• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Did we do good business last summer?

Was the summer business good?

• Yes

Votes: 54 72.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 28.0%

• Total voters

LG10

Top 4 in the Wenger era was straightforward, just had to overcome villa and Everton (which we struggled with). Not something to keep bringing up to defend him, when the competition strengthened he failed miserably.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Top 4 in the Wenger era was straightforward, just had to overcome villa and Everton (which we struggled with). Not something to keep bringing up to defend him, when the competition strengthened he failed miserably.
Straightforward? There's little evidence the league is getting harder, but a lot of evidence that us and Sp**s have got a lot worse. Read @Rex Banter 's post above.

City have scored 100 points, never seen before. Two teams with 98 and 97 points points last year, never seen before. It's all too easy for the two teams at the top and the rest have fallen away into mediocrity with problems.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Straightforward? There's little evidence the league is getting harder, but a lot of evidence that us and Sp**s have got a lot worse. Read @Rex Banter 's post above.

City have scored 100 points, never seen before. Two teams with 98 and 97 points points last year, never seen before. It's all too easy for the two teams at the top and the rest have fallen away into mediocrity with problems.
It was easy and back then we had English players who cared for the club, instead of all these midfielders.

LG10

Chelsea, United, Sp**s, Leicester, wolves are all very good teams and better than the ones Wenger had to face. Every pl team has money now and there are very few freebies. League is at a much higher level tactically now, was embarrassing seeing Wenger outcoached every game near his end.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Chelsea, United, Sp**s, Leicester, wolves are all very good teams and better than the ones Wenger had to face. Every pl team has money now and there are very few freebies. League is at a much higher level tactically now, was embarrassing seeing Wenger outcoached every game near his end.
This is the weakest Chelsea team since Roman took over, what you on about? Utd are also managed by a bum.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Can't see any evidence myself. But those who kept posting 'any manager could do better than Wenger' have to keep saying 'it's getting harder' else look a bit stupid now we're in the worst position for 25 years. I get that.
I’ve never said this tbh. I loved Wenger.

I am man enough to say if I saw Emery, Ljunberg and Arteta in our future I wouldn’t have said Wenger out.

I think Arteta doing a good job btw but seeing our strategy, the pool of managers we were looking at and the budget we’re working with, sacking Wenger was kinda pointless.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I’ve never said this tbh. I loved Wenger.

I am man enough to say if I saw Emery, Ljunberg and Arteta in our future I wouldn’t have said Wenger out.

I think Arteta doing a good job btw but seeing our strategy, the pool of managers we are looking at and the budget we’re working with, sacking Wenger was kinda pointless.

For me it was Wenger out, no matter the replacement unfortunately. Had reached the breaking point. We became stagnant, so a coupla years desert wandering like Utd after Sir Alex (GOAT manager of all time) i was prepared for

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think Arteta doing a good job btw but seeing our strategy, the pool of managers we were looking at and the budget we’re working with, sacking Wenger was kinda pointless.
Budgets have increased though, we’re spending more now than we did under Wenger.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Budgets have increased though, we’re spending more now than we did under Wenger.
No it hasn’t, it’s still 30-40 mil per summer on average.

Wenger spent loads don’t be fooled. Auba, Laca, Özil, Mustafi, Xhaka, Sanchez, etc etc was all under Wenger I wouldn’t be surprised if our net spent was actually less with all the loans and stuff we have done since his exit.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Chelsea & United now are nothing compared to 10-15 years ago.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
What?:eek:

LG10

This is the weakest Chelsea team since Roman took over, what you on about? Utd are also managed by a bum.
When those two were good we were nowhere near them and were fighting for fourth. They’re not what they once were but still have super expensive squads that are much better than the teams that challenged us for 4th in that era.

Ole isn’t world class but calling him a bum or a gym teacher is just dumb, he’s a solid manager.

GDeep™

League is very weak
When those two were good we were nowhere near them and were fighting for fourth. They’re not what they once were but still have super expensive squads that are much better than the teams that challenged us for 4th in that era.

Ole isn’t world class but calling him a bum or a gym teacher is just dumb, he’s a solid manager.
Ole is the worst manager in the league. Loses any big game he has.

Top Bottom