• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makavelii

Agree with Okapis. The usual suspects have such black and white thinking.

Torreira is a decent midfielder but not quite at the level we need to match Arteta’s current ambitions.
Let’s move him on and get someone top class.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
It's the usual suspects. About as much understanding of football as blocks of cheese. But that is what the internet is for, everyone can have a say. Feeling magnanimous following the FA Cup win I unignored a good half dozen of the AM trolls, but starting to doubt my wisdom...

To your point: Agree, Torreira is a fine player. As it hasn't worked out for him with us we can still shift him and hopefully for a not too large loss despite the COVID 19 problems.

I don't get it, the guy is poor in practically every game he has played for Arsenal, then you point he's been poor and that means you don't know anything about football? Thinking every player is amazing doesn't mean you have good football knowledge.

Enlighten me then, what is it that I'm not seeing?

BigPoppaPump

Why is he talking to the media about leaving every summer lol, we get it :lol:

I think it was a good signing though, just didn't work out, which can happen. Should be able to get our money back at least.

How is it a good signing if it didn't work out? Surely that means he's been a poor signing.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Forreal.

His b*tching is annoying though (I mean isn't this like the fourth time he's said something around leaving or some sh*t), and if he wants to leave THAT badly and we get a good offer then maybe we should consider it.

I'm still in the 'out' camp though for the reason above, he is never going to wake up one day and enjoy England, its just not going to happen so we might as well try to recoup as much as possible.

He joined Arsenal at the worst possible time, the atmosphere under Emery was the worst its ever been, no one was performing and it was hostile, mix that with being homesick and its never going to work out.

He will go back to Serie A where South Americans have a long history in the league, will enjoy his football/life and be one of the best DM's in the league in my opinion.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

How is it a good signing if it didn't work out? Surely that means he's been a poor signing.
Profile I guess, attributes he possesses, age etc

He was meant to be a Coquelin that could pass but the biggest oversight from whoever bought him is that he he’s not athletic. Xhaka’s partner had to be able to cover ground and that’s such an easy thing to scout. Horrible transfer business considering the squad’s needs.

Kysus

The Official British Midget Union reports that Torreira is in fact not actually a professional footballer and only signed for Arsenal FC so the club can hit the Midget Quota.Torreira did not really get a foothold in London's midget community as chewing gum is a habbit that is frowned upon in those circles, the Uruguayan is therefore looking to go back to Italy, a country where midgetry is the norm.
Wish the lad best of luck in his future endeavaors.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Yeah poorly worded. I mean all signings have the risk of not working out, but based on profile, age, position, price, how he was rated etc. the signing made sense at the time.

Like I think Xhaka and Mustafi were fair signings at the time too, mistake was still relying on them years after instead of just cutting our losses.. signings like Perez, Sokratis, Park, Lichsteiner, Cedric etc is what I see as poor signings as it's obvious they aren't good enough with no upside or resale value..

Makavelii

I don't get it, the guy is poor in practically every game he has played for Arsenal, then you point he's been poor and that means you don't know anything about football? Thinking every player is amazing doesn't mean you have good football knowledge.

Enlighten me then, what is it that I'm not seeing?

It’s just that you’re thinking in very black and white terms. And being super defensive.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Torreira always was not settled he seem always missing Italy he was very good first 6 month. We'll get what we payed from hom his wages aren't massive so that'll help.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
We'll know how the signing was depending on if we get our money back or not. If we do then it was a punt on a player with a large upside with no real impact on the club.

Makavelii

So you can’t actually explain it in none arbitrary ways?
Okay, I’ll explain in more detail.

A player seems to be all good or all worthless to you.
You don’t seem to see the grey areas. You won’t recognise that some players have strengths as well as weaknesses. To you, they’re just all top class or all garbage.

Re the defensiveness, it seems you care about being right in a discussion more than the content of it. I’ve never seen you concede a point and rethink an opinion for example.

Just my observations.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I'm still in the 'out' camp though for the reason above, he is never going to wake up one day and enjoy England, its just not going to happen so we might as well try to recoup as much as possible.

He joined Arsenal at the worst possible time, the atmosphere under Emery was the worst its ever been, no one was performing and it was hostile, mix that with being homesick and its never going to work out.

He will go back to Serie A where South Americans have a long history in the league, will enjoy his football/life and be one of the best DM's in the league in my opinion.

Yeah very good point and I do concede that if he won't ever settle down then it's better that we get a fee for him now (which should still be decent fee which is what I like about purchasing young(er) players).

BigPoppaPump

You don’t seem to see the grey areas. You won’t recognise that some players have strengths as well as weaknesses. To you, they’re just all top class or all garbage.

Re the defensiveness, it seems you care about being right in a discussion more than the content of it. I’ve never seen you concede a point and rethink an opinion for example.

Just my observations.

I’m talking about Torreira not me.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz

Just my observations.

100%

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Just my observations.

@GDeep™ @Makingtrax @14Henry

The ditsy squad need to read this tbh.

Token Yank

Cedric etc is what I see as poor signings as it's obvious they aren't good enough with no upside or resale value..
Can someone please explain to me why Cedric is considered such a poor signing? He has barely featured and he is a back-up RB with plenty of Premier League experience. He could very well be a poor signing, but I don't get slagging him off right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom