• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Always Crying
Amy Lawrence: When Özil was left out of the team (fitness/commitment related), Arteta was hoping for a positive reaction. Arteta has been consistent in his non-negotiables and expectations. He has made it clear when he didn’t get the response he wanted.

What a man Arteta is, can spot frauds from mile away.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Amy Lawrence: When Özil was left out of the team (fitness/commitment related), Arteta was hoping for a positive reaction. Arteta has been consistent in his non-negotiables and expectations. He has made it clear when he didn’t get the response he wanted.

What a man Arteta is, can spot frauds from mile away.
When Arteta came in, he dropped Ceballos. At a point, he even dropped AMN. But guess what? The both responded well and worked hard to get their place back.

But Özil is a special case. As per his acolytes, he should be treated with care and mikel should lick his arse just like Wenger used to do.

But Özil is gonna learn that a new Sheriff's in town.

Elwood

Pathetic that some 'fans' care more about this massive bum than the club.
Dude your posts are like 20% of the thread. Clearly you care about him a lot.
Had a read through the last pages, you guys are embarrassing. He's done, it's over, it's OK, forget him and move on.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Well it's not hard to figure out but ok let me think for you. A footballer who isn't mentally checked out would probably want to leave and play football rather than not get picked and post on twitter after every game.

Nah.. a fan who after a cup win keeps ****ting rants is the likelier candidate

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Can people attacking other posters for commenting in this thread get a ****ing life or something? I mean, coming here just to tell others to move on etc? The irony... :facepalm:

A poll has been added which has encouraged discussion, and now we have bits from The Athletic provoking more discussion... Thats how it works. If it hurts you, withdraw.

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Dude your posts are like 20% of the thread. Clearly you care about him a lot.
Had a read through the last pages, you guys are embarrassing. He's done, it's over, it's OK, forget him and move on.

It’s not over though is it, it’s in the press every day and everyone is talking about it and we’re p1ssing 1.5 million away every month which you suspect could be put to better use instead of:

burning-money-gif-9.gif

Elwood

It’s not over though is it, it’s in the press every day and everyone is talking about it and we’re p1ssing 1.5 million away every month which you suspect could be put to better use instead of:

burning-money-gif-9.gif
Yeah, sure, I'm saying him playing here is over, so all the posts about him being good or not in the past are pointless.
As for the money thing, it's up to the big **** guys to sort it out and find a solution. I'm not blaming Özil for not returning promised money, as I wouldn't expect it from anyone else.
It's a ****ty situation, but some of the posts on here are just too embarrassing, so I had to kinda chime in.

say yes

forum master baiter
Genuinely find it extraordinary how many think Arteta’s hands are tied on this.

How many times does Arteta need to mention his non-negotiables before people get it? Mesut’s a mentally-retired bum, who doesn’t have a tenth of the commitment required to play for this great club.

Stop crying for a footballer who doesn’t care that you exist.

Elwood

Can people attacking other posters for commenting in this thread get a ****ing life or something? I mean, coming here just to tell others to move on etc? The irony... :facepalm:

A poll has been added which has encouraged discussion, and now we have bits from The Athletic provoking more discussion... Thats how it works. If it hurts you, withdraw.
How is it ironic? You guys are posting the same stuff over and over, the guy's not even in the country.
Yeah it'd be better if the money was spent elsewhere, but you have guys rewriting history over it, like it changes anything.
I get the criticism for the guy, it's just that the last couple of pages are just ridiculous.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
How long did you spend imagining and then arriving at that conclusion?

Do you genuinely have no positive feelings towards Özil? His tenure here hasn't always been incredible but overall he's surely a modern day club legend.
An important part of this is maintaining a throughline of Arsenal experience and history. In the last 3 seasons we lost; Koscielny, Per, Cazorla, Wilshere, Nacho, Ramsey, Giroud. Our players with experience and leadership have been so poor we resorted to poaching Chelsea's.

Those guys formed an essential part of our spine over the last few years. Imo we lost all of them too soon. A club should never be in a position where a back up keeper and a fruity fullback are its longest serving players.
Whether you like Özil or not he's the key figure of the Emirates era, he deserves a statue outside Emirates imo.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Whether you like Özil or not he's the key figure of the Emirates era, he deserves a statue outside Emirates imo.
:lol:

The club was correct in letting all those man go tbh. Only one where we were hasty was Cazorla, but he got way more games in Spain than he would have got here with us in this demanding league and he definitely deserves to play.

Ramsey is not a 300k+ player as much as I liked him.
Koscielny literally went on strike so nothing you can do about that.
Nacho was a loss but we have Tierney and Saka.
Wilshere can barely string 2 games together.
Giroud was rubbish.

Moaning about nothing really. The statue comment is trolling and trying to get a reaction. On closer inspection, this is a troll account probably from an existing member.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
How is it ironic? You guys are posting the same stuff over and over, the guy's not even in the country.
Apologies, I misread rule #32 in section 12 of the Özil Postings... I had no idea he had to be ‘within 400 miles of Highgate tube station between the months of August and May’ before anything can be posted on an Arsenal forum in his thread. I assume you’ve given Amy Lawrence the rundown and look forward to the the resumption once he touches back down in England.

Elwood

Apologies, I misread rule #32 in section 12 of the Özil Postings... I had no idea he had to be ‘within 400 miles of Highgate tube station between the months of August and May’ before anything can be posted on an Arsenal forum in his thread. I assume you’ve given Amy Lawrence the rundown and look forward to the the resumption once he touches back down in England.
I figured out why I was triggered. It's the "if you defend Özil your his and not the clubs fan" kind of post I've seen. Otherwise you guys are absolutely correct about the situation.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I figured out why I was triggered. It's the "if you defend Özil your his and not the clubs fan" kind of post I've seen. Otherwise you guys are absolutely correct about the situation.
It’s only really half a discussion! Just shooting the breeze really.

I don’t actually think he’s under that much of an attack tbh—but if he is and the stuff coming from yet another good source in The Athletic is true about his lack of application, then as an Arsenal fan, I’d say it’s warranted. The players are also split on him as well so it’s not really looking good if we’re trying to paint a good picture of Özil as a professional footballer playing for Arsenal.

Elwood

Seeing the Willian/Coutinho rumours, it's interesting that we might have two new similar players to Özil, and I'm looking forward to future comparisons if one or both come in.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Seeing the Willian/Coutinho rumours, it's interesting that we might have two new similar players to Özil, and I'm looking forward to future comparisons if one or both come in.
They are a lot better than Özil.
Özil does not involve in the build up phase. He waits for the midfielders to creating for him, he waits for the midfield to progress the ball up, he does not involve in the midfield overload. He waits for the supply for him, so he can provide the final pass. He himself is not the creative supplier like Cazorla or most other #10 in the world. Özil has no skills on the ball. He is just a off the ball final third player, who is only great at making the final pass.

Willian and Coutinho are heavily involved in build up play, always make available for their teammates. That is that exact opposite of what Özil is. They can dribble past players for fun, they can control the ball in tight space without losing possession. Özil can’t even dream of doing this.

Willian and Coutinho are exactly the type of players that we need (I’m just saying this in terms of playing style, I would like them at a younger age at their prime).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom