• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
It would be a miserable 4-3-3 if we play those 3 in midfield. Doesn't solve our lack of creativity one bit.

I think you'll be surprised. As a deep lying midfield two, they're not involved so much in the advanced creative side of the game. In a dynamic midfield three, things can change completely.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Anyone still think we can’t make the CL with him?
Xhaka is and always has been a good player, if we’re going for titles or the CL then we can talk about replacing him.
No, I still don't see us getting CL with him as a starter. As a squad player? 100%. There is no magical CM who you can pair him with and completely remove his flaws but with less game time and less dependency on him we'll be fine.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
No, I still don't see us getting CL with him as a starter. As a squad player? 100%. There is no magical CM who you can pair him with and completely remove his flaws but with less game time and less dependency on him we'll be fine.

I don't see how people don't get it. Ever since that summer of Xhaka, Mustafi and the other Spanish forward, we have been going downhill. Xhaka is not a bad player, but his ceiling is not high even when he is playing at his best. He doesn't elevate the team to another level the way Fabregas could. Those are the sort of midfielders you build around and try to cover their weaknesses. Cause their strengths make the team contenders.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Learn to love Xhaka. He’s an important player to any team in the world. Realise that football is about a lot more than end product. Xhaka is one of the best players in his position.
No, only to Hertha Berlin. And he wasn’t overly important to them either!

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Learn to love Xhaka. He's an important player to any team in the world. Realise that football is about a lot more than end product. Xhaka is one of the best players in his position.

Learn to love an average player when there are much better out there? Even Arteta was better than Xhaka before age and attrition caught on. And Arteta wasn't even a holding mid before his time here.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He’s fine when our approach is defending deep, retaining shape and hitting teams on the break. We desperately need a better athlete or a 3rd CM though if we want to play more football in the opposition half without being ****ed on the break ourselves.

The latter means we’d also have to upgrade our CBs so we can get away with playing just 2.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
The same people consistently ****ting on Xhaka amd acting as if he’s gonna be replaced any second now.:rofl:

Meanwhile we have a manager that praises him more than any other so far and even wanted him at Man City while he was there.:facepalm:

Hate to break it to you guys, but Xhaka will still be played regulary (if less) next season. :rolleyes:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
The same people consistently ****ting on Xhaka amd acting as if he’s gonna be replaced any second now.:rofl:

Meanwhile we have a manager that praises him more than any other so far and even wanted him at Man City while he was there.:facepalm:

Hate to break it to you guys, but Xhaka will still be played regulary (if less) next season. :rolleyes:
And he was available during the transfer window while nobody gave a ****. Oh yes. The great Hertha Berlin wanted him.

Taneruit

Established Member

And he was available during the transfer window while nobody gave a ****. Oh yes. The great Hertha Berlin wanted him.

Apart from the ridiculousness of bringing our last transfer window up in relation to this it's not even a true statement.

Because there was a certain individual that wanted Xhaka too instead of just Hertha Berlin. An individual that allocated a lot of his time to change someones mind while having a very stressful period to begin with.

Now who cold that be? :lol:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Apart from the ridiculousness of bringing our last transfer window up in relation to this it's not even a true statement.

Because there was a certain individual that wanted Xhaka too instead of just Hertha Berlin. An individual that allocated a lot of his time to change someones mind while having a very stressful period to begin with.

Now who cold that be? :lol:
Not even close to the ridiculousness of bringing in a manager's press meet words into this. Arteta is not a Mourinho.

Shalmaneser V

I’m one of his biggest critics but it has to be said since Arteta took over Xhaka has been performing consistently well. Credit to him.

Taneruit

Established Member

Not even close to the ridiculousness of bringing in a manager's press meet words into this.

Wait what?

Arteta's own words and actions are *ridiculous* to bring up? So, I guess Xhaka's lying too when he talks about that time.

"When Mikel arrived, I had a very good meeting with him, very good conversations," he said.

"Mikel was the guy. He turned me around and gave me a second chance, and he showed me he trusted me and I have tried to give him everything back."

And Arteta's words about Auba now don't count for anything either by that logic, right?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I am very happy with how he turned it around and he has been very important post restart. In all our big games where we played a deep block he's been solid defensively and has shown great spirit.

Still, I would sell him this summer if possible for several reasons. First, I don't want to continue the partnership of Ceballos & Xhaka due to their lack of mobility and creativity. Second, Ceballos on loan and selling Xhaka would open up funds to strengthen significantly in different areas. Third, in order to go back to the top and become that beautiful technical side Arsenal is known to be, we need to upgrade our midfield to players that can play out from under pressure. Fourth, I'm still a bit scarred by all the mistakes he's made. Fifth, his revival will up his fee and I think he wouldn't do as well in a 4-3-3

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Wait what?

Arteta's own words and actions are *ridiculous* to bring up? So, I guess Xhaka's lying too when he talks about that time.

And Arteta's words about Auba now don't count for anything either by that logic, right?
If you are talking about Arteta's words in press conferences, he talks good about every player.
If you are talking about his conversation with Xhaka, we don't have options in midfield and he obviously had to encourage Xhaka to step up. Xhaka did play decently after arrival of Arteta. No one denies that. The fact that we are going for Partey shows that our management knows the midfield is weak. If we want to compete as a club, we have to move on from Xhaka. If we are happy to be a mid-table club, sticking with Xhaka makes sense.

Manberg

Predator
Xhaka plays a highly tactical role and does it very well. He does not need replacing. If we sell him we’d need someone similar like Jorginho to make up for it. Xhaka had the beating of Jorginho on Saturday.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
On his meltdown day, I have never been more certain of any fact in the history of the universe that this man was finished at this club.

Well.....that’s me learned. Great effort on Saturday, brings a tear to the eye!

Vanpayslip

People that say sell him and replace him aren’t really be realistic. He isn’t worth much for obvious reasons and his replacement would cost a lot more than Arsenal would get for him and I doubt those funds would even be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom