• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
If we are willing to buy out his contract, cant we just loan him to a club and pay like half or more of his wages or does no club want him even on reduced wages?

I 'think' he can refuse to go on loan, he seems pretty set on London living so I'm assuming any loan that is offered he will just say no thanks and continue to make himself 'available' for selection.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I 'think' he can refuse to go on loan, he seems pretty set on London living so I'm assuming any loan that is offered he will just say no thanks and continue to make himself 'available' for selection.
He'll only leave for the US methinks.

Asia/Africa is n a bad state right now because of the pandemic.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I mean US is worse lol in terms of pandemic but I was thinking turkey maybe
We pay like 70% of his wages or something and they pay the rest.

Why

Always Me ?
Pretty certain if we go back to some of the older threads around when we were losing/lost Sanchez, a lot of people were screaming to pay whatever it takes to keep Özil. It was seen back then as a huge deal to lose two of our most "talismanic" players. There was a huge amount of pressure from the fanbase to keep him. Not sure how much the Board or Wenger gave a **** about that sort of pressure. But it was there.

Özil and Bale are two different animals. Bale does enjoy football, he loves playing with Wales, and when he plays for Wales he always turns up and is usually the difference for them. He is just being ****ed over by Zidane and is now making them pay. If he went to another club in the world he would make a big impact.

Özil has retired from international football and frankly for good reason. That really seemed like the turning point for him where he stopped caring about football for Arsenal. His game time really dropped off after 2018 and thats when he started getting his phantom back pain for away games.

I have said it before in this thread, his next deal will be in US, China, Qatar and he will get paid a ton, but will only play 1 game a month. he will do that for as long as they are willing to pay him then retire.

He doesn't want to play football anymore and I don't think he would take the payoff to leave as that would mean he would need to go to another club now and potentially actually play. Here he knows he doesn't have to play and pretty much gets left alone.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I mean US is worse lol in terms of pandemic but I was thinking turkey maybe
We pay like 70% of his wages or something and they pay the rest.
There is no ;good' place with respect to the pandemic.

People rightfully have a go at the US but I don't see which other country have done better.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Özil has retired from international football and frankly for good reason. That really seemed like the turning point for him where he stopped caring about football for Arsenal. His game time really dropped off after 2018 and thats when he started getting his phantom back pain for away games.

I recall the enthusiastic posting at this time, as he could now potentially focus on Arsenal alone and we would see the best of him again. A sound theory, but as you say what actually transpired is things took a turn for the worse.

Never mind, seems we are in the endgame now at least.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Not allowed to play since last season restart due to 'some' reason but moaning about his high weekly income.

Weird.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

People rightfully have a go at the US but I don't see which other country have done better.
umm almost all of them
but lets not go there or it will go away from football

It‘s not about Arteta vs Özil. Arteta obviously likes Özil as a player.

Sanllehi though, that‘s a different discussion.
Wait what?
I was under the impression that it was for Arteta to decide who plays and whos excluded from the squad
what am I missing

say yes

forum master baiter
Wait what?
I was under the impression that it was for Arteta to decide who plays and whos excluded from the squad
what am I missing
You’re missing nothing. There’s a mountain of evidence that Özil isn’t starting because he’s not putting in the work, the ‘non-negotiables’, that Arteta is clear he will demand from every player.

However his fanboys have created a conspiracy theory - based, it seems, on one ambiguous Emery quote from a season ago - that the club has a vendetta against Mesut, and Arteta has been ordered not to play him in an attempt to force him out of the club. Arteta of course is happy to accept this, because he doesn’t care about results on the pitch and/or is happy to bend over and take orders from the club about which players he is allowed to select without giving any hint in public that he is unhappy about it.

Of course, the idea is completely nonsensical. Not least because the issue with Mesut is that literally nobody wants to sign him from us, which this club master plan does nothing to resolve and will likely make worse given it gives the clear impression he’s a lazy bum lacking motivation.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
umm almost all of them
but lets not go there or it will go away from football

Wait what?
what am I missing
Arteta played Özil a lot and he was showing good form before the COVID break. Then Sanllehi asked the players to take a pay cut and Özil refused. Somehow that became public knowledge and he hasn‘t played a minute since.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I have said it before in this thread, his next deal will be in US, China, Qatar and he will get paid a ton, but will only play 1 game a month. he will do that for as long as they are willing to pay him then retire.

He wont be going to China, not after what he said about Muslims/China etc, morally I doubt he would want to and I would think China wouldnt let him in either.

China banished him from PES 20 ffs :lol:

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
So sanllehi picks the team....interesting
Does this surprise you? That‘s why Sanllehi is the sporting director, Arteta is the head coach and Edu the technical director. They make the squad available for the Arsenal manager, whoever he is, so the successor can continue with the same squad if it doesn‘t work out. That‘s why Emery didn‘t get the players he wanted (Zaha, Nzonzi etc...).

It‘s a great system, not criticizing it, but only if the directors know what the hell they are doing.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Lots of countries are doing fine.

On Özil pay his contract and just get it done with. Kronke can stump up the cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom