• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

@Rex Banter triggering me once again - how can all the top clubs be seemingly so blind as to not be mad about signing Ben White.

The guy's as much of a certain bet as it gets, will probably even have a good resell value whilst costing not excessive amounts of money

Depends what we need I guess more. If the club desperately needs money it may be best to sell him for no player.

I’d rather do AMN plus cash for White instead of raising funds for Gabriel. Like you say there’s less risk if he struggles because you’re pretty much guaranteed a 20M resale at worst.

Less of an acclimatisation process as well.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Arteta seems to want to keep him going by reports but the board have overruled and said he must be sold if possible.

It looks like Arteta is going to face the same situation as Emery did. Him wanting one player and the board signing another.

That would be worrying if true.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
That would be worrying if true.

Its also worrying that the players were basically emotionally blackmailed into taking cuts on the basis of staff being kept on only for 55 staff plus scouts so probably 75 in total being released.

Amn is a brilliant squad player. One that every club needs.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Arteta wants to keep the player.

The board want to sell him.

Therefore the board are calling the shots.

Football is not an 11 player game.
There is also the players opinion. Arteta may want to keep for a specific role I.e. squad/utility player but AMN wants more. So whilst Arteta wants to keep him he will be willing to let him go if AMN isnt keen?

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
I think we do a great business if we get +20m for AMN. We should be ruthless with selling young players. We can always get better additions by selling them. We got KT for 25m and I think we can do the same thing to get a better RB.

Missing these chances can be very disappointing. We could simply get 50m for Wilshere and in the end he left for free. If he is so desperate to leave, let him go. He won't be a generational talent like Sancho.

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Depends what we need I guess more. If the club desperately needs money it may be best to sell him for no player.

I’d rather do AMN plus cash for White instead of raising funds for Gabriel. Like you say there’s less risk if he struggles because you’re pretty much guaranteed a 20M resale at worst.

Less of an acclimatisation process as well.

Yepp, that's what I'm thinking too.
Ben White should be target nr 1 if attainable first and Gabriel a very satisfying second option

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
There is also the players opinion. Arteta may want to keep for a specific role I.e. squad/utility player but AMN wants more. So whilst Arteta wants to keep him he will be willing to let him go if AMN isnt keen?

Yeah if the player openly says I want to leave then that's more or less that. However if the player wants to stay, Arteta wants him to stay but the board believe because he isnt a vital first team player he needs to be sold that's worrying.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The Board should resign and treat themselves to a magnum of cyanide.

If I was Arteta I'd send in my resignation too. You can't run a club properly if it's owned and staffed by ****.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Yeah if the player openly says I want to leave then that's more or less that. However if the player wants to stay, Arteta wants him to stay but the board believe because he isnt a vital first team player he needs to be sold that's worrying.
I don't think that's the case.

I think the board want to sell players I think Arteta wants AMN to stay as a squad player and AMN wants more. Arteta wont stand in the way of the player knowing he needs to sell and the player doesnt necessarily want to remain within those parameters. Nobody is too blame.

I'm sure, as one can be from a fair distance, if player and coach were happy with the status quo AMN would not be available.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I don't think that's the case.

I think the board want to sell players I think Arteta wants AMN to stay as a squad player and AMN wants more. Arteta wont stand in the way of the player knowing he needs to sell and the player doesnt necessarily want to remain within those parameters. Nobody is too blame.

I'm sure, as one can be from a fair distance, if player and coach were happy with the status quo AMN would not be available.

Who knows? Or the board believe that AMN is one of the few players who could get us a decent fee 20-25m or so.

Selling a young, yet experienced multi position English player is easy. And the board like easy. Shifting other players is much more difficult and they dont seem up to the job.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I understand you get a TD so you're not dependent on the wims of your manager, but there needs to be good cooperation. A manager should have a strong say in who he wants to keep in his squad. He should also outline where he needs improvements and then it's up to the technical staff to find options.

Going against the manager who wants to keep a player as an important part of his squad would be strange.

I disregarded AMN's perspective on this because I don't know it but I assume he and Arteta talk.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I understand you get a TD so you're not dependent on the wims of your manager, but there needs to be good cooperation. A manager should have a strong say in who he wants to keep in his squad. He should also outline where he needs improvements and then it's up to the technical staff to find options.

Going against the manager who wants to keep a player as an important part of his squad would be strange.

I disregarded AMN's perspective on this because I don't know it but I assume he and Arteta talk.
It's a catch-22 though because AMN's not exactly a starter. Would you consider him an indispensable member? I mean, I would of course (he'd be started either at RB or CM for me personally) but would Arteta? Even if he rates him, if keeping him isn't absolutely crucial, I don't think he'll be that upset to let him go. I'm sure at this conjecture, none of the parties involved are completely against him leaving.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I've just watched Alaba at CB for Bayern. A player like AMN is so useful as he can do a job in multiple positions better than a lot of backups. At RB, I think his performances have eclipsed Bellerin's and Cedric's. He's better on the left than Kola and has matched Saka defensively in that position. He hasn't had a run at CM and we're so poor there, that it seems negligent not uo give him a chance there. Torreira and Guendouzi have gone. Ceballos deal not done. That leaves Xhaka! We should clear the real unwanted like Elneny first and see what we have left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom