• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Manberg

Predator
Emery sacked while 8th... joint points as 6th. :eek:

Thats mad I remember us as being 16th or something by how bad it felt.

em.png

I remember being 13th at one point. Must have been with Freddie.

Manberg

Predator
Emery and Freddie had the easier fixtures, and at home too. Most of our games lately have been away. Arteta's results in the league have been decent.

Maybe you ought to open your mind a little and come to the realisation that Xhaka's not and has never been as bad as you might think. In fact he's pretty good.

Kinda hard to do so considering I watch the matches and he's a massive liability and one of the main reasons we consistently give up tons of possession and shots/shots on goal. Watford is a relegation side yet they had free runs on our goal all match. The same happened with Villa/Wolves/Leicester. Massive space in midfield because weve got Dani Ceballos paired with a traffic cone lololol

I'm not sure positions tells everything. I never have seen Arsenal squad so unbalanced and down on confidence like when Emery was sacked.

I think Arteta has made a lot of correct moves and done well if we keep that in mind. The transfers he has been given were Mari and Soares, so two players we signed regressed the squad even further quality-wise. Then there was covid and wage-cut thing that was hard to see how players would react too.

1 game left. What happens after that? Will players get a break? Or do we move right into next season pre-season?

We need to be spot on with our signings this window.

Manberg

Predator
Kinda hard to do so considering I watch the matches and he'sa massive liability and one of the main reasons we consistently give up tons of possession and shots/shots on goal. Watford is a relegation side yet they had free runs on our goal all match. The same happened with Villa/Wolves/Leicester. Massive space in midfield because weve got Dani Ceballos paired with a traffic cone lololol

None of that is Xhaka's fault.

None of that is Xhaka's fault.
When I figure out how to post a photo I'll show u a visual aid as to how little Xhaka provides this team in terms of his midfield production. He doesn’t tackle, he doesn't intercept, he doesn't even pressure opposing players, he's piss poor my dood lmao

Manberg

Predator
When I figure out how to post a photo I'll show u a visual aid as to hoq little Xhaka provides this team in terms of his midfield production. He doesn’t tackle, he doesn't intercept, he doesn't even pressure opposing players, he's piss poor my dood lmao

Xhaka is a great player and the first name on the team sheet. You're blinded by an agenda so you see things that aren't accurate.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I'm not sure positions tells everything. I never have seen Arsenal squad so unbalanced and down on confidence like when Emery was sacked.

I think Arteta has made a lot of correct moves and done well if we keep that in mind. The transfers he has been given were Mari and Soares, so two players we signed regressed the squad even further quality-wise. Then there was covid and wage-cut thing that was hard to see how players would react too.

1 game left. What happens after that? Will players get a break? Or do we move right into next season pre-season?

We need to be spot on with our signings this window.

Fantastic post, spot on yet again.

Kav

Established Member
You can't group Emery and Fred's performances and compare them to Arteta. That is not how you do an accurate comparison.

Emery - 13 Games, 18 points.
Freddie - 5 games, 5 points.
Arteta - 20 games - 33 points.

Arteta has done a commendable job.However he is very green in management and we lost alot of points from winning positions. This suggest that the team and Arteta have a lot of improving to undertake.

Xhaka is s a great player and the first name on the team sheet. You're blinded by an agenda so you see things that aren't accurate.

Lelelelel Yeh I'm blinded by my agenda that I'd like Arsenal to be a CL team again and control matches easily dispatching relegation fodder like we did once upon time. Watfords xG today was 4.17 lmao they were strolling through our midfield like it wasn't there. Xhaka was nowhere to be found many a time they just went right past him, as most teams usually do. And that's with 5 defenders on the pitch to try and shore up Xhaka's deficiencies. Imagine us ever going to a back 4 again we'd really be exposed with that plodder in midfield.

Manberg

Predator
Lelelelel Yeh I'm blinded by my agenda that I'd like Arsenal to be a CL team again and control matches easily dispatching relegation fodder like we did once upon time. Watfords xG today was 4.17 lmao they were strolling through our midfield like it wasn't there. Xhaka was nowhere to be found many a time they just went right past him, as most teams usually do. And that's with 5 defenders on the pitch to try and shore up Xhaka's deficiencies. Imagine us ever going to a back 4 again we'd really be exposed with that plodder in midfield.

Defending is the responsibility of the whole team. Xhaka's not more responsible for any of that as any other player is.
5 defenders on the pitch is not "to shore up Xhaka's deficiencies" it's to shore up the deficiencies of our back line. It has the opposite effect on Xhaka because a midfield 2 cannot control a game like a midfield 3 can. With less numbers in midfield you cede possession of the ball. It's a needed tactic because of how bad our centre backs are. But Xhaka has nevertheless done a great job.

Defending is the responsibility of the whole team. Xhaka's not more responsible for any of that as any other player is.
5 defenders on the pitch is not "to shore up Xhaka's deficiencies" it's to shore up the deficiencies of our back line. It has the opposite effect on Xhaka because a midfield 2 cannot control a game like a midfield 3 can. With less numbers in midfield you cede possession of the ball. It's a needed tactic because of how bad our centre backs are. But Xhaka has nevertheless done a great job.

Its a domino effect. Our back 4 is getting g exposed so often because teams have a free run at them. How do you prevent opposition from getting so many chances? Controlling the game possession wise and limiting the oppositions opportunities. We can't do that because our midfield is anchored by a useless sack of ****. So we have to throw extra defenders on, or use a guy like Willock who can run and make up for Xhaka's lack of defensive ability, but then u give up a ton of creativity going forward.

So that's why we see our team struggling to keep possession and constantly losing the midfield battle...allowing far more shots to our opposition. Go look back at our xG since the restart. We are hovering at around 0.7 - 0.9 and our opposition is usually around 2+. This is a midfield issue lololol

Manberg

Predator
Its a domino effect. Our back 4 is getting g exposed so often because teams have a free run at them. How do you prevent opposition from getting so many chances? Controlling the game possession wise and limiting the oppositions opportunities. We can't do that because our midfield is anchored by a useless sack of ****. So we have to throw extra defenders on, or use a guy like Willock who can run and make up for Xhaka's lack of defensive ability, but then u give up a ton of creativity going forward.

So that's why we see our team struggling to keep possession and constantly losing the midfield battle...allowing far more shots to our opposition. Go look back at our xG since the restart. We are hovering at around 0.7 - 0.9 and our opposition is usually around 2+. This is a midfield issue lololol

First of all Xhaka's not an anchorman or a DM and he's not being asked to play as one, he's a DLP. We're not using a DM. Position wise there is nobody in the spaces between the midfield and defence but ofcourse, Xhaka and Ceballos drop deep when we don't have the ball. When we do have the ball we'll get exposed to counterattacks as soon as we lose it. Xhaka and Ceballos aren't in DM positions in those moments of play, but higher up the pitch, as they're being asked to. Having a third centreback should on paper make our back line more able to handle the opposition's attack from open play. All our centrebacks are suspect defensively so it's very much needed.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's done a lot more than steady the ship. He's pretty much squeezed every ounce of quality and effort from this squad. But with no investment there's absolutely nothing he can do next season and I fear it could get really ugly.
That he's got all he can out of this lot is obvious. They are only good for 8th or worse. The board need to start again. We haven't finished this low since the 70's. They need to spend.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom