• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

First of all Xhaka's not an anchorman or a DM and he's not being asked to play as one, he's a DLP. We're not using a DM. Position wise there is nobody in the spaces between the midfield and defence but ofcourse, Xhaka and Ceballos drop deep when we don't have the ball. When we do have the ball we'll get exposed to counterattacks as soon as we lose it. Xhaka and Ceballos aren't in DM positions in those moments of play, but higher up the pitch, as they're being asked to. Having a third centreback should on paper make our back line more able to handle the opposition's attack from open play. All our centrebacks are suspect defensively so it's very much needed.

You just said we have to defend as a team and then gave our weakest defender a pass because he's a 'DLP' lolol okay maybe I'm not the one that has the agenda after all. Here let's compare him to other DLPs.

Alcantra is the best DLP in the world, I wouldnt hold Xhaka up to these standards but just to show how piss poor he is, this will illustrate it.

Tackles per 90:

Alcantra - 4.25
Xhaka - 1.6

Interceptions per 90:

A - 3.65
X - 0.72

Pressures/Regains per 90:

A - 16/5
X - 15/4

Meanwhile Alcantra actually contributes to a lot of big chances and scoring opportunities for Bayern, plus he's massive with his ball progression. That's something Xhaka should be doing for us but doesn't. I could also post the advanced stats here in regards to that but it would be a waste of time on someone that so clearly has a bias to try and protect one of the worst midfielders our club has employed. I can't teach u about football homeboy, can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink ect ect. Have a nice day lelelel.

Manberg

Predator
You just said we have to defend as a team and then gave our weakest defender a pass because he's a 'DLP' lolol okay maybe I'm not the one that has the agenda after all. Here let's compare him to other DLPs.

Alcantra is the best DLP in the world, I wouldnt hold Xhaka up to these standards but just to show how piss poor he is, this will illustrate it.

Tackles per 90:

Alcantra - 4.25
Xhaka - 1.6

Interceptions per 90:

A - 3.65
X - 0.72

Pressures/Regains per 90:

A - 16/5
X - 15/4

Meanwhile Alcantra actually contributes to a lot of big chances and scoring opportunities for Bayern, plus he's massive with his ball progression. That's something Xhaka should be doing for us but doesn't. I could also post the advanced stats here in regards to that but it would be a waste of time on someone that so clearly has a bias to try and protect one of the worst midfielders our club has employed. I can't teach u about football homeboy, can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink ect ect. Have a nice day lelelel.

:lol: Poor comparison.

Xhaka is more like a Pirlo, Xavi, Alonso or an Arteta. Not Thiago.

:lol: Poor comparison.

Xhaka is more like a Pirlo, Xavi or an Arteta. Not Thiago.
Thiago is a DLP and the best one in the world lol bad comparison because he highlights just how much Xhaka leaves to be desired. But regardless there are a ton of players I could use and they all have much better productivity than trash Xhaka, like doods we could get cheap too who'd be a massive upgrade for our team. But yeh lel guess we've accepted mid table results and players at this point so like I said no reason to try and convince you :rofl:

sdotzdot

Established Member
Baffling decisions from him today. Experimenting with a different lineup when we had a settled formation one game before our biggest game of the season is just shocking tbh.

Playing Willock who is generally a bad player in an even worse position for him.

Artetas got the talent and I rate him but there’ll be more of these moments along the road, he’s learning on the job and I like that he’s not stubborn and willing to change, just need to have (a lot of) patience.

Manberg

Predator
Thiago is a DLP and the best one in the world lol bad comparison because he highlights just how much Xhaka leaves to be desired. But regardless there are a ton of players I could use and they all have much better productivity than trash Xhaka, like dood we could get cheap too who'd be a massive upgrade for our team. But yeh lel guess we've accepted mid table results and players at this point so like I said no reason to try and convince you :rofl:

You’re saying Xhaka is the worst midfielder we ever had then you compare him to Thiago, who has superior physical attributes. Is there nothing in between? Xhaka is not in the middle either. A top 10 DLP in the world at the moment, without a doubt.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Elite cameo from Freddie it has to be said...

c09.jpg
I knew Freddie was finished when he was wearing designer trainers in the dug out. We had no chance.
Only club to not get the new/interim manager effect, Arsenal. :lol:

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

^That, and the overall underlying performance metrics for Arteta now with a significant sample size are really worrying, tbh. Yes there are some positives but is impossible to call the fact that the underlying performances metrics are even worse than Basque Mark Hughes' anything but worrisome. Honestly didn't expect that to be possible.

New personnel can make this change drastically, especially since Arteta seems to have actual ideas about football unlike BMH and seems to communicate with his players well and inspire belief in them, also unlike BMH. That said, it really isn't acceptable performance level and Arteta should be disappointed...we can hope, and reasonably think, that the performance levels will change drastically with different personnel but there is also the worry that Arteta just is never able to translate his managerial qualities into actual results, which is what after all the job is about. Let's pray that's not the case but we'll need to see at least an improvement on Emery's xG 18 games into next season, if not we really have to worry if Arteta is just a good communicator and motivator but not actually a good manager.

You’re saying Xhaka is the worst midfielder we ever had then you compare him to Thiago, who has superior physical attributes. Is there nothing in between? Xhaka is not in the middle either. A top 10 DLP in the world at the moment, without a doubt.

Don't think physical attributes has much to do with it, Thiago is more agile in short spaces but is not a physical portent whatsoever. He's just much better than Xhaka. Fair to point out that they play slightly different positions, Thiago would be more comparable to Ceballos. Still also fair to point out that Xhaka's defensive contribution is pretty poor for a midfielder in a pivot, but yes, while I agree with @Big Weng 4 LYF bby that Xhaka needs upgrading you are underrating him here BigWeng, he is a far superior player to Denilson (and Torreira, for that matter) and while we need a more complete player in his position it's much more understandable than you make out to play Xhaka in that position instead of Guendouzi, especially when you are searching for stability as Arteta is. Long-term certainly I would've loved/would love to see Guendouzi developed in that position though, with good coaching.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I knew Freddie was finished when he was wearing designer trainers in the dug out. We had no chance.
Only club to not get the new/interim manager effect, Arsenal. :lol:
Didn't you feel sorry for him a bit? Poor guy literally couldn't believe what he was watching. This was his reaction to the team trying to play out from the back:
tenor.gif

Top Bottom