• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,452

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
20 goals and assists in 3365 mins 19/20.
22 goals and assists in 3500 mins 18/19.
25 goals and assists in 3000 mins 17/18.
17 goals and assists in 1996 mins 16/17.
21 goals and assists in 3800 mins 15/16.

At least get it right before making people believe bs stats. Hes consistently a very good contributer. Should hit 20 G/A across all comps for us next season.

Its a fantastic piece of business considering our front 3 is currently set in stone. As a 4th option hes brilliant.
He was mentioning PL stats.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

My boy Bernard trying to take credit for this scoop? @El Duderino

GDeep™

League is very weak
20 goals and assists in 3365 mins 19/20.
22 goals and assists in 3500 mins 18/19.
25 goals and assists in 3000 mins 17/18.
17 goals and assists in 1996 mins 16/17.
21 goals and assists in 3800 mins 15/16.

At least get it right before making people believe bs stats. Hes consistently a very good contributer. Should hit 20 G/A across all comps for us next season.

Its a fantastic piece of business considering our front 3 is currently set in stone. As a 4th option hes brilliant.

I should’ve made clear I was talking about league. Averages 10 goals and assists a season, which is very poor.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Chelsea fans are pretty happy. Saying they have upgraded so don't need him. Hope we can be in the position where we can go for they type of targets Chelsea go for instead of the players they are upgrading from soon.

Let's be honest, most football fans haven't got a clue what they're on about. Chelsea fans think Kovacic is some sort of world beater ffs.

Fact is the guy is highly rated by every manager he's played for, which includes the likes of Mourinho and Conte. Its clear Arteta wants him as well, and that Chelsea's very own manager wanted to keep him.

Obviously age is the concern, but I reckon he has at least another few decent years left in him. I'd dont think he will be playing week in week out either with Auba and Pepe out wide. Its a no brainer in my opinion.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Even if you not fan of the signing like me but at the end we'll need to support Willian to do well here

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
What I love about Willian is his performance in big games. He really does his best with great passion and concentration against top opponents.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
**** Alexis BERNARD, David Ornstein and everyone else...Romano is the best sports journalist in the world...

giphy.gif

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I would not have believed he will come to Arsenal. I guess his life in London and Luiz were the main factors. Arteta too, maybe Edu and some brazilian player plans (Gabriel!?).

He is coming of from a very good season and always seemed like a top professional without many injuries. This will be good for performing in older age.

Most things have already been said so not much to add. For "free" it is a no-brainer at our current position as a club in Europa League. At least next year he should give top 4 level (where Chelsea ended up this season) player in a position we need reinforcements.

Just the right age for the youth to takeover gradually. I'm pretty sure Arteta likes this too.

People keep going on about Kolasinac (and he has been bit of a disappointment) wages, but like here it is a position we need more (starter/sub/rotation) for couple of years and there is no transfer fee.

I repeat: there is no transfer fee. And we get one of Chelsea's top performers this season.

One thing to add is that next year 5 subs will continue? And a tough schedule? So getting free players who we know can perform straight away is a magnificent plan, especially from rivals.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I don't hate the signing, hope he does well. It's unfortunately the position we are in where we simply cant throw money at his position this season for a number of reasons.

Fingers crossed the likes of ESR or Nelson have a breakthrough year before Willian declines.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
All indications that he's ours now so welcome Willian. I hope its third time lucky in getting quality from Chelsea

akhil

I should’ve made clear I was talking about league. Averages 10 goals and assists a season, which is very poor.
Stats are a little misleading cause everything went through Hazard in that team for a long time. Plus they've had rubbish up front since Costa went AWOL.

Doubt he's going to start 40 games a season. He's a experienced option out wide to support Saka, Nelson, Martinelli. He's not a bad player by any means.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

It would be poor if he cost a lot yes. Which senior players in our squad outside our front 3 put up decent numbers? Answer is they don't. We need quality of depth up front.

also not too worried about his numbers over 7 years. More interested in numbers per mins. This season just gone 16 G/A in the league says a lot.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I would not have believed he will come to Arsenal. I guess his life in London and Luiz were the main factors.
Are you kidding yourself on purpose? The main reason was we gave him the 3 year deal that Chelsea was not willing to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom