• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,542

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Yeah, not like they know their own player. I don’t want to listen to AM, this forum told me Cech and Luiz are GREAT signings when I could clearly see they were absolute ****.
If it wasn’t for Luiz we would never have won the FA-Cup.

blrgooner

Established Member
This would be an interesting signing. Definitely not an exciting signing but quite a solid one. If we can get him and Coutinho and top class CM like Partey along with a CB though, It would be great business IMO.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Cedric, Luiz, Willian.

Are these the right profile of players needed at the club? I'm still finding it hard to understand how an entire club is getting fleeced by an agent.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Tired of moaning and complaining tbh. I’ll be checking out if we get Willian.

My shoulder is getting better so I’ll invest more time into my gym life I guess.

Might watch highlights.

FinnGooner

Established Member
In the end this all depends on what else we do in this window. At this point, I really can't see the point behind this deal but if signing Willian enables us to bring in Partey and a top CB then fine. But giving a 32 year old decent PL player a 3-year contract with hefty wages sounds stupid for a club in need for a serious rebuild with long-term focus

Elwood

Can guarantee to you we'll all be on this forum (maybe I'll get a life between now and then? Nah who am I kidding....) in a couple years time regretting it, talking about the need to shift him but no one will sign him. Can guarantee it.
Bold prediction, given how we've never ever been in such a situation :rolleyes:

teamsoutheast

Look how bad those comments are, Chelsea fans generally want to see the back of him.

Also, a wide feeling he plays for a contract and then massively falls off.

Don’t know why some on AM constantly make out we’re signing a top player, we’re clearly not.

If it's to assist with the development of Saka and provide quality, experience, winning mentality and a decorated professional
Nobody has anything against agents, just poor players. Cedric Soares on a 4 year deal is highly questionable.

Don’t forget Kia Joorabchian is also a criminal.

Criminal? In what prison did he serve any sentence and when? Joorabchian has strong links to the club through David Dein and is close with Edu. Having relationships within the football network is good IMO. This is standard business networking. Cedric is decent quality cover for the RB position cos Ainsley was moaning.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
really want to know if Arteta does really want Willian signing because all media saying he have final say in transfers.

I suspect he does. He can play in numerous different positions in different styles which must appeal to Arteta.
It seem's Willian is a 'managers dream' type of player. He's played week in week for Mourinho/Conte/Sarri/Lampard.

Arteta's also mentioned the need for players that have produced in the Premier league/Internationally, so obviously Willian fits the bill.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
If it's to assist with the development of Saka and provide quality, experience, winning mentality and a decorated professional

Criminal? In what prison did he serve any sentence and when? Joorabchian has strong links to the club through David Dein and is close with Edu. Having relationships within the football network is good IMO. This is standard business networking. Cedric is decent quality cover for the RB position cos Ainsley was moaning.

There's football networks, and then there's Kia. Can't believe we still have people defending this snake.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I'm not opposed to signing Willian, in fact I think he'd be pretty good for us. Different case from the likes of David Luiz, Willian isn't really a reject. Gives us experience and versatility in the wing rotation to go alongside our youngsters.

It's the length of the deal and the general suspicion regarding the Kia connection that leaves a bitter taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom