• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zech Medley (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️
Good. I hear this young lad is talented but never gets game time. Great decision to put him on loan. First team exp is always better than U23 games.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Good loan move that, decent League 1 club. Have my doubts whether he will ever establish him here and he will have tough competition with Saliba, Mavropanos and probably Gabriel. He does have some interesting qualities though with his height and quality on the ball. A good loan spell should at least mean we will get a decent fee for him next summer.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Interesting. Going to be playing alongside young Jack Tucker who’s a good prospect assuming he doesn’t move.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I like Medley, he had a few Cup games for us, maybe EL too a couple of seasons ago if I recall. He needs a loan so this is good, he'll either come back a better player or be moved on. We'll see!

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Haven't been impressed by what little I have seen from him. hope for him it works out. A good loan would help both parties, though. Good stuff. Any talk of a loan fee?

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Haven't been impressed by what little I have seen from him. hope for him it works out. A good loan would help both parties, though. Good stuff. Any talk of a loan fee?
From Gillingham? I doubt it!

Medley has decent technique and great physical potential, but needs to learn how to be a defender, so this loan will be important for him

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Slow, has zero positional sense last time I saw him, all he has is size. Definitely will be moved on permanently eventually.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It looks like we actually have a good crop of defenders in the u23s and I wouldn't be surprised if all of them went on loan this season.

Zak Swanson is on a season-long loan to MVV Maastricht, and now Medley is going to Gillingham. I expect that Harry Clarke and Danny Ballard will also go on season-long loans too.

If we play our cards right this summer, we might get our defense sorted for the foreseeable future by the end of next season.

Saliba and Mari are already new additions, and hopefully, we will sign Gabriel from Lille. All three of them will probably take a season to fully come to grips with the EPL. Luiz will be our veteran CB this season, and we'll probably sell Holding and Sokratis this summer. Also, Mustafi should be fit to start the season and Chambers will be coming back too.

We should start the season with Luiz, Mustafi, Gabriel, and Saliba as our fit CBs, and then Mari and Chambers will come back from injury at some point.

By next summer I wouldn't be surprised if either Mustafi and/or Luiz left, and our four main CBs were Saliba, Gabriel, Chambers, and Mari. (A lot of this depends on how well Chambers comes back from injury, but he was arguably our best defender this season before he got hurt.) By then, at least one of Medley, Ballard, and Clarke should be ready to be part of the first team, too.

This will be an important loan for Medley. He has the technique and potential to be a really good CB, but he apparently doesn't focus enough on the basics of defending. A season in League One should make him focus on defending.

It might be hard to find a younger, more talented group of CBs than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom