• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

WTF has Bale got to do with anything? Why should we be comparing him to Bale anyway? Nobody here gives a toss about Bale and what he chooses to do or not do. We're mostly Arsenal fans... :lol:

Just wanted to stir the pot tbf. Don’t even care either way.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Well in Crossy lad. Asking the difficult questions.

Makes you wonder.
No one is sympathetic to Bale. At least I know I'm not.
This discourse is about Özil. Bale can do one for all i care.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's the same with people comparing the situation with that of Sokratis, who was actually in the stadium and even played some football for us in the FA Cup final, as opposed to being in another country... "Are people going to say the same about him when he doesn't play next year and takes his wages..."

This thread is making absolute lunatics of people :rofl:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Just wanted to stir the pot tbf. Don’t even care either way.
A Crossy tweet...I should have figured, it's just that this 'Bale' defence of Özil reminds me of a time I see this drunk bloke about to be set upon by three yoots, and he picked up a small traffic cone and acted like he'd sourced a proper tool... The rest, and his face, is history.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It's the same with people comparing the situation with that of Sokratis, who was actually in the stadium and even played some football for us in the FA Cup final, as opposed to being in another country... "Are people going to say the same about him when he doesn't play next year and takes his wages..."

This thread is making absolute lunatics of people :rofl:

He was in another country because his wife gave birth for the first time. Like Pepe, he was given time off by the club.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Tell the full story though? He was getting nearly 1M a week to move, a massive pay rise. I’m sure Özil will move for a pay rise.

Sitting on the bench or not, Bale refused to travel for a massive CL game too. Not really accurate with your info.
How are those details relevant? Add them, makes Özil look worse.

Someone is willing to pay Bales salary still and even increase it. Not the same situation as Özil, we literally can’t pay someone to take him.

Bale hasn’t been playing all season, often an unused sub and he’s resorted to making jokes on the bench. What makes you think Zidane is gonna give him a run out in one of Madrid’s most important games? Why is it you only wanna believe Zidane’s side? Has Bale said he doesn’t want to play?

GDeep™

League is very weak
How are those details relevant? Add them, makes Özil look worse.

Someone is willing to pay Bales salary still and even increase it. Not the same situation as Özil.

Bale hasn’t been playing all season and he’s resorted to making jokes on the bench. What makes you think Zidane is gonna give him a run out in one of Madrid’s most important games? Why is it you only wanna believe Zidane’s side?
Don’t think Zidane has a reason to lie after a whole season where he’s picked and dropped the player. Bale can deny it too.

The wage is relevant, of course, no player is leaving for a pay cut. Bale is sitting tight now the China adventure is not there anymore, he could get an English club if he wanted but won’t take a pay cut.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He was in another country because his wife gave birth for the first time. Like Pepe, he was given time off by the club.
The point I'm making is one wasn't even in the same country (doesn't matter the reason, as he wouldn't have been in the squad anyway and we all know that) as the other, who was not only in the squad, but played. So how can the two situations be compared at such an early stage with respect to Sokratis? It's just a crazy reach.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No thanks.

I'll believe Marca

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/10/28/5db76e70ca4741dc098b45c8.html
Even if you were right, it means that Bale is good enough that someone is willing to meet his wage demand. Meanwhile Özil can't even get someone that will pay him half his wage

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
the world needs a next muslim monster ...and Erdogan has been picked for the role, despite bonesaw salman furiously waving his hand at the back.

Özil takes money from MAGA Walmart but didnt play along with the demonization. They then tried to get him to backtrack, but he didnt. They tried to pile the pressure on by unleashing the trolls and tabloids ..but still he didnt backtrack. They tried to ease him out but he refused to budge. Arteta played him and he became undroppable. Covid came as a welcome break for the haters, and they used a ****ty wage cut excuse to unleash the trolls and tabloids on him and still he didnt backtrack.

He has been called lazy, indisciplined, anachronism, greedy, video game addict, cowardly, has-been, talentless etc for 386 pages just here. Still he wont backtrack. He saw out Emery and will see out Edu and Raul too.

Erdogan is in media because hes in Turkey which was seen as a moderate state that would progress to more a more liberal state and eventually the EU. Instead Erdogan sh*t all over Ataturks ideas and put Turkey back over a hundred years and is busy destroying any semblance of democracy. Thats why nobody likes Erdogan.... also bombing of Syrians and people of other religions (other muslim persuasions that is) and nationalties who generally will fight against lovely groups like ISIS.

Arteta played him hoping ti would reignite some form... it didnt happen and Arteta saw the light that seeing as were playing with one man less in attack we might as well just play with an extra man in defence.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
So let me get this straight, Arteta is refusing to play him him because of the anti-erdogan campaign?

Sounds like you were even defending Erdogan in your post.
The funny part is you can't even spot the irony in your post (or you chose not to). You calling those criticizing Özil trolls is a bit rich, don't you think?

Let me know when u finally get it straight

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Erdogan is in media because hes in Turkey which was seen as a moderate state that would progress to more a more liberal state and eventually the EU. Instead Erdogan sh*t all over Ataturks ideas and put Turkey back over a hundred years and is busy destroying any semblance of democracy. Thats why nobody likes Erdogan.... also bombing of Syrians and people of other religions (other muslim persuasions that is) and nationalties who generally will fight against lovely groups like ISIS.

Arteta played him hoping ti would reignite some form... it didnt happen and Arteta saw the light that seeing as were playing with one man less in attack we might as well just play with an extra man in defence.

Obama killed hundred times more people. Arteta saw the light during the covid break eh? Sometimes parrotting tired nonsense isn't necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom