• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What makes an Arsenal player a club legend?

KGoooner

1. I know , Ramsey is a good player, but do you miss him skills? Plays?

2. Do you think he should come back to Arsenal?

3. Ramsey is Legend?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta and Rosicky are legends too.

Arteta could still be depending on how his manager tenure goes.

As much as I loved Rozza, no he isn't.

Manberg

Predator
Arteta could still be depending on how his manager tenure goes.

As much as I loved Rozza, no he isn't.

They won trophies and got us top 4 whilst being great players at the same time. What more do you want to consider them legends?

Manberg

Predator
True...but we have also had players win us leagues here.

Due to how successful we are as a club, it's very difficult to be a legend without a league title.

I don’t agree, but it’s always going to be an opinionated matter. What it is that makes a club legend is judged differently by different people.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I dont like the term Legend thrown around too freely. It really has to be earned. The last legend to play for Arsenal in my view was probably Henry! Fabregas could have become a legend, Auba will become a legend if he stays another 3 years. I dont class Kos or anyone else who was here a long time eg Walcott as legends. Its far more than how long you played for the club.

Can anyone add a legend since Henry?

Manberg

Predator
I dont like the term Legend thrown around too freely. It really has to be earned. The last legend to play for Arsenal in my view was probably Henry! Fabregas could have become a legend, Auba will become a legend if he stays another 3 years. I dont class Kos or anyone else who was here a long time eg Walcott as legends. Its far more than how long you played for the club.

The bold part is a contradictory statement with regards to Auba.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Can anyone add a legend since Henry?

I doubt even Auba can become a legend at this stage.

In my head to be a legend at Arsenal, you have to sit at a table with some of our other legends and be able to hold your head high...hard to imagine anyone soon being able to sit at a table with the like of Henry and Bergkamp, without feeling they don't deserve to be there.

That's why I like the 3 tier system...
1. Legend
2. Cult Hero
3. Ex-player

...gives the true titans of our club the status they deserve, but also gives good club servants like Santi for example a bit of acclaim too.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal are the third biggest club in the country, so the to be a legend you have to have won the league. I love Ramsey but we haven't had a legend since the Invincibles for this reason in my opinion.

Manberg

Predator
Arsenal are the third biggest club in the country, so the to be a legend you have to have won the league. I love Ramsey but we haven't had a legend since the Invincibles for this reason in my opinion.

So Cygan and Aliadiere are legends but Ramsey, Rosicky, Arteta, Cazorla etc are not?

Flawed justifications.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I don’t buy the “league win” criteria. What if you’re a player who joins in an era where winning the league is not possible?

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
So Cygan and Aliadiere are legends but Ramsey, Rosicky, Arteta, Cazorla etc are not?

Flawed justifications.

Don't think any of those players were legends for us.

Legend of the club: Stay in one club for long time,rejecting big clubs and feels like the part of the club and when you think about club you think about them,winning titles and have big influence in every season.

Manberg

Predator
Don't think any of those players were legends for us.

Legend of the club: Stay in one club for long time,rejecting big clubs and feels like the part of the club and when you think about club you think about them,winning titles and have big influence in every season.

Vieira left for Juventus. Henry left to Barcelona to win the Champions League. Legends have left the club to join other big clubs.

Top Bottom