• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2019/20 Season Review

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Player of season: Auba, easy decision
Young player: Saka, such an exciting talent. Shout out to Martinelli as well for being 1 of few bright spots in the first half of the season.
Goal of season: Torn between willock at pool or Saka away at Frankfurt but will go for Saka since we won that game.
Signing of season: Tierney. Another easy decision.
Biggest disappointment: Guendouzi. Was looking forward to seeing him grow under Arteta and like a petulant child he's ruined it for himself.
Lowest point: 2-2 home game to Southampton. We got absolutely battered that day and I was actually ashamed we managed to sneak a draw, those were embarrassing times.
Most improved: Martinez. Amazing end to the season. So happy for him.
Best performance: City semi final. Team of warriors that day.
Favourite moment: Has to be Auba's final winner. Amazing end to a horrible season.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Player of season: Aubameyang for his 4 goals in our two most important matches.

Young player: Saka/Martinelli/AMN/ESR/Emi. All of our young guns have been good. Saka and Martinelli definitely.

Goal of season:
Aubameyang v/s Chelski

Signing of season: Tierney

Biggest disappointment:
Özil. What have they done to my favourite player???

Lowest point:
Whole season, literally.

Most improved:
AMN, Saka, Emi, Xhaka.

Best performance: none.

Favourite moment:
Arteta appointment, or more specifically, dismissal of Emery.

Reactions: A_G

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Player of The Season: Auba
Young Player of The Season: Saka
Goal of The Season: Auba's 2nd in the FA Cup final
Signing of The Season: Martinelli
Most Improved: Martinez
Biggest Disappointment (player): Özil
Lowest Point of The Season: losing to Olympiacos
Best Team Performance: FA cup semi final against Man City
Favourite Moment: this season is finally over

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Player of season: Auba, easy decision
Young player: Saka, such an exciting talent. Shout out to Martinelli as well for being 1 of few bright spots in the first half of the season.
Goal of season: Torn between willock at pool or Saka away at Frankfurt but will go for Saka since we won that game.
Signing of season: Tierney. Another easy decision.
Biggest disappointment: Guendouzi. Was looking forward to seeing him grow under Arteta and like a petulant child he's ruined it for himself.
Lowest point: 2-2 home game to Southampton. We got absolutely battered that day and I was actually ashamed we managed to sneak a draw, those were embarrassing times.
Most improved: Martinez. Amazing end to the season. So happy for him.
Best performance: City semi final. Team of warriors that day.
Favourite moment: Has to be Auba's final winner. Amazing end to a horrible season.

This except the goal for Martinelli against Chelsea as best goal.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Player of The Season: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Young Player of The Season: Bukayo Saka
Goal of The Season: Auba's FA cup winner
Signing of The Season: Kieran Tierney
Most Improved: Nketiah
Biggest Disappointment (player): Mustafi
Lowest Point of The Season: Starting the season with Emery as manager
Best Team Performance: 2-0 vs Manchester Utd (H)
Best Individual Performance: Maitland-Niles vs Manchester Utd (H)
Favourite Moment: Arteta hugging AMN

ChefMan21

Player of The Season: Auba
Young Player of The Season: Saka
Goal of The Season: Auba's FA cup winner
Signing of The Season: Tierney. Such a whole-hearted player.
Most Improved: Not sure. Tough season, two managers, lots of improvements but want to see how next season pans out...
Biggest Disappointment (player): Kos. Was genuinely stunned with the way he handled himself. Set the tone for the season; I don't think Emery recovered from that.
Lowest Point of The Season: Kos' ultimatum by media. I felt the season was over at that point. (Dis)honourable mention was the jersey reveal with Bordeaux.
Best Team Performance: FA Cup Final - we really needed that for the future of the club. (honourable mentions for the final Liverpool and Man City games - really gave us momentum)
Best Individual Performance: Arteta (but also the team in a lot of ways) for getting us back into Europe.
Favourite Moment: Martinez in tears - really nice moment.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Player of The Season: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Best striker in the league.
Young Player of The Season: Bukayo Saka. Delighted he’s our new no.7. This lad can be anything he wants to be.
Goal of The Season: Lacazette vs Spuds away.
Signing of The Season: Kieran Tierney. Future captain. So good and still so young. Honourable mention to Gabigol.
Most Improved: Has to be Emi Martinez. Came into the team when we were on the ground and his performances helped lift us.
Biggest Disappointment (player): Matteo Guendouzi. A huge fan of his and I feel as though Arteta could’ve done wonders for him. His failure to apologise looks to have cost him his career here.
Lowest Point of The Season: Loss at home to Olympiacos.
Best Team Performance: 2-0 Fa Cup semi-final win against Citeh. To a man we were excellent.
Best Individual Performance: Guendouzi at home to Spuds.
Favourite Moment: Auba's winner in the Final against Chelski. Unreal way to end a turbulent season.

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think the Watford game was worse. Watford at the time was the worse team in the PL. They were dominated and battered by Burnley a week before we played them. But after taking a 2-0 lead, we completely collapsed. They battered us for the whole of the second half

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Player of The Season: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Young Player of The Season: Bukayo Saka
Goal of The Season: Martinelli vs Chelsea
Signing of The Season: Tierney
Most Improved: Yeah I guess Martinez.
Biggest Disappointment (player): Nelson
Lowest Point of The Season: Chelsea at home purely because it was such an undeserved lost, the Emery stuff I was apathetic towards.
Best Team Performance: City in the Cup semi 100%
Best Individual Performance: A few to choose from, I'll say Luiz vs City purely because it was absolutely flawless and it was redemption for him.
Favourite Moment: FA Cup final obviously.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Think the Watford game was worse. Watford at the time was the worse team in the PL. They were dominated and battered by Burnley a week before we played them. But after taking a 2-0 lead, we completely collapsed. They battered us for the whole of the second half
Fair point but I felt the Saints game we were dominated from 1st minute. Watford game we were reasonably comfortable at 2-0 and totally collapsed. Saints game we could've easily been 3 or 4 down at half time and they missed a number of chances 2nd half as well.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20

Pathetic midfield this season.

Torreira probably biggest disappointment, I rated him. Didn't rate Laca who most picked.

For all the rest I agree with the OP.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Tierney is just popular but if we're being honest Ceballos was the signing of the season. Tierney was injured all season, would he have even played if it wasn't for the covid break?

I'd say Tierney is arguable the 4th best signing of the window behind Ceballos and Luiz. But I do think he edges out Martinelli so he's 3rd, but it's a toss up between the 2.

Top Bottom