• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,918

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Welcome to Kia Cast offs F.C. , where you to can have your dream move to the most unambitious fashionable club in London.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
If these are the men Arteta wants or the mold of what he wants, then I’m happy about the transfer. Give him the tools he needs and he will succeed.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Wait so it’s the unpopular opinion to dislike this transfer?

So what we’re all just happy turning into Chelsea’s graveyard? All these signings we’re making are so uninspiring.

Blame it on Ashley Cole mate, he set the ball rolling when ‘he nearly swerved off the road' because agent Jonathan Barnett told him that Arsenal were only offering him £55,000-a-week, not the £60,000 that had previously been agreed.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I like the sound of this.

Willian would immediately give Arteta an experienced option in a variety of roles. While most of Willian’s football at Chelsea was played on the flank, his preference is to operate in a central role behind the striker.

Arsenal were sorely lacking in creative midfield players last season, especially with Mesut Özil excluded from the first team. The signing of Willian is intended to help make up that deficit. As for Özil, initial talks between his representatives and the club have yet to arrive at any potential resolution.

https://theathletic.com/1984219/2020/08/10/arsenal-sensible-transfers-thomas-partey/

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Wait so it’s the unpopular opinion to dislike this transfer?

So what we’re all just happy turning into Chelsea’s graveyard? All these signings we’re making are so uninspiring.
Chelsea wanted him for two years unlike Cech and Luiz who were both surplus to requirements.

That’s the key difference here. The only ‘graveyard’ part of this transfer is that 3rd year and we could sell him before that year. His wages aren’t terrible.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Makavelii

Agree. If he’s equally adept at playing centrally he could lose speed during his years here and still be in the line up.
Exactly. Just like Santi cazorla moved centrally as he started to lose pace with age.
I think we’ll do exactly the same thing with Willian.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why 3+1 year?

2+1 would be more than enough.

Exactly. Just like Santi cazorla moved centrally as he started to lose pace with age.
I think we’ll do exactly the same thing with Willian.
Willian is stronger than Santi. I dont know if Willian can do the same thing Santi used to do.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Check out Luiz' instagram story
Untitled.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom