• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Imagine linking us to a 23 year old left back when we have a 23 year old left back :lol:

Saying that if Arteta wants to stick with a 343 then it could be a good shout.

Hjalmaar

Another Dane going to Sp**s. Must tear you up inside that those ****ers keep spoiling your otherwise very sympathetic NT. At least it's OK to dig Eriksen again. Thank god no Finnish player is ever good enough to go to Sp**s :rolleyes:
Give it a year and there's gonna be rumors about Glen Kamara to spuds...

FinnGooner

Established Member
Rate Pellegrini highly, but there’s always a question mark with Italians in England. They tend to struggle to settle in the country and get homesick pretty quickly.

Was about to post the same thing. That said, presumably because of their reputation as non-fit-for-PL, there hasn't been a ton of Italian players brought in to the league in recent years so the sample size is not exactly massive. Cutrone and Kean as the latest arrivals haven't convinced but they're both quite young while Jorginho has been decent for Chelsea.

Shalmaneser V

Was about to post the same thing. That said, presumably because of their reputation as non-fit-for-PL, there hasn't been a ton of Italian players brought in to the league in recent years so the sample size is not exactly massive. Cutrone and Kean as the latest arrivals haven't convinced but they're both quite young while Jorginho has been decent for Chelsea.

Cutrone lasted less than 6 months. Kean is ****. And Jorginho is Brazilian.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Cutrone lasted less than 6 months. Kean is ****. And Jorginho is Brazilian.

Kean is 20. Younger than Eddie. And Jorginho is Italian youth product who had only played professionally in Italy before coming to England. Represents Italy internationally as well. Nevertheless, like I said before, the sample size of Italian players in the PL is not great if you look at the last decade or so.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Pellegrini creative stats are impressive

Also the article says we have disbanded our scouting department, surely it was more of a restructure. Completely dismantling it would be insanity

Indeed. Perhaps disbanded in its current form? Its difficult because the Athletic lot are 'a bit' in the know in terms of connections, but like all journo's not nearly as ITK as they say, so its trying to judge which bits are information they are reporting, and which are supposition based on their personal bias.

Obviously there will be SOME form of scouting going ahead, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is in a very different format and balance.
After all if the average 15 year old with broadband can access the FM database as starting point, detailed statistical analytics and hours of video, 2-3 of traditional scouting is obsolete really. You need those working at age groups below the pro-level (though regulations about signing them changing have limited the ability to utilise that) and you need scouting very close to final decision making. The rest is very much in question as to the best way of doing things. I'm still diappointed by Cagigao, because he seemed very strong at that final judgement element of things. But I guess there is limited football to scout and limited access to that football at the moment.

I agree Pellegrini would be a very interesting option as an 8 who can do a job at 10, but there's a fair amount of risk involved too.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Ødegaard my dream signing for creative 8, but Pellegrini comes out really well. Aouar, Ruiz, Golovin also do quite well. Players I like.

I saw an interesting analysis on Laimer as a 6 in Leipzig's high pressing system, but he comes out in this graph as contributing quite a bit to attack.
some good names there with the exception of Golovin. Really worried he was doped upto his eye balls for Russia.

LasseD

Another Dane going to Sp**s. Must tear you up inside that those ****ers keep spoiling your otherwise very sympathetic NT. At least it's OK to dig Eriksen again. Thank god no Finnish player is ever good enough to go to Sp**s :rolleyes:

Yeah, honestly I could never not like Eriksen, but it was difficult cheering him on while he was at Sp**s. At least Højbjerg isn’t a player that will win them titles.

(Now go and watch him do just that :frustrated:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom