• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Imagine if Özil is sick or something, lot of posters on here will feel terrible...and they should.
If he was sick the club would've released a statement on it

roz

Fake News Merchant
Maybe his wifey ordered him to play less fortnite as a result of his incoming child which in turn has led to depression.

No one has said isn’t true so it could be?!

Pure speculation at this point

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
No reason we can't pay Özil off using the players wage cut especially now we're saving all the money from 55 redundancies.

It would take 500 London weekly wages to pay one week of Özil wages. Not entirely convinced that the 55 redundancies have much of an impact in this scenario, a drop in the ocean as they say.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah I wouldn’t say those redundancies are a result of penny pinching tbh.

On closer inspection it’s more of a restructuring ting that KIA kindly informed us of a while ago in his interview with Sky Sports. It’s bait when you really scrutinise who’s actually been let go.

"The situation from Arsenal's point of view will be resolved this week," Kia Joorabchian told TalkSPORT. "Not just David Luiz's situation. There are several issues within the whole structure that will be resolved.

https://tribuna.com/en/arsenal/news...bchian-provides-update-on-david-luizs-future/

Last edited:

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Isn't that enough?
Many top players in the past have not been great in training, but deliver on the pitch. Özil used to be one of them.

Usually when a player isn't training well enough and that's all thats going on, they get called out for it. Arteta has done that this season with others.

I've no doubt its a factor, as is the tactical shift, but it always seems like there are multiple strands to this story.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Özil has not been good enough and whilst signing him was definitely a win, renewing his contract was a mistake that half of us didn’t see coming.

I can’t even see what’s to debate or why his defenders beat around the bush with this or come up with the most excuses it’s all crap.

A player of his quality you shoe horn him in regardless of tactical era he’s just decided to call it quits. The team was his team as long as he wanted it.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
just out of interest, does a player have the right to prevent his club revealing an illness, be it physical or mental?

sdotzdot

Established Member
Or perhaps they don't accept conspiracy theory as fact without a smidgen of evidence. Correlation doesn't equal causation, no matter how much it suits your stance.
This thread is an interesting reflection of the way the world currently is.

Ignore all the facts or evidence that point to the most probable explanation, and make up your own theories with little to no evidence and absolutely believe that is gospel.

Guess all I ever needed was to have an active twitter account.

Reactions: roz

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It would take 500 London weekly wages to pay one week of Özil wages. Not entirely convinced that the 55 redundancies have much of an impact in this scenario, a drop in the ocean as they say.
Doesn't work this way.

He takes the wages but he brings you commercial money, prestige and performance (when playing). Also brings a media circus, whether he plays or not.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Doesn't work this way.

He takes the wages but he brings you commercial money, prestige and performance (when playing). Also brings a media circus, whether he plays or not.

[prestige + performance] from Özil....putting through my calculator....hold on...got a figure...double-checking

tenor.gif

MikeVinna

Established Member
I believe there’s something going on physically or mentally with Mesut. All his absences over the years just don’t add up for me. With Wenger it was illness and now it’s back issues.

Club would have released a statement if it truly was the players own fault that he wasnt selected. Also, Mikel dancing around the Özil/injury questions speaks volumes.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
All his absences over the years just don’t add up for me. With Wenger it was illness and now it’s back issues.
Notice how those mysterious illness all started under Wenger immediately after he signed his contract.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Well in Crossy lad. Asking the difficult questions.

Makes you wonder.
Errr Bale wants to play :lol:

Even tried to move.

Not the same case with Özil, he could be captain if he wanted. He doesn’t.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Notice how those mysterious illness all started under Wenger immediately after he signed his contract.
perhaps the realization he had just committed himself to another 3 years at Arsenal sent him into an instant depression;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom