• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingofthebongo

Signing Sangaré would be shrewd business, which is why we probably won't do it.

Amadou Diawara and Danilo Pereira have been mentioned as Partey alternatives. Both are proper holding midfielders, so if there's any legitimacy to those rumours we'll probably go that route if Partey pursuit proves unsuccessful. Looking at a double pivot with Partey or a single pivot with a new DM.

I think you keep Torreira if those are the alternatives to Partey.
I would guess that Torreira would play at a similar or better level than them in the Serie A, Ligue 1, and the Portuguese league.

I am not convinced by the technical level of those options.

Token Yank

That's when we started conceding 5 goals against big teams on a regular basis. He can't have been that good.
He didn't have any legs left. He couldn't cover any ground towards the end of his Arsenal career. And he wasn't overly athletic to begin with. This squad has been desperate for some athleticism since Coq left. Partey is a monster with technical ability. Absolutely dominated Liverpool at Anfield this year. #1 on my wish list.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

We haven't heard any news for a bit but you'd like to think that no news is good news, haven't heard anything about him signing a new contract with them.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Haven't heard any alternative signing options either, also good news. When Atletico go out of the CL I think this will accelerate. Is their QF vs Leipzig one leg?
Didn't think about that either actually, even better news. Mind you I've actually seen news about an alternative from Roma though?

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
all these rumours seem to be about Africans - I'm beginning to hope AFCon is cancelled next year

Token Yank

Wondering if there isn’t much noise because the CL is still ongoing
This is my thinking. They have a legit chance to win the thing. Especially with the new format. I don't blame him for wanting to focus solely on CL. Shows good character as well.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Fabrizio giving a very good interview on transfers. Said that Pjanic said yes to Barcelona in April but it took the clubs 3 months to strike a deal.

Think its similar with Partey, he's said yes but it'll happen after CL.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Wondering if there isn’t much noise because the CL is still ongoing

It has to be. Wasnt it said somewhere that Partey wants to focus on CL? It will be the same with all players still involved if they are starting players. Willian didnt start FA Cup and I doubt he'll play in CL so he's an exception.

Finesse

He didn't have any legs left. He couldn't cover any ground towards the end of his Arsenal career. And he wasn't overly athletic to begin with. This squad has been desperate for some athleticism since Coq left. Partey is a monster with technical ability. Absolutely dominated Liverpool at Anfield this year. #1 on my wish list.

Exactly. This is what Liverpool can do week in week out. The prime quality is pace , speed and athleticism to dominate a midfield , close down players , make the basic passes and release their front 3. Technical ability is second. Our midfield duo of Xhaka and Ceballos have a decent technical ability but not enough athleticism to dominate , close down opponents and protect the back 4. Partey offers that and has a great tactical advantage haven played under Simeone for these years. At Anfield in the CL he dominated the Liverpool midfield. Pure power and athleticism!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom