• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lots of countries are doing fine.
not by choice.

US seems bad because they are trying to ensure that people follow the rules by their own accord. Not like some other who are actively clamping down like in India where police were literally beating the people who went out.

anyway, i agree that they are bearing the brunt of it but they are not the only one.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
You’re missing nothing. There’s a mountain of evidence that Özil isn’t starting because he’s not putting in the work, the ‘non-negotiables’, that Arteta is clear he will demand from every player.

However his fanboys have created a conspiracy theory - based, it seems, on one ambiguous Emery quote from a season ago - that the club has a vendetta against Mesut, and Arteta has been ordered not to play him in an attempt to force him out of the club. Arteta of course is happy to accept this, because he doesn’t care about results on the pitch and/or is happy to bend over and take orders from the club about which players he is allowed to select without giving any hint in public that he is unhappy about it.

Of course, the idea is completely nonsensical. Not least because the issue with Mesut is that literally nobody wants to sign him from us, which this club master plan does nothing to resolve and will likely make worse given it gives the clear impression he’s a lazy bum lacking motivation.

I kinda agree and disagree in parts with you here.

I think Arteta would've liked to at least have him on the bench for a few matches and there was space for Özil there, but the situation has gotten to the point that he sees that making Mesut leave benefits the team more than having him here and as others have pointed, Özil not taking a pay it will probably have gone down badly with Mikel.

Extending him was the right call at the time, but he began to check out mentally once Wenger left and he's very much a player who needs a manager with Arsenes profile when it comes to being man managed.

Think the situation was still salvageable, but Unai just doesn't have the profile to handle "big" players and Mesut spent all his political capital against him instead of just waiting for the inevitable sacking.

Anyway, Arteta has brought the goods and Özil won't win the PR battle anymore even if he tried.

He's done as a player and done at the club and the fact that he wants to sit on his ass makes that painfully obvious. Even Alexis took the L and left for Inter.

Those who can't see it are just kidding themselves.

Hi, name is El Duderino and it's beenn zero days since my last Özil post.

say yes

forum master baiter
I kinda agree and disagree in parts with you here.

I think Arteta would've liked to at least have him on the bench for a few matches and there was space for Özil there, but the situation has gotten to the point that he sees that making Mesut leave benefits the team more than having him here and as others have pointed, Özil not taking a pay it will probably have gone down badly with Mikel.

Extending him was the right call at the time, but he began to check out mentally once Wenger left and he's very much a player who needs a manager with Arsenes profile when it comes to being man managed.

Think the situation was still salvageable, but Unai just doesn't have the profile to handle "big" players and Mesut spent all his political capital against him instead of just waiting for the inevitable sacking.

Anyway, Arteta has brought the goods and Özil won't win the PR battle anymore even if he tried.

He's done as a player and done at the club and the fact that he wants to sit on his ass makes that painfully obvious. Even Alexis took the L and left for Inter.

Those who can't see it are just kidding themselves.

Hi, name is El Duderino and it's beenn zero days since my last Özil post.
Not sure I agree on the bench point. I’m sure Arteta would have loved to have Özil starting games, but he is trying to instil a stronger mentality in our entire squad, and I don’t think you can draw a line between ‘working hard enough to start’ and ‘working hard enough to be on the bench’ in that regard. It’s got to be firmer than that.

His non-negotiables apply to any position in the match day squad, whether you’re starting or not: that’s how you keep standards high across the board and how you can reward squad players who’ve really impressed: there are 18 places up fro grabs, not just 11.

Have always thought it’s a sign of weakness when managers ‘just’ drop a player to the bench. Remember when Wenger did it with Sanchez? Basically says “You’re in the doghouse but I’m not sure we’re good enough to win without you so I might need you to bail us out”. Sends completely the wrong message, and it also creates more of a story. If they’re fit enough for the bench then there are no injury excuses, and plenty of photo ops for a disgruntled star.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Some of you have a word with yourself... disgraceful posts. We didn't force him to sign the contract nor are we paying for it ourselves. Wishing death upon a family man because a football contract is f*cking unreal. :lol:

Why have you used the term "family man" ... are those without kids somehow more deserving of death? It's very strange the way you've phrased that :rofl:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Why have you used the term "family man" ... are those without kids somehow more deserving of death? It's very strange the way you've phrased that :rofl:
But nah on a real note, I wanted to humanize him as often we look at athletes through a different lens.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Not sure I agree on the bench point. I’m sure Arteta would have loved to have Özil starting games, but he is trying to instil a stronger mentality in our entire squad, and I don’t think you can draw a line between ‘working hard enough to start’ and ‘working hard enough to be on the bench’ in that regard. It’s got to be firmer than that.

His non-negotiables apply to any position in the match day squad, whether you’re starting or not: that’s how you keep standards high across the board and how you can reward squad players who’ve really impressed: there are 18 places up fro grabs, not just 11.

Have always thought it’s a sign of weakness when managers ‘just’ drop a player to the bench. Remember when Wenger did it with Sanchez? Basically says “You’re in the doghouse but I’m not sure we’re good enough to win without you so I might need you to bail us out”. Sends completely the wrong message, and it also creates more of a story. If they’re fit enough for the bench then there are no injury excuses, and plenty of photo ops for a disgruntled star.

Problem with Özil is also you cant trust his on pitch consistency, even if he was delivering in training he has gone missing so many times its far to risky.

MikeVinna

Established Member
To be fair to Özil, he did step under Arteta before the pandemic. And by that I mean his effort on the pitch. Sure he wasnt scoring assisting but he did run and press a lot more than he did under Unai Emery Etxegoien.

Thats not to say I see him turning this situation around. As it stands he’s blocking us financially but what can you do?

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

Dropping someone like Sanchez to the bench and even subbing him at 70’ was a big punishment for him. Sometimes maybe it’s just not so serious to warrant taking them off the sheet completely.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I suspect the reason we want Özil gone is the imbalance in salary and the feeling it might engender. We can’t have someone making a 100k more than the reported 250 we want to offer Auba. In that sense it’s not just about getting Özil’s salary off our books, but making Auba our highest paid player, which will create more of an equitable feeling within the team. That’s just my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom