• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
EPnjCBVX0AA8Jk1.jpg

That face. :rofl:
I don't think Ive ever seen a more punchable face.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Still think we should buy another attacking midfielder if we loan Coutinho. Can’t be having a 3 man midfield of Partey, Xhaka and Ceballos and expect to create from that area of the pitch. I’m not convinced Ceballos can be effective closer to the opposition penalty box.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

For me what I don’t get about this signing is despite his xA numbers he’s not a creative attacking midfielder. He fits more naturally in a counter attacking team.

The problem we have right now is that our front line is completely separated from our midfield.

A Pepe/Lacazette/Auba frontline offers nothing in terms of buildup and because we only have sitting midfielders we can’t advance the ball.

Coutinho if he comes wouldn’t solve that, he likes to stay high up the pitch and his strongest skill is shooting.

Zaha, Grealish, Partey, Buendia and Benrahma are all very different types of players but the numbers show they’re great possession players who are natural at linking attack and midfield through carrying the ball or aggressive passing.

At this stage I’m praying the loan is almost a freebie because he doesn’t really solve our problems. If we can beef up midfield I’m all for it as he will get us goals but if this is our one creative midfield signing we’re in serious trouble.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Coutinho with a 30 yd screamer to make it 5-1 af Anfield. Give him the #10.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
To be fair how many times has Arteta actually played Saka at LW? Can only think of the Sheff United cup game. Coutinho will probably be the LW signing that has been talked about.

Coutinho isnt a left winger. Hes much better central. 4 2 3 1 him in the middle of the 3 with Pepe one side, Saka other.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
For me what I don’t get about this signing is despite his xA numbers is that he’s not a creative attacking midfielder. He fits more naturally in a counter attacking team.

The problem we have right now is that our front line is completely separated from our midfield.

A Pepe/Lacazette/Auba frontline offers nothing in terms of buildup and because we only have sitting midfielders we can’t advance the ball.

Coutinho if he comes wouldn’t solve that, he likes to stay high up the pitch and his strongest skill is shooting.

Zaha, Grealish, Partey, Buendia and Benrahma are all very different types of players but the numbers show they’re great possession players who are natural at linking attack and midfield through carrying the ball or aggressive passing.

At this stage I’m praying the loan is almost a freebie because he doesn’t really solve our problems. If we can beef up midfield I’m all for it as he will get us goals but if this is our one creative midfield signing we’re in serious trouble.

Ornstein keeps saying we want another wide player so maybe they’ve got him starting on the left. I just worry our midfield additions are Partey and loaning Ceballos again. I don’t think that helps with the problems you laid out.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Where's the next Ronaldinho at, or was he just a total one-off? That boy broke through over 20 years ago and still there's been no one like him.

Shalmaneser V

Think the vision here in improving our defense and midfield if we signing Coutinho on loan extending Ceballos loan meaning we are targeting better players for CB position and hopefully we get Partey deal over the line. Even if you get Coutinho on loan i won't rule out signing guy like Buendia for 15m don't forget we having Smith-Rowe who coming back from good loan so the creativity will be improved.

I hope I’m wrong but I think the Buendia ship will have sailed if we complete the Coutinho deal. I can see maybe one more defensive midfielder added. Someone in the Partey/Danilo/Roca/Sangare mould.

We’ll most likely add another central defender, a winger and depending on departures, Aubameyang and/or Lacazette, one more striker.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
i do get the point gary deep is making about some sketchy transfers we made

but come on ffs live a little

Cou could be a brilliant signing for us

Adds that creative spark players like Pepe and Auba will thrive off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom