• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães

Do you think Gabriel will end up signing for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

benjamin86

Established Member
According to Utd sources there is no interest from them and Lille are maybe mentioning their name to increase the price.

Utd would’ve signed him if they wanted, 30M is peanuts to them, and they’re in the CL.
Reports i read today said Sancho will be their only major signing.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Looks good if a bit raw and about 70% legs. If we want to play a high line we badly need speed though and he seems to have it in spades.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Transfers don’t happen overnight. Clubs need to agree fee, structure of the fee, structure of the addons. People expect an update every 24 hours these days because of social media.
It’s actually a good thing when you get linked and then things go silent. Usually indicates that people are busy working on a deal.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
We have 7 CB's at the moment. Considering that Arteta is probably going to play mostly with a back 4 next season, how many do we need to get rid of if we want to bring in another?

Halcyon Daze

We have 7 CB's at the moment. Considering that Arteta is probably going to play mostly with a back 4 next season, how many do we need to get rid of if we want to bring in another?
He’ll mainly play a back 3 (at the minute). I see only Sokratis and Holding going. Mustafi injured and I think Arteta likes him at the minute, plus unless we get a big amount, Bellerin stays. Not believing AMN goes, that’s stupidity.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We have 6 CB's at the moment. Considering that Arteta is probably going to play mostly with a back 4 next season, how many do we need to get rid of if we want to bring in another?

Holding is probably a certainty to go and I reckon Chambers goes out on loan to put himself in the shop window. They’ll try to get rid of Sokratis as well but that will depend on him wanting to go. I think we go into next season with Saliba, Luiz, Gabriel, Mari and Mustafi (probably Sokratis as well). That’s still six but I don’t think they’ll take the approach of “we have 5 so can’t sign anymore” when the goal is to improve every area on the pitch.

Last edited:

Halcyon Daze

Holding is probably a certainty to go and I reckon Chambers goes out on loan to put himself in the shop window. They’ll try to get rid of Sokratis as well but that will depend on him wanting to go. I think we go into next season with Saliba, Luiz, Gabriel, Mari and Mustafi (probably Sokratis as well). That’s still six but I don’t think they’ll take the approach of “we have 6 so can’t sign anymore” when the goal is to improve every area on the pitch.
I’d pay for Sokratis to go back to AEK or somewhere to get that £100k p/w off the books.

If it was EasyJet, obviously.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
That’s still six but I don’t think they’ll take the approach of “we have 5 so can’t sign anymore” when the goal is to improve every area on the pitch.

If we were in healthier financial situation maybe, but right now with a tight budget I don't think they will have that mindset. Say we buy Gabriel and then fail to shift any defender (which is easily possible as the player has the last say whether they want to go or not, remember Mustafi last season's window). Then we end up with 7 CB's. That would be disastrous and would cripple us even more financially. I think we will try to shift some of our CB's or be very confident they're leaving before we make any movement for a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom