• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godwin1

Very well-known
what beautiful football.. we were so lucky to have him for so long inspite of the ****show that the club management became over the years. He is a player better watched live... the constant drifting and moving ..knitting the game together ...blocking the channels ... one touch ...moving back ...moving up .... such economy of motion and touch ... what a player. you cant convince me otherwise. I have seen him play.
When did you see him play? I also remember sitting in the stands and thinking this guy sure can move back and move up as well :lol:

Last edited:

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Obama killed hundred times more people. Arteta saw the light during the covid break eh? Sometimes parrotting tired nonsense isn't necessary

Why would I give a sh*t what Obama did I'm not American. Maybe everything is relative like the holocaust is worse than the Armenian genocide so there was nothing wrong with that going from your point of view.

I do find it interesting Erdogans killing of people based on their ethnic identity and removing the foundation of Turkish democracy and secularism but hey if you enjoy Erdogan taking a massive giant sh*t on Turkey's founder's principles you do you man.

musoke

Why does Cazorla get mentioned everywhere? He was awesome but got an injury before he could do anything with us.

How do you compare a #10 with Modric???? How did Modric vary his game???

Hazard is a wing-forward and barely played this season. Özil had better stats in his first half-season with Madrid, anyway. How did he vary his game????

God, such an idiotic comparison. I do not know if the post was lazy or just plain idiotic.
Did you know that Modric has played as a CM, Defensive midfielder, Deep lying midfielder and an Attacking midfielder? Did you know that Modric started off as an attacking midfielder? That is where he played in early Sp**s years. Then later was moved back into CM like Santi was.

And this is the guy that most managers (Including wenger) and pundits in the EPL were writing off as too small and weak to make it in the EPL. Remember in 2008? I remember even wenger said that Modric was a bit too slight and it could be a gamble to spend £15 million on him blah blah..

But the little guy came in, worked his ass off to strengthen his physique. Was played all over the midfield at Sp**s, i even remember in some games he would start as a right sided midfielder or something like that. But he never moaned like our resident princess (Özil).

At Madrid you will see Modric turn into a Box to box midfielder on occasions. He runs from his CM position into the opposition box in some games.

Santi has played as a wide midfielder/ winger, Attacking midfielder and as a CM etc..

But your cult hero cries foul for just being played outwide in a midfield 3 once in a while. His fan crowd go into meltdown if he is just asked to get more involved in Midfield instead of always acting like a lady in waiting (Standing in the opposition half waiting for his teammates to fight for and deliver the ball to him on a plate).

Your cult hero is so infuriating and frustrating for some of us. The guy was meant to be our go to star. But how you lot turned all that upside down by constantly insinuating that it’s him that has to rely on his teammates when the going gets tough. Smh

I bet you the likes of Bergkamp, Henry, Pires, Cesc, RVP would have felt so embarrassed if these kinds of cringeworthy Özil excuses were made for them.

musoke

Why does Cazorla get mentioned everywhere? He was awesome but got an injury before he could do anything with us.

How do you compare a #10 with Modric???? How did Modric vary his game???

Hazard is a wing-forward and barely played this season. Özil had better stats in his first half-season with Madrid, anyway. How did he vary his game????

God, such an idiotic comparison. I do not know if the post was lazy or just plain idiotic.
And Hazard started off as just a flashy winger. But at chelsea he added goals to his game. Started to dominate across that front line instead of just being stuck on the wing. He became a more involved attacker. During Mourinho’s time he even started tracking back and putting a foot in.

Isn’t it?

musoke

His legacy is 3 FA Cups for a club that hadn‘t won a trophy in a decade before he joined. Always grateful for that!
When he was the worst player in that first FA cup final win in 2014. Him and Podolski were so so bad, a waste ot space in that final.
And Özil as always was nowhere to be seen. I don’t even remember if he was playing football in that final or not. That is how poor and bad him and Podolski were in that final.

But fallacious argument like “We won because Özil had moved Arsenal” galore.
No evidence to back those claim up. I will help you out “Correlation is not always Equal to Causation”

And was he ever MOTM in any of those finals?

musoke

Some players hit that wall sooner that others, but everyone hits that wall where their mentality starts to drop at some point...Mes has hit his it seems.

Özil is 32, won the World Cup, played for Real and Arsenal...he knows his next career move will be a steep drop in quality, probably is a bit jaded at this stage and isn't overly motivated by what he can achieve anymore...I imagine he is just squeezing all the money he can out of this deal and enjoying London as long as he can, he is entitled to do that.

He will be gone by next summer anyway.
How can Özil be jaded when he spent most of his career at Madrid being subbed off after 65 / 70 minutes in the majority of the matches?

How can Özil be a bit jades when all he has ever done since moving to Arsenal was pull sickies like there is no tomorrow. Wenger spent all his time cuddling and giving him time offs.

How can Özil be jaded when he refused to perform under Emery? He spent most of that season and a half playing social media propaganda and not playing football. Only playing Fortnite.

How can Özil be a bit jaded when he refused to perform and was dropped by Ljungberg.

How can Özil be a bit jaded when Arteta has dropped him too.

With all this time he has spent off the pitch and relaxing / playing Fortnite in his career, he should be fresher than the likes of Cesc, Silva etc..
:lol:

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
When he was the worst player in that first FA cup final win in 2014. Him and Podolski were so so bad, a waste ot space in that final.
And Özil as always was nowhere to be seen. I don’t even remember if he was playing football in that final or not. That is how poor and bad him and Podolski were in that final.

But fallacious argument like “We won because Özil had moved Arsenal” galore.
No evidence to back those claim up. I will help you out “Correlation is not always Equal to Causation”

And was he ever MOTM in any of those finals?
Just a year earlier the likes of Ramsey, Cazorla etc... had the chance to win the FA Cup without Özil. They couldn't do it, were knocked out by Blackburn lol. Özil did it in his first year here, breaking a big trophyless run by the club.

With Özil's arrival, other players around him improved, the fans mood improved, the whole club did. Because of him, we could convince the likes of Alexis Sanchez to join.

You ignore all these things, and discredit his impact at the club for a game where he wasn't at his best but still gave his all and more importantly still was a part of the win. Fabianski nearly cost us that final but I could never talk trash about it because in the end we won and he was a part of the team that won that final.

musoke

Yeah, Özil's career numbers before Arsenal are a myth. /s

He's very limited. He didn't produce what was needed from him, his career here wasn't what we'd hoped for. I belive he should've done better. You're right about that.

However, he was the best at what he did. Number 1 in the world, not 2 or 3 or whatever. The best. That's why he's been given excuses, and why people were willing to see a lot of changes to accommodate him.
When was the last time we had a player that was no1 at something?

Accommodating Özil was definitely worth trying, and i don't believe how anyone can think otherwise, given his talent and our situation at the time.

Unfortunatelly, it didn't work out, and i think it's both Özil's and the club's fault. He should've done much better, especially later on, but the team could've been stronger while he was still at it.

Sorry not trying to be rude but that special category that his fanbase created for him has never impressed me.
How can a so called world class / best attacking midfielder (No10) in the world be that one dimensional? The guy spends 90% of his time in the opposition half. He is basically a second striker but a very blund one. Never expect goals from him.

I compare him to his counterparts that do what he does best but they add more more. They will create chances, assist, score goals, dominate that final 3rd, help out their team defensively on top of being more imvloved in general play. On the assists stats that Özil is supposed to be superior to competitors, you can see how close they are to him. But then they have better goals stats, better defensively stats, better all round game involvement, taking games by the scruff of the neck etc..

As I have always seen it. Özil is terrible and terrified of shooting. There is nothing that freaks him out than taking the responsibility to shoot. I don’t know if it’s psychological/ mental. I think he realises that his shot is very weak and that plays on his mind. So he decided to just pass on that responsibility. Does not want to be the guy to take the slack for having missed an easy shot, or the guy being blamed for a poor shot.
So he just hides behind over passing even if he can vary his game by getting more into those goal scoring postion and take responsibility (start shooting).

Has made himself somone dimensional hence why the constant debate about how since moving here.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just a year earlier the likes of Ramsey, Cazorla etc... had the chance to win the FA Cup without Özil. They couldn't do it, were knocked out by Blackburn lol. Özil did it in his first year here, breaking a big trophyless run by the club..
You're right. Özil scored all our goals and singlehandedly won us all the three FA cups

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I'm not here to talk about politics. Özil's a poor player and an overpaid diva combined in one. That contract's got to be the biggest mistake the club has made in the last 20 years. Ramsey over Özil all day every day.
Ramsey loves Özil, and vice versa. They enjoyed a magical connection. I love them both, FA Cup heroes.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Something substantial.
Something substantial you say?

2a6925085bbe82e2f98f96a99fa2f233.jpg

Bet this photo pisses some people off even though it’s an Arsenal player holding a trophy.

Last edited:

musoke

Just a year earlier the likes of Ramsey, Cazorla etc... had the chance to win the FA Cup without Özil. They couldn't do it, were knocked out by Blackburn lol. Özil did it in his first year here, breaking a big trophyless run by the club.

With Özil's arrival, other players around him improved, the fans mood improved, the whole club did. Because of him, we could convince the likes of Alexis Sanchez to join.

You ignore all these things, and discredit his impact at the club for a game where he wasn't at his best but still gave his all and more importantly still was a part of the win. Fabianski nearly cost us that final but I could never talk trash about it because in the end we won and he was a part of the team that won that final.
I asked you to show me the proof of your claims.
What did Özil do in that first FA cup final to then be hailed as our trophy drought ender? Lol
How was his performance compared to his teammates? That is how i rate a player and their contributions. Not just making sweeping claims that have no meat.
What did Özil do in that first final? Were we winning or losing before he was subbed?
How does it work? A player that was one of the 2 worst performers on that day is then hailed as having won us the FA CUP?
Did not score, did not assists. Was basically a passenger and hiding like always.
Subbed off in 106th minute when we are 2-2, then in the 109th minute Ramsey scores the winner. That winner orchestrated between 3 players (Giroud, Wilshere and Ramsey).

Now I will ask again. One of the 2 poorest performers in that final, did not provide any assist, did not score any goal, Was a complete ghost the whole game and was not on the field when the winning goal was scored.

How can that player all of a sudden be the reason we won that final?

I might be a dense on this one. It absolutely does not add up whatsoever.

Can someone out there please explain this phenomenon to me?

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Why would I give a sh*t what Obama did I'm not American. Maybe everything is relative like the holocaust is worse than the Armenian genocide so there was nothing wrong with that going from your point of view.

I do find it interesting Erdogans killing of people based on their ethnic identity and removing the foundation of Turkish democracy and secularism but hey if you enjoy Erdogan taking a massive giant sh*t on Turkey's founder's principles you do you man.
nopes..no one got criticised for taking photos with obama and inviting them to their weddings. Political figures have their area and sports has its. You should check what the indian, russian and saudi leaders have done, supervised and ordered done personally. There are so many such leaders. They all have a lot of supporters. Your saying Erdogan eez Monster doesnt mean everyone will just jump up and agree.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I asked you to show me the proof of your claims.
What did Özil do in that first FA cup final to then be hailed as our trophy drought ender? Lol
How was his performance compared to his teammates? That is how i rate a player and their contributions. Not just making sweeping claims that have no meat.
What did Özil do in that first final? Were we winning or losing before he was subbed?
How does it work? A player that was one of the 2 worst performers on that day is then hailed as having won us the FA CUP?
Did not score, did not assists. Was basically a passenger and hiding like always.
Subbed off in 106th minute when we are 2-2, then in the 109th minute Ramsey scores the winner. That winner orchestrated between 3 players (Giroud, Wilshere and Ramsey).

Now I will ask again. One of the 2 poorest performers in that final, did not provide any assist, did not score any goal, Was a complete ghost the whole game and was not on the field when the winning goal was scored.

How can that player all of a sudden be the reason we won that final?

I might be a dense on this one. It absolutely does not add up whatsoever.

Can someone out there please explain this phenomenon to me?
You are making arguments out of nothing, nowhere did I say that Özil won us 3 FA Cups. In the post to which you replied, I said “3 FA Cups will be his legacy” which is a straight fact.

How are you going to argue against that?

Last edited:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The Özil fanboys are reaching... You couldn’t make this lot up if you tried.

I have never seen so much nonsense written in the defense of a player who contributes absolutely nothing to our club. It’s like they are Özil fanboys first and Arsenal fans second. Really misguided lot if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom