• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
43 points off the top. Emery, Freddie, Mikel, Stan, Raul, Edu take a bow.

tbt.gif

CountChocula

Arteta has a worse record after his first 19 league games than the club's last four bosses

TwwiG8g.png
This infographic maker did the math wrong, so it's very misleading. If you calculate it correctly, Wenger and Rioch both got 8 Ws x 3 + 7 Ds x 1 = 31 pts, not 33 pts. Now 31 pts is not much different from Arteta's 30 pts given the pitiful state the club was in when Arteta took over.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Emery got more points (38) than Wenger (31) in his first season. Who here is gonna argue Emery is a better coach than early Wenger?

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Having played in Arsenal teams with plenty of craft and creativity, the Spaniard is keen to address the gap in the squad, citing some of his former teammates as the kind of player he needs.

“Look at the players that we had in the past at this club in those positions,” he continued.

“You go back to Cazorla, to Rosicky, to Arshavin when he played there, to Ramsey when he played there, to Mkhitaryan when he came in. Even Jack Wilshere used to play in those pockets all the time.

“That is a lot of players who are now not here. We have to renew that cycle, because if not, those kind of players won’t be there for us anymore.

“They are a big part of what any squad needs.”

Loving this :Celebration:

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
This infographic maker did the math wrong, so it's very misleading. If you calculate it correctly, Wenger and Rioch both got 8 Ws x 3 + 7 Ds x 1 = 31 pts, not 33 pts. Now 31 pts is not much different from Arteta's 30 pts given the pitiful state the club was in when Arteta took over.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Emery got more points (38) than Wenger (31) in his first season. Who here is gonna argue Emery is a better coach than early Wenger?
I just saw it and thought I'd post it.
It's from The Sun so of course it's a load of ****e.
Statistics can prove anything, almost.

I loved early George Graham, and he gave me the best Arsenal team that I could relate to. Knew a few of that team from schoolboy level, and what that team gave me will stay with me forever.
Early Wenger built a couple of fantastic teams, but alienated me totally. I went to a few training camps in Austria, and met him a few times. Every meeting made me dislike him more. Half the players wouldn't talk to you, and I can speak pretty passable french.
Everything about the Club changed in that time, and now it's just some American Franchise playing soccerball in the English League.
The European Super League will come in eventually, and Arsenal will be a part of that.

I'm sure Mikel Arteta has what it takes to be a good coach, but quite honestly I don't really care. I've never been to the Emirates, will only go if my Swiss team gets you lot in Europe, and of course then I'll be cheering for an away win ( 90 mins, not like the 'fans' at the Bowl ).

Everything about current Arsenal is a piss-take
it's there for skysports, fascist foreign regimes to get exposure and launder money, and armchair fans round the World.
They can all suck my ****!

I'm going to the football tonight, have tickets for FC Zürich versus St. Gallen 1879, and I play football as well for my city district in the Over 50s League.

Football should be about a group of local lads playing against another group of lads from another district.

This Arsenal sucks balls.

EinmalImmerEwig

I like their crest. Reminds me of my childhood, weirdly.

It's a shame to see them where they are now
So you were in Fagin's gang as a kid then?
Magpies + Hiller = Give me my bag back! :lol:

Huge game today
I like Barnet, because of the Arsenal connection, and might watch a bit of the game before I go out to the football

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I just saw it and thought I'd post it.
It's from The Sun so of course it's a load of ****e.
Statistics can prove anything, almost.

I loved early George Graham, and he gave me the best Arsenal team that I could relate to. Knew a few of that team from schoolboy level, and what that team gave me will stay with me forever.
Early Wenger built a couple of fantastic teams, but alienated me totally. I went to a few training camps in Austria, and met him a few times. Every meeting made me dislike him more. Half the players wouldn't talk to you, and I can speak pretty passable french.
Everything about the Club changed in that time, and now it's just some American Franchise playing soccerball in the English League.
The European Super League will come in eventually, and Arsenal will be a part of that.

I'm sure Mikel Arteta has what it takes to be a good coach, but quite honestly I don't really care. I've never been to the Emirates, will only go if my Swiss team gets you lot in Europe, and of course then I'll be cheering for an away win ( 90 mins, not like the 'fans' at the Bowl ).

Everything about current Arsenal is a piss-take
it's there for skysports, fascist foreign regimes to get exposure and launder money, and armchair fans round the World.
They can all suck my ****!

I'm going to the football tonight, have tickets for FC Zürich versus St. Gallen 1879, and I play football as well for my city district in the Over 50s League.

Football should be about a group of local lads playing against another group of lads from another district.

This Arsenal sucks balls.
'When I was a lad we never used to have a cup. We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper. But you know, we were happy in those days.'

'You were lucky, the best we could manage was to suck on a damp piece of cloth.'

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Not sure exactly where to put this but in light of Arteta wanting to change the culture I thought this interview is highly insightful.

The way Rio talks about his own mentality and the culture at Utd makes me completely understand how/why they were so successful. Sure all the players in the EPL have a certain level of elite mentality/talent but it's really obvious that some aren't mentally cut out at the top level, to be ruthless is carrying out actions to win.

I feel like Arteta wants to bring that and I really do think there's not enough of that mentality in the club.

I should also caveat that I think it was over the top at times given the interview, the inability to show emotion is probably negative, but I feel we need less of the softness we've displayed as a club for many years and more ruthlessness.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not sure exactly where to put this but in light of Arteta wanting to change the culture I thought this interview is highly insightful.

The way Rio talks about his own mentality and the culture at Utd makes me completely understand how/why they were so successful. Sure all the players in the EPL have a certain level of elite mentality/talent but it's really obvious that some aren't mentally cut out at the top level, to be ruthless is carrying out actions to win.

I feel like Arteta wants to bring that and I really do think there's not enough of that mentality in the club.

I should also caveat that I think it was over the top at times given the interview, the inability to show emotion is probably negative, but I feel we need less of the softness we've displayed as a club for many years and more ruthlessness.
Arteta has just been with Pep and City for four years, winning 2 titles and numerous cups. As you say, he knows what mentality and quality you need to compete at the top, we couldn’t have brought in a better person when it comes to that.

EinmalImmerEwig

Arteta has just been with Pep and City for four years, winning 2 titles and numerous cups. As you say, he knows what mentality and quality you need to compete at the top, we couldn’t have brought in a better person when it comes to that.
Well, we could have.
We could have brought in Guardiola.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom