• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Needs to get a bit stronger and quicker. He has very potential to be a solid player for us for years to come, if we end up buying him. Think he should take the Xhaka role, get Partey and another attacking midfielder and we could be great next season. Xhaka should be a squad option at this point cause his ceiling is not high.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He really won me over this season - he was part of the malaise in the early part of the season but Arteta has really brought his potential out. Been one of our better performers since the restart. I still think ultimately him and Xhaka as a midfield pairing doesn't have much longevity in terms of effectiveness but he's been one of our best players and I'd argue he was MOTM today.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The turn around in Ceballos proves why the most important person at a football club is the manager/coach.

His potential was always there but the manager extracts that potential and with it comes performances, consistent performances. The stats show what the eye sees.

Arteta has made Ceballos realise that potential at a high level and hopefully Ceballos recognises that also and decides Arteta can and will get the best from him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I understand his tore between Real betis (his boyhood club) and us but if he want a chance to be in euros next year6he should stay here he is automatic starter even of we buy Coutinho and Partey.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He has come on in spades since the restart. The good elements were there but he can execute them quicker snd minute by minute. Auba gets MOTM but Ceballos made us tick.

Godwin1

Very well-known
He really won me over this season - he was part of the malaise in the early part of the season but Arteta has really brought his potential out. Been one of our better performers since the restart. I still think ultimately him and Xhaka as a midfield pairing doesn't have much longevity in terms of effectiveness but he's been one of our best players and I'd argue he was MOTM today.
For me he was man of the match as well, it's so pleasing to have a midfielder who can turn and drive forward while picking out a pass. When you say they don't have longevity as a partnership do you mean cracks will show over the course of a season and one of them isn't up to it in the long term?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
For me he was man of the match as well, it's so pleasing to have a midfielder who can turn and drive forward while picking out a pass. When you say they don't have longevity as a partnership do you mean cracks will show over the course of a season and one of them isn't up to it in the long term?
Bit more nuanced than that - neither Xhaka or Ceballos are particularly bad players but I think it's a limited partnership that would definitely get exploited over the course of a season - both kinda do the same stuff and if the team want to go up a level, having both in the team is a little redundant. It's almost similar to the Cazorla-Coquelin problem where having a player who could do elements of both players would have been more beneficial than having both of them in the team - the difference is that while Coquelin and Cazorla were fundamentally different players, Xhaka and Ceballos are far more similar than they are different. Having a back 3 has definitely mitigated their weaknesses to a certain extent but I think our midfield would have an extra dimension if we had a little bit more dynamism and pace, and just one of Ceballos and Xhaka rather than having both of them. Perhaps it would work if it was in a 3 but given the issues we have surrounding creativity at the moment that seems like a difficult situation to navigate for Arteta and the team.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Credit to Dani. One of our top performers lately and I’d argue he was the best player today. Really like that he is taking more and more responsibility in buildup and most important progressing the ball. You can just see how full of confidence he is but I think he has a level or two more in him. Really hope wecan keep him!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
The thing I like about him is that he has a desire to win. You can see it. He's got a taste for a bit of ****housery and you need guys like that in the squad who have that on top of ability. I actually think that with a proper CB partner for Saliba and a guy like Partey as the 3rd man in midfield he and Xhaka could go to another in terms of their influence on our attack.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Be interesting to see where he plays if we get Partey. You’d imagine Arteta might try and push him a bit further up the pitch.
Why would you push him further up the pitch when he’s doing so well in his current position? He’s just come out and said that he’s at his best when he’s playing deeper and feeding the attacking midfielder. Arteta has said that he’s not an AM as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom