• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
AMN is definitely up for sale, but him and Bellerin are the two that we are probably the least likely to sell. We need to sell about four players this summer and almost anyone who isn't a guaranteed starter will be for sale if a good offer comes in.

Torreira and Douzi are probably leaving, and same with Holding and Sokratis. Those four might bring in enough income to balance the books. Kolasinac and Mustafi are also up for sale, but I think it is more likely that they leave during the January transfer window if they aren't getting much playing time. Laca might leave too.

Also, a lot will depend on the transfer deals we strike. Willian on a free is good business. Gabriel looks like a good price. Partey looks to be the most expensive, and I wouldn't be surprised if Torreira and/or Douzi leave before Partey arrives.

Basically, if we sell other players that are more surplus to requirements I wouldn't be surprised if AMN stays.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
AMN is definitely up for sale, but him and Bellerin are the two that we are probably the least likely to sell. We need to sell about four players this summer and almost anyone who isn't a guaranteed starter will be for sale if a good offer comes in.

Torreira and Douzi are probably leaving, and same with Holding and Sokratis. Those four might bring in enough income to balance the books. Kolasinac and Mustafi are also up for sale, but I think it is more likely that they leave during the January transfer window if they aren't getting much playing time. Laca might leave too.

Also, a lot will depend on the transfer deals we strike. Willian on a free is good business. Gabriel looks like a good price. Partey looks to be the most expensive, and I wouldn't be surprised if Torreira and/or Douzi leave before Partey arrives.

Basically, if we sell other players that are more surplus to requirements I wouldn't be surprised if AMN stays.
My thinking too.

He's not being offered around, but he is available for the right price, and the club have other sales to prioritise. If he is sold, I'd be surprised if its early in the window.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
AMN isn't leaving here to play on the south coast to be part of a relegation fodder team, with Maupay up front. Think he would leave if the right opportunity arises, but Brighton isn't it. Can't think of an English team that isn't a huge step down that he would get a shot in cm at.

I'm not convinced that he gets much game time at Everton in cm. He'd have to sign for a Palace, Villa, Leeds, Newcastle or Fulham. Why would he?

I'd offer him to Palace in part exchange for Zaha. Edit * If he wants to leave as I'd rather keep him.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
It's a catch-22 though because AMN's not exactly a starter. Would you consider him an indispensable member? I mean, I would of course (he'd be started either at RB or CM for me personally) but would Arteta? Even if he rates him, if keeping him isn't absolutely crucial, I don't think he'll be that upset to let him go. I'm sure at this conjecture, none of the parties involved are completely against him leaving.
Fair enough. In the current squad I'd put him as a starter just like you, but I see your point.

AndStill

Keep keep keep.

It's a no brainer and anyone who wants him gone needs to have a long word with themselves in the mirror. The guys value will only appreciate and is already our best RB.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Rumours are that Sp**s are interested. If we're stupid enough to sell to them, then there should be a spursy premium. I'd he interested to see him with Partey or as first choice RB. I dont know why but I was much less bothered about losing Ramsey, Wilshere, Ox and Theo.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Why is the Bundesliga team even bothering? Unless it's Dortmund they can't afford him. They'll cry about how corona has changed the market and offer a coupon for a pick and mix.

Axel9090

Whats annoying about all of this is you can bet Arteta doesnt want him out and the club going against that basically means Arteta cant reach his potential.

GDeep™

League is very weak
AMN is one of the most exciting players at the club. Youth product, can play a number of positions, Arteta actually picked him out for the massive games. Physically he’s absolute monster in the making.

But for some reason, we have to sell him but secure guys like Cedric on to 4 year deals.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
AMN is one of the most exciting players at the club. Youth product, can play a number of positions, Arteta actually picked him out for the massive games. Physically he’s absolute monster in the making.

But for some reason, we have to sell him but secure guys like Cedric on to 4 year deals.

You keep bringing up Soares but it has nothing to do with him. He’s a backup RB. It comes down to Bellerin or AMN in a competition for the RB spot and the club are going forward with Bellerin. AMN has more versatility but he won’t be playing LB in a back 4 and he won’t be playing in midfield either. So the question then is do you keep what is essentially a squad player who could fetch £20-30m or do you sell and reinvest elsewhere?

We also don’t know how AMN will take to being kept as a squad player. A change of agent suggests he wouldn’t mind moving on.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Even if selling AMN meant us getting Partey or Gabriel, I still wouldn't be for it. Host of other names should be sold before AMN. Every winning squad has players of his utility.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You keep bringing up Soares but it has nothing to do with him. He’s a backup RB. It comes down to Bellerin or AMN in a competition for the RB spot and the club are going forward with Bellerin. AMN has more versatility but he won’t be playing LB in a back 4 and he won’t be playing in midfield either. So the question then is do you keep what is essentially a squad player who could fetch £20-30m or do you sell and reinvest elsewhere?

We also don’t know how AMN will take to being kept as a squad player. A change of agent suggests he wouldn’t mind moving on.

His obsession with Cedric and Mari is absolutely bizarre. Not even close to being linked with AMN leaving.

Gotta ask ourselves a few questions on this one...

Is AMN good enough to be our RB for years to come, no. He isn't an out and out RB, got absolutely churned against Mane and Liverpool.

Is AMN good enough to be a utility player across a few positions, yes. But is he happy with that? Probably not, he would want to nail down a starting position but sadly we cannot offer him that.

Considering Iwobi's price I wouldn't be taking anything under £30M for AMN, I would sell him for around that price though. I can't justify us keeping a 30M squad player in our current state.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Even if selling AMN meant us getting Partey or Gabriel, I still wouldn't be for it. Host of other names should be sold before AMN. Every winning squad has players of his utility.

I agree, but you could argue that Saka and Partey :))) are both utility. I like AMN, but he's looked at his best as a wingback. 30m for AMN and Gabriel in makes us a better team. AMN out and Partey in makes us a better team.

Bellerin out and AMN at right back weakens us imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom