• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emiliano Martínez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why ? As much as I like Leno, he has glarring weaknesses on crosses and isn't as good on the ball as he should be.

Martninezed even showing off better timing of his runs.

We are selling the better GK ffs

Both are equally good as each other. Cant judge martinez off a few games either.

Difficult decision cos you dont need both.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Why ? As much as I like Leno, he has glarring weaknesses on crosses and isn't as good on the ball as he should be.

Martninezed even showing off better timing of his runs.

We are selling the better GK ffs

Disagree, wouldn't say it's a glaring weakness at all, he's just not as comfortable as Martinez, and he's as good if not better on the ball than Martinez, Emi is just more accurate on the long balls which we rarely play.

People seem to forget that Leno has easily been our second most consistent performer since he joined and over two whole seasons he's shown that.

I like Emi but he's played well for about 8 games, you don't keep him on the basis of that imo.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Disagree, wouldn't say it's a glaring weakness at all, he's just not as comfortable as Martinez, and he's as good if not better on the ball than Martinez, Emi is just more accurate on the long balls which we rarely play.

People seem to forget that Leno has easily been our second most consistent performer since he joined and over two whole seasons he's shown that.

I like Emi but he's played well for about 8 games, you don't keep him on the basis of that imo.

Exactly. This whole thing would be easier if Emi had 3 years on contract, but has only 2. But as it is, Leno is clearly the #1 over a long period.

If Emi would do a 1 year extension it could work out to see who will take the lead. But as it is, he likely needs to be sold this window, which is a sad. He has been astonishing, Leno levels or a bit more.

Luckily his value has "sky-rocketed", meaning he will bring Arsenal a few more millions if sold. Also giving us the FA Cup win, he deserves it.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Both are equally good as each other. Cant judge martinez off a few games either.

How do you suggest we find out if Martinez is the better keeper? You either let him continue as number 1 to see if he is consistent or you sell him never having given him a chance to be number 1 and maybe regret it later down the line.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
How do you suggest we find out if Martinez is the better keeper? You either let him continue as number 1 to see if he is consistent or you sell him never having given him a chance to be number 1 and maybe regret it later down the line.

Leno is number 1. A handful of games by Martinez recently shouldnt change that.

Yeah Martinez has performed at an elite level, but people talk as if Leno is poor, Leno was our player of the season up until lockdown.

If Martinez doesn't sign a new deal he needs to be sold, if Martinez signs a new deal you start him to see if he can push leno out over a sustained period of time.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Leno is number 1. A handful of games by Martinez recently shouldnt change that.

Yeah Martinez has performed at an elite level, but people talk as if Leno is poor, Leno was our player of the season up until lockdown.

If Martinez doesn't sign a new deal he needs to be sold, if Martinez signs a new deal you start him to see if he can push leno out over a sustained period of time.

Depends what the back up plan is.

If we sell Martinez for 20m and have to spend 7-8m on buying a 2nd choice we gain 12m.

If he stays and challenges Leno this year and maybe isnt as good or whatever next summer we could maybe get 8-10m for him.

If we sell Torreria and Guendouzi I dont think we need to mess about with the keepers. Those 2 sales pay for Partey. And surely we have 22m for Gabriel.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
If we want to make our way back to being an elite side, then we have to juggle these two players on our books.

There will come a time when we are back in the Champions League, we seem to be back on the right path again. When those days come, we will need two quality keepers to keep us competitive.

We keep Martinez, we keep Leno.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If we want to make our way back to being an elite side, then we have to juggle these two players on our books.

There will come a time when we are back in the Champions League, we seem to be back on the right path again. When those days come, we will need two quality keepers to keep us competitive.

We keep Martinez, we keep Leno.

Of course, but I'm pretty sure Martinez has had enough of being a 2nd, especially after showing he has skills to be 1st. Maybe not and he will sacrifice/bet his career for Arsenal.

But if I was in his position, I would not renew easily. And next year Arsenal has no position, there will be only 1 year left.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Martinez should be extended and remain starting keeper until he doesn't deserve to be

If Leno doesn't like his new role he can leave. That's how competition works

Martinez is undroppable in this form

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Martinez is in possession. Try to extend him onto a performance structured contract and see how he does under pressure from competition. Goalkeepers are voodoo, and as we've all seen with other clubs, can drop off a cliff quickly. You don't just get rid of good ones unless you have to.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

Leno is not good in the air, stop those comments saying he is only not comfortable. Every set piece is a nightmare waiting to happen. Some just forgot those terrible mistakes he does like one against Chelsea at min 82. And that hasn't been the only one... He has committed a lot of those in the air.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
"10 clubs interested in me"

This is one thing that I don't like about Martinez, the guy has no humility. I get it he wants to become no.1 and wants to play but sometimes he comes across so unbelievably arrogant. Auba has been our best player for the last two years yet he never talks like this. Emi on the other hand has a supurb ten games or so but starts talking like fighting to keep his spot is almost beneath him.

This has the same vibes as when he gave that uber cocky interview at the start of the season. Now I read that again I see he also mentioned he had .."13 or 14 clubs." After him. Also still can't believe he threw his best friend under the bus like that.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/emiliano-martinez-my-own-words

Apart from that side I like what I saw from him after the restart. We should try really hard to keep both him and Leno if possible.

Reactions: A_G

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I think ultimately he’ll be sold because Arteta isn’t going to guarantee him anything.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Its not a few games though, its well into double figures and he hasn't made an error. In the air Martinez is clearly superior, his handling has been top notch. I feel judging a keeper is very different to an outfield player, you can assess over a shorter number of games. Its not like he's had other runs before, this is his first proper run and he's shown us all what he can do. If we had to sell one, I really would sell Leno. Tbh I'd rather just keep them both but they both need to be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom