• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerShy

Unreal talent and supposedly really nice guy and willing learner as well.
Whenever he is not in the lineup my excitment level for the game drops quite a bit.
Roasts the best defenders for fun and can only be stopped with fouls.

Can't wait for his 2nd season at the club
We really need him to improve for the sake of the Arsenal!

The good thing is, the tools and talent is there. But he needs to translate it into the premier league.

That will be a test of character, football IQ and the coaching team. There's guys around him who know more than us, I hope they can get him up and running. At full steam he can be one of the best wingers in the league. A more functional arsenal team would he helpful.too!

Ashybashy86

Hopefully I’ll be ‘nobody is safe’-ing this thread soon. As things stand absolutely nothing in our team is catered towards him, Arteta doesn’t even allow him an overlapping fullback, one of the most basic attacking tactics in football. The numbers he’s gotten pretty much all stem from individual quality which means there’s loads of room for improvement. But why even bother.

Came on against Villa, had a decent performance, whipped in more dangerous crosses than anyone else had prior to him coming on (think Eddie hit the post from one?) gets a few players booked and commanded a double team every time he received the ball.

The above performance actually ended up with him getting more criticism than anyone else. Most of you have all made your mind up, clearly. :lol:
Speaking of fullbacks, I'm hoping that after the holes have been plugged, those will be his next priority. Their importance is something he would've learned during his time with Pep.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Haha I guess it’s relative. My first Arsenal match was in 95 under Bruce Rioch v Wimbledon and Bergkamp got booed off the pitch :lol:

My first was 2nd Jan 1988 - 1-1 vs QPR (weirdly we'd played the day before away at Portsmouth in a 0-0). The game was awful!

Later we signed Lee Dixon that month and my second game was his first home start.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
For the price of a Pepe we could have bought 13,610,586 Big Mac Large Extra Value Meals, AND had sixpence left over, FFS!

Over 13 Million of these beauties...

cPOldZD.png

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Do you remember that 3 year period were ITV got the rights for league highlights?

Loved "Beautiful Day" by U2 on a Saturday night in the early 2000s, getting ready to watch Thierry Henry put some poor team to the sword :drool:

Worst band in the history of the world. Loved the South park mockery of Bono

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Do you remember that 3 year period were ITV got the rights for league highlights?

Loved "Beautiful Day" by U2 on a Saturday night in the early 2000s, getting ready to watch Thierry Henry put some poor team to the sword :drool:

They poached Des Lynam too didn't they :lol:

If I remember rightly that was around 2001-2004? The fact we didn't lose an away match in the league for 2 consecutive seasons is mind boggling.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Might be harsh here, their debut is quite good and Joshua Tree is decent at Times. Vertigo might be the worst song ever tho
1987, U2 doing the Joshua Tree Tour, with The Pretenders as support act.

We bought tickets for it in Berne, Switzerland. In the Wankdorf football ground.
Can't remember how much, but stupidly expensive for such a ****e duo.

The reason we went though...

Lou Reed and Big Audio Dynamite were the other support acts.
****ing awesome.

Watched BAD, then Lou Reed, then went out, sold our bracelets to get in again for the same price as we had paid for the tickets ( concert was sold-out ) to some rich mongs outside so that they could go in and watch Bono.

Result for all concerned.
Happy Days!

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Might be harsh here, their debut is quite good and Joshua Tree is decent at Times. Vertigo might be the worst song ever tho

Crap since the mid 90s. Pretty good prior to that. Everything since Achtung Baby has been meh at best. Amazing live band though. Saw them with my first girlfriend...(her choice)

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

His pin point crosses from the right are quickly becoming his signature, he’s been hitting em recently.

I saw people b*tch and moan for no reason when he was our best attacking player first half and was one of the few trying to make something happen.

Very pleased needs to keep it up and hopefully replicate in the FA cup final (if he even starts).

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Was pretty positive today, although I thought he could have been better 1v1 early on in the game. He gets such a higher volume of touches when AMN is behind him, even if he doesn't overlap much. There's still quite a bit to work with, we will see more next season IMO.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
It's so weird, he can dribble, seems to have good technique and is electric.

And yet, he almost never tries to take on his man or try to use his pace to beat anyone except once every 3-4 games or so which is so weird for a winger. He has all the ingredients to do well, but doesn't seem to be consistently try stuff.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
A good cross in the build up to Tierney's goal & more involved than usual but that's about it

I was a big critic of him earlier this season but the dood has 9 assist and 8 goals for us in all comps. That isn't a bad return considering our circumstances, the PL isn't an easy league to adapt to, and he gets hacked constantly with very little protection from the refs. I think we are all aware about how disjointed our attack is atm, and with all the change in management ect I think he's done well this year. It's not a good return for 72m but he's showing signs of being a top player for us. Arteta has to figure out how to use him better imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom