• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

There's been maybe two pertinent critiques of the guy posted here in the past three months, but I couldn't tell you what they were because they are completely subsumed beneath continual tsunamis of delusion, revision and bullshit that I definitely did not bother to even consider reading. Can tell they are nonsense because nothing of any value about this sport takes that long to say.

Some people in here are posting to themselves like they are in the DMs of some chick who doesn't even remember meeting them.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That was Wenger's biggest fault. Giving our players tactical flexibility and putting so much trust on their technical ability. When we came up against a well grilled team, we were always exposed.
:lol: :lol::lol::lol: Those well 'grilled' sides were far too hot for Wenger. 'Go out lads and just do what you want, we're obviously going to get a roasting, so there's no point in any tactics'.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
There's been maybe two pertinent critiques of the guy posted here in the past three months, but I couldn't tell you what they were because they are completely subsumed beneath continual tsunamis of delusion, revision and bullshit that I definitely did not bother to even consider reading. Can tell they are nonsense because nothing of any value about this sport takes that long to say.

Some people in here are posting to themselves like they are in the DMs of some chick who doesn't even remember meeting them.

Yeah man. What a mess of a thread.

These guys making up stuff as they go, I mean Özil not participating in the build up might be the dumbest sh!t I ever have read on here.

Even if it wasn't the case, the guy was averaging up to 65 passes per game during some of his seasons here; were all those passes in the final 3rd(the most difficult section of the field to operate in) or what? :lol: If so, how is that a problem; that is absolutely phenomenal numbers by any standards of the game.

Jeez.

blaze_of_glory

These guys making up stuff as they go, I mean Özil not participating in the build up might be the dumbest sh!t I ever have read on here.

Even if it wasn't the case, the guy was averaging up to 65 passes per game during some of his seasons here; were all those passes in the final 3rd(the most difficult section of the field to operate in) or what? :lol: If so, how is that a problem; that is absolutely phenomenal numbers by any standards of the game.

Jeez.
Yeah I saw that too, mindboggling stuff. Like an alternate reality.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Erm, this thread is also full of people speculating for any reason they can cling on to to figure out why he’s not playing/had a massive decline, rather than just facing the most obvious reason.

Two sides to every coin.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
This is wrong; the top technical players can still play with that freedom. Wenger was unlucky due to the number of injuries and had players with low defensive workrate.
No teams will ever play like this again in modern football (To give freedom to players, to execute the general tactical philosophy).
Because today’s football is now extremely detailed oriented.

Now, the general tactical philosophy is nothing new, all are from previous eras. But they start to make things a lot smaller. Making a general philosophy into 100 different objectives and instruct them to players. Dividing a 90 minutes game into different phases of mini-games. Dividing the spaces on the pitch into smaller grids. To tell players to position and move to which grid in certain situations/phases of the game.

How we press, how our opponent get out from our press. How we create overload in the build up phase, how our opponent prevents being overload in transition. These are all pre-planned step by step player instructions on positioning and movement.

Of course now there are still freedom for players, but it's conditional freedom instructed in detail to the player. For example, If you arrived to the final third you have the license to roam around/drift inside.

You can't express yourself in modern Football. Everything move on the pitch is directed by the coach and pre-planned. That was Wenger's biggest fault. Giving our players tactical flexibility and putting so much trust on their technical ability. When we came up against a well drilled team, we were always exposed.
Exactly.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Jeez.

If you see rosicky/Cazorla/Nasri at 10, our team worked so much better, and we regain full control in midfield.

Özil never helped our team to dominate possession/midfield play.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
:lol: :lol::lol::lol: Those well 'grilled' sides were far too hot for Wenger. 'Go out lads and just do what you want, we're obviously going to get a roasting, so there's no point in any tactics'.
I think it was Fabregas saying in an interview that he was gobsmacked when he arrived at Barca and saw how specific the training sessions were compared to what he was used to at Arsenal.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think it was Fabregas saying in an interview that he was gobsmacked when he arrived at Barca and saw how specific the training sessions were compared to what he was used to at Arsenal.
Obviously.

"The training is so good in Barca"
"But Cesc, you refused to train at Arsenal"
"Shush!!!"
"The training is so good in Barca"

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Can you provide a link to that?

Fabregas:
Arsenal 3.2 shots per game, Barcelona 1.6
Arsenal 1.9 dribbles per game, Barcelona 1.6
Arsenal 2.3 tackles per game, Barcelona 1.4

He gave the best account of himself at Arsenal and in some respects, failed to reproduce that level of consistency at Barcelona where he found himself less in demand, less in control, less in the spotlight and, in the end, less required. But yeah, Arsène just told him to go out and do what he wanted.

Dj_sds -

Can you provide a link to that?

Fabregas:
Arsenal 3.2 shots per game, Barcelona 1.6
Arsenal 1.9 dribbles per game, Barcelona 1.6
Arsenal 2.3 tackles per game, Barcelona 1.4

He gave the best account of himself at Arsenal and in some respects, failed to reproduce that level of consistency at Barcelona where he found himself less in demand, less in control, less in the spotlight and, in the end, less required. But yeah, Arsène just told him to go out and do what he wanted.

He had a free role at arsenal. Never would have gotten that at Barca with Messi being there. It's the main reason his stats dipped, he had to play with more discipline.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spa...-been-difficult-to-adapt-to-life-at-barcelona

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Özil's stats dropped significantly after Wenger left. Ramsey's stats at Juventus are not good either compared to his Arsenal days. Suddenly having to cope with actual tactics must be a real struggle when you've been allowed to run aimlessly around the pitch.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
For me for pure of the blue, visceral shock value. Big Sol was the best signing.

Sp*rs fans didn’t come into my office the next day. Never seen anything like when that moment was announced. It was like a mini 9/11 The screaming. The shouting. The hysteria. Everyone on their phones. People were having palpitations. BigWengz smug face in the middle of it all looking like the cat that had snagged the biggest pallet of cream in the world.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
If you see rosicky/Cazorla/Nasri at 10, our team worked so much better, and we regain full control in midfield.

Özil never helped our team to dominate possession/midfield play.

Does Nasri even have >5 apps at as no. 10 for us? He was so much better there than Özil, he played 99% of his games for us on wings.... :lol:

Cazorla was shifted wide after half a season, and basically never played at 10 after.

Don't make me laugh with Rosicky.

As for your last sentence; utter bollocks, regularly in the top charts in the league for final 3rd passes, if that isn't helping dominate possession then I don't know what is.

There's plenty you could criticize Özil for, the least you and your gang of cronies could do is not make sh!t up in your rambling nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom