• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
1. He is has scored 37/97 games in the prem with 1/4 of those appearances as a sub. All in a badly struggling team for the last 3 seasons under 3 managers.
2. His pressing, hold up play and fighting mentality - this guy runs his socks off every game. Unselfishly drops deep to help our midfield. Goes back to my point of a properly functioning midfield.
3. Finishing Ability, look at both his goals in this years NLD derby, both very different but both ridiculous strikes. Needs to add consistency but cannot doubt his ability. Are we not going to acknowledge big goals in big games? Because for me any player who deliver vs Sp**s and especially with those type of goals deserves more respect

Are you going to ignore the fact that until recently he hadn't scored away from home for over a YEAR. He is not good enough.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We should not be selling this guy - We create zero chance for him most games. His work rate is 9/10 every game. And his last 3-4 goals show his all round ability.

I’d be pissed selling a player of his calibre before he’s entered his prime.
prime may vary but I'd imagine Lacazettes prime is coming to an end. 26 to 30.

If Arteta wants to keep him fair enough. He had upped his game recently but he has been largely poor in his time here unlike Xhaka for example who has had purple patches and looks a consistent all round improved player under Arteta. Lacazette had largely operated on the fringes for Arteta.

So, like AMN, if Arteta wants him to stay and Lacazette is happy to take a bit part role then great. But if he isnt then he moves on. Aubameyang can go through the middle with Pepe, Willian, Saka, Martinelli providing cover out wide with Nketiah as a back up central striker.

Personally I'm in the he can go camp. His Arsenal career hasnt worked out.

Malky

Established Member
This guy plays in the Scottish Premier League, there is absolutely no evidence yet that he can make it in England.
We just ignoring his performances in the Europa for Celtic then? The Europa where he has more goals and assists than Laca last season? Not bad for some guy who just plays in the SPL :rolleyes::facepalm:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
PEA, Nketiah and Martinelli. It’s no worse than some of the teams we aim to compete against. Liverpool have Firmino and Origi. Sp**s have Kane and then play Son out of position. We’re not in a position to put that much money into two strikers wages.
Think people are going out of their way to underrate Nketiah aswell like usual. He still has a lot to offer IMO, don't think we can write him off as someone who won't reach x level yet.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Think people are going out of their way to underrate Nketiah aswell like usual. He still has a lot to offer IMO, don't think we can write him off as someone who won't reach x level yet.

I don’t think he’ll ever be prolific like Auba but if he’s replacing Lacazette’s 10 league goals a season then it’s fine, especially if we start to play with more creative players.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
1. He is has scored 37/97 games in the prem with 1/4 of those appearances as a sub. All in a badly struggling team for the last 3 seasons under 3 managers.
2. His pressing, hold up play and fighting mentality - this guy runs his socks off every game. Unselfishly drops deep to help our midfield. Goes back to my point of a properly functioning midfield.
3. Finishing Ability, look at both his goals in this years NLD derby, both very different but both ridiculous strikes. Needs to add consistency but cannot doubt his ability. Are we not going to acknowledge big goals in big games? Because for me any player who deliver vs Sp**s and especially with those type of goals deserves more respect

Imagine still rating Lacazette in 2020 :lol:

It’s over for him man, just let it go.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Eddie didn't show at any time that he'll be anything other than a sub. He's the one we should move on. Can't hold the ball and generally looks like a headless chicken.

DennisTheLegend

Agreed - He’s my tenant in London and so have met him. This kid is humble, hard working, good movement and a very good finisher (goal vs Everton) if Edouard scored it people would be jumping up and down. But instead we like to think all young English players are not good enough - One of the reasons we’ve ended up in this financial pickle.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don’t think he’ll ever be prolific like Auba but if he’s replacing Lacazette’s 10 league goals a season then it’s fine, especially if we start to play with more creative players.
While I wouldn't argue against that, I wouldn't like to bet against Nketiah - every time I've done so he's proven me wrong, which is why I've become such a big fan of his over time. I agree in principle though, I think depending on the shape of the squad Nketiah would be able to cover that loss. That said, I've not soured on Lacazette like most people, I still think he's a pretty good player.

Latest posts

Top Bottom