• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Couldn’t we just cut our losses and allow a loan or transfer in which we pay a portion of the salary? Even if it’s 250k a week, we’d still save money on this lost cause.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Couldn’t we just cut our losses and allow a loan or transfer in which we pay a portion of the salary? Even if it’s 250k a week, we’d still save money on this lost cause.
Pretty sure the club would be open to this. Simply very few takers even at a reduced 100k outlay a week I would imagine.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I would rather see him warming the bench for the reserve team with the occasional garbage time sub appearance.
We also need to make sure he is never again involved in first-team training.
Never mentioning him again on the website even when he leaves the club is also something the club will need to consider because of the damage he has done to our brand in Asia

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Pretty sure the club would be open to this. Simply very few takers even at a reduced 100k outlay a week I would imagine.

I think the takers would be there but I doubt Özil would be open to a move, players can reject loans and I cant see why he would be interested, all he has to do at present is turn up for training, hes not getting selected for any of our teams so its easy money for him.

Only way he leaves is being paid off or someone spikes his drink with cocaine or a PED so he fails a drug test and his contract can be terminated.

Kris

I would rather see him warming the bench for the reserve team with the occasional garbage time sub appearance.
We also need to make sure he is never again involved in first-team training.
Never mentioning him again on the website even when he leaves the club is also something the club will need to consider because of the damage he has done to our brand in Asia
Are you saying that the club should punish him for daring to speak up for the Uyghurs, people who are suffering terrible injustice? If anything we should applaud him for it. Needing to clear his wages is a different matter though.

Iceman10

Established Member
To be fair to Özil, he did step under Arteta before the pandemic. And by that I mean his effort on the pitch. Sure he wasnt scoring assisting but he did run and press a lot more than he did under Unai Emery Etxegoien.

Thats not to say I see him turning this situation around. As it stands he’s blocking us financially but what can you do?

He seems to need way more than other players to get back on pace after a break. His start to the season was disrupted by the gang incident, but he was still way off compared with Kolasinac. The biggest problem though is his social media and whatnot when he’s on the sidelines, trying to lobby his die-hards, with the media happy to play that all up. It is too much distraction for a manager and the club. If he wants to stay in London he wants to stay in London, but he still could be successful in MLS for a season or two, so maybe we could find a way to subsidise that to happen.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Only way he leaves is being paid off or someone spikes his drink with cocaine or a PED so he fails a drug test and his contract can be terminated.
now this is really imaginative.

How does one come to a point so low that your own clubs supporters want to spike your drink, make you fail a drug test to cancel a contract?

A better idea is to just imagine that he doesn't exist for a season. job done!

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Are you saying that the club should punish him for daring to speak up for the Uyghurs, people who are suffering terrible injustice? If anything we should applaud him for it. Needing to clear his wages is a different matter though.
Yes, I'm saying that. He can terminate his contract with us and he can do whatever he wants without our club being involved in any of his politics.
What's happening around the world is none of the club's business, and his sponsors felt the same.
He's being paid a fortune to represent his sponsors and our club, never to involve us in his personal opinions. That should be perfectly clear to everyone, not sure why it isn't though

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
now this is really imaginative.

How does one come to a point so low that your own clubs supporters want to spike your drink, make you fail a drug test to cancel a contract?

A better idea is to just imagine that he doesn't exist for a season. job done!

Jeez its a forum, not everything has to be so serious all the time, its a joke, calm your tits man!

You knew this but wanting to act all high and mighty, come on now its its hot for that :lol:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

He still has to agree to it though. He seems happy doing fvck all so the only way to leave may be if he and his wife want to live in Turkey. If that happens I'm sure will find a suitor and we'll pay some of his wages.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Its such a lose-lose situation for the club, pay him in full to leave or pay him in full gradually whilst he takes the piss for 12months and then leaves anyway..

If I was Stan Kroenke with all my billions and also being petty as **** I'd hire someone whose sole purpose is to annoy him on a daily basis, like a buddy who just follows him around all day in training and does things to make his daily life difficult, tie his shoes together whilst hes out training, shave his hair if hes asleep on the plane, cut his internet line so he cant play fortnite, nothing too bad just kids stuff..

I'd even pay a ****load of money to create a new training centre 300miles away from London and book up all the accomodation in a 100mile radius just so he has to drive in traffic to get there, the only other person who would be at the training centre is the buddy above who I hired to annoy him!

8.3billion can go a long way!
It is a lose-lose for the club except that the chat surrounding this issue will stop. Knowong us, the amount we'd pay the buddy would probably buy us Mbappe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom