• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

scytheavatar

Established Member
Heard a lot of negative whispers about DB10, but none from any sources more credible than 'some bloke on a forum or social media', and when Ajax sacked him it was alongside the manager and others.

I have no idea how a good a coach he is, but I'd want more than some bloke in t'internet to decide he's no good.

Bergkamp was a mere academy coach at Ajax who basically ran the club as a defacto Director of Football cause he was good buddies with the board members. Drove Bosz and Jonker out of the club, then installed Keizer and Spijkerman in charge. Those 2 ended up being complete flops and they had to be sacked along with Bergkamp. And things improved a lot in Ajax after Bergkamp was gone.

Vibra

Established Member
I hope he figures out his best 11 next season, there's been much chopping and changing under Arteta

Manberg

Predator
Manager wise he is still wet behind the ears but he will get experience as the time goes on. He will grow as the team grows. It will be good chemistry in the long run IMO.

He’s learning about the team, how to handle the media and the bored. Tactics wise he’s a master already.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Looking at Utd and Chelsea, I think we'd have been higher up the league if Arteta had joined us pre season. Its been a mixed bag for him but there are good signs that will be more frequent with better players that he can actually work with. I hooe ge helps us win the FA Cup snd we can enter next season doing our business quietly as all the focus and love will ge for the top four.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Just looked

When he joined, before his first game at Bournemouth:

13th P18 W5 D8 W5 Pts 23

Finished:

8th P38 W14 D14 L10 Pts 56

I'm in two minds about Arteta. We really won't know what we truly have until next season. This year he took over as the 3rd manager of a poorly built squad and then add Covid on top and he's had a stop start season, it wasn't ideal. There are a ton of good things that you might get excited about looking forward. We've had better results no doubt, better organization and he's committed to changing our culture. He's also got us to a cup final. So he's doing a better job than I think many ppl we could have appointed.

However he's got some cons as well. He's not helping himself many times with his team selection. He's persisting with Laca through the middle, and that pushes our best goal scorer out wide in a position I don't think he's particular adept at. Then you've got persistence with Xhaka and that really is the root of our issues. We get dominated in midfield over and over again. Lost complete control today and the match was end to end and wide open. We are lucky Emi saved our asses tbh. We play this 343 where we have 5 defenders out there with a useless Xhaka. Many times it was Poor Ceballos trying to cover the entire middle of the pitch because Xhaka is incapable. There are ways we could setup to control a match better but that would include Guendouzi and Arteta is alienating him for whatever petty stupid reason. Instill ur culture but don't be hard headed, figure out a compromise.

So anyways, hopefully we can back him in the market so he can get some guys in he feels comfortable with. I'm hoping for my sanity that doesn't involve Xhaka and playing a 343 going forward, which I think he's also mentioned is not the way he wants to play going forward but just a necessity atm.

Manberg

Predator
I'm in two minds about Arteta. We really won't know what we truly have until next season. This year he took over as the 3rd manager of a poorly built squad and then add Covid on top and he's had a stop start season, it wasn't ideal. There are a ton of good things that you might get excited about looking forward. We've had better results no doubt, better organization and he's committed to changing our culture. He's also got us to a cup final. So he's doing a better job than I think many ppl we could have appointed.

However he's got some cons as well. He's not helping himself many times with his team selection. He's persisting with Laca through the middle, and that pushes our best goal scorer out wide in a position I don't think he's particular adept at. Then you've got persistence with Xhaka and that really is the root of our issues. We get dominated in midfield over and over again. Lost complete control today and the match was end to end and wide open. We are lucky Emi saved our asses tbh. We play this 343 where we have 5 defenders out there with a useless Xhaka. Many times it was Poor Ceballos trying to cover the entire middle of the pitch because Xhaka is incapable. There are ways we could setup to control a match better but that would include Guendouzi and Arteta is alienating him for whatever petty stupid reason. Instill ur culture but don't be hard headed, figure out a compromise.

So anyways, hopefully we can back him in the market so he can get some guys in he feels comfortable with. I'm hoping for my sanity that doesn't involve Xhaka and playing a 343 going forward, which I think he's also mentioned is not the way he wants to play going forward but just a necessity atm.

:lol:

Imagine blaming the manager for selecting his best midfielder and using that against him. This post is such troll.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Big job next season with him without backing for the6 board even if we didn't win the cup the next season will be same

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Emery sacked while 8th... joint points as 6th. :eek:

Thats mad I remember us as being 16th or something by how bad it felt.

em.png

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
He's done a lot more than steady the ship. He's pretty much squeezed every ounce of quality and effort from this squad. But with no investment there's absolutely nothing he can do next season and I fear it could get really ugly.

Top Bottom