9 of those were penalties. He also got 11 assists. So take away the pens and it's 13 goals 11 assists in 38 games. This year it's 7 goals and 8 assists in 37 games.

So i'm pretty sure he can improve on those numbers hopefully having settled and playing in a better team under Arteta next year. And so far he's not the main penalty taker, but maybe that's something he could take on at some point in the future, he's clearly good at them.

First season at Lille was similar to his first season here.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Giroud is that whale you settle for at the end of the night and there’s nobody else left.

:lol:

It’ll be interesting when he somehow turns up next Saturday like he did in Baku.

He’s hitting form at the right time, he apparently has 7 goals in his last 8 starts.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I like Pepe but sometimes he can be frustrating, I will say it's his first season so let's give him another one and see what he can do. Also, if he secures us the cup on the 1st he will be worth every penny spent - which, to be honest I could see him and Auba doing it!

lomekian

Essays are my thing

I hear you but it’s a little more complex and nuanced than that. You are right that work ethic and endeavour are core to British culture. It’s heavily influenced by post war rise of working class and frankly, the climate.

But things have changed with globalisation, in particular with football and ideas about how it should be played here.

I’m old but unlike when I grew up watching football and all you had was MoTD / Football Italia + all British managers and 10% foreign players, the mindset has evolved drastically.

The funny thing is the very best players with longevity often do also actually work the hardest. Fans want both talent and hard work. It’s not a mutually exclusive thing.

If you grew up watching MoTD and Football Italia, you ain't that old ;-)

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If you grew up watching MoTD and Football Italia, you ain't that old ;-)

Haha I guess it’s relative. My first Arsenal match was in 95 under Bruce Rioch v Wimbledon and Bergkamp got booed off the pitch :lol:

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

He also won a good chunk of the penalties he scored.

I'm not really worried for him. Pepe was a late Boomer. He's still raw for his age. He has all the tools to make it here. Let's hope he does.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully I’ll be ‘nobody is safe’-ing this thread soon. As things stand absolutely nothing in our team is catered towards him, Arteta doesn’t even allow him an overlapping fullback, one of the most basic attacking tactics in football. The numbers he’s gotten pretty much all stem from individual quality which means there’s loads of room for improvement. But why even bother.

Came on against Villa, had a decent performance, whipped in more dangerous crosses than anyone else had prior to him coming on (think Eddie hit the post from one?) gets a few players booked and commanded a double team every time he received the ball.

The above performance actually ended up with him getting more criticism than anyone else. Most of you have all made your mind up, clearly. :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Hopefully I’ll be ‘nobody is safe’-ing this thread soon. As things stand absolutely nothing in our team is catered towards him, Arteta doesn’t even allow to have an overlapping fullback, one of the most basic attacking tactics in football. The numbers he’s gotten pretty much all stem from individual quality which means there’s loads of room for improvement. But why even bother.

Came on against Villa, had a decent performance, whipped in more dangerous crosses than anyone else had prior to him coming on (think Eddie hit the post from one? gets a few players booked and commanded a double team every time he received the ball.

The above performance actually ended up with him getting more criticism than anyone else. Most of you have all made your mind up, clearly. :lol:

Its pretty hilarious how some on here go on about Pepe when he's one of the shining lights in an abysmal season.

Like you said, most of his moments have come from individual brilliance due to the rest of our side behind him being pretty woeful.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Hopefully I’ll be ‘nobody is safe’-ing this thread soon. As things stand absolutely nothing in our team is catered towards him, Arteta doesn’t even allow him an overlapping fullback, one of the most basic attacking tactics in football. The numbers he’s gotten pretty much all stem from individual quality which means there’s loads of room for improvement. But why even bother.

Came on against Villa, had a decent performance, whipped in more dangerous crosses than anyone else had prior to him coming on (think Eddie hit the post from one?) gets a few players booked and commanded a double team every time he received the ball.

How do you explain him constantly losing the ball and not doing much with it other than dribbling to nowhere?

I miss when we had Alexis Sanchez and you didn’t have to work in football analytics or be a coach to see how good he was.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

And you haven't?

Clearly this works both ways. He has been poor, don't understand why it's such crime to claim.

Besides he's an individual player, that much is clear, so most of his best actions are going to come that way, especially when you consider that he evidently keeps the ball for too long and has displayed tunnel vision when fullbacks/other players have made good runs.

The majority of the criticism has been based on what he's shown so far.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

People are so quick to bash our biggest legends these days. Smh. Just ignore him.

Kysus

Unreal talent and supposedly really nice guy and willing learner as well.
Whenever he is not in the lineup my excitment level for the game drops quite a bit.
Roasts the best defenders for fun and can only be stopped with fouls.

Can't wait for his 2nd season at the club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom