• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers (Out)

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Should really ask for more
He done so well for Fulham not a surprise to see them going back in for them. I really thought he turned a corner with that loan spell but then he got injured and never found form.

We should be asking for 20m now or 15m with 10m add ons if they stay up.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'd rather let Holding go before Chambers, Chambers was just starting to find form before his latest injury aswell. If we let him go we've got to stop being the club that lets players go for the first offer even if it's very low. He's worth more then 12, ask for at least 20.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Last year, we probably could've gotten 20m for him. So it would be a shame to sell for only 12m. We can hold out for a little more up to 15m I think.

At the same time, injury + covid isn't a good combination. He's also not good enough for our level. Think his spell pre-injury was overrated on here. Decent but not good. Have to sell this window if we can. Rather take 12m now than regret it later (like the 20m we should've gotten last year).

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

We were paying for potential at 18. At 25 we know his potential and his injury history. 12m is just about right for him.
Nah I still think 12 is a fair bit under his value, if it's between 15-20 I'll be fine but preferably around 20 will be better. Don't forget he can cover multiple positions aswell which might put his value up a little aswell.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If someone offer anything above 10m sell. He isnt good enough, had never been good enough and is coming off an ACL.
He should have been sold 3 years ago.

Impact

Established Member
Good to see Chambers has retained value following the injury. I like him as a personality but I don't think he has enough quality to from part of the squad here long term.

I know we often praise his versatility but how many of us feel comfortable seeing him in the line up at RB or DM? I doubt it is many. At CB, his lack of agility/mobility is too limiting, which is shame because he is good on the ball and, when in form, can be quite composed - a welcome change from many Arsenal centre backs.

I think a good deal is breaking even. £15m and I would be happy to sell.

Would also add that just because there are others that we more pressingly need to move on (Mustafi, Sokratis etc) doesn't mean we shouldn't be open to a Chambers sale. We need to be proactive in reshaping our squad and that means taking every opportunity to make good sales to reinvest in the team.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He was great before the injury. But at this point I would sell him. So many injuries thus far and those have to take their toll.

If someone will pay 15 million or more after this injury, with no guarantees of his current level, it would be good business.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Was actually our best CB before his injury under Arteta.

Lucky us got his value crushed by that injury. Could have gotten us 25-30m on a good second half of the season under Arteta and a strong prior year at Fulham

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Was actually our best CB before his injury under Arteta.

Lucky us got his value crushed by that injury. Could have gotten us 25-30m on a good second half of the season under Arteta and a strong prior year at Fulham

Yeah, sad to see him go, he finally delivered his potential at that period. Not good that his contract ends in 2022.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We should sell him. He's has no quality to be more than a squad player in the long term. But he's better than Holding though. For 12 million, we should bite their hand off

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I think Chambers is a good cb and decent dm. Good on the ball and looked impressive before his injury. Would rather keep him to be honest.

That said, he will probably want first team football. 15m is a fair price.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Chambers doesnt start for any of the teams above us. Simple as hes not good enough for Arsenal.

Maybe the likes of a Palace yes. But for a team challenging top four and with time the league. No no no. Simple as. Whoever wants to argue can do so but facts are facts. Hes 25 and has done literally nothing in his career. Has 3 international caps ffs.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Fulham have just been promoted, they'll have a lot of money to spend. Forgot about that, so in any case he should be £20M to Fulham.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Chambers doesnt start for any of the teams above us. Simple as hes not good enough for Arsenal.

Maybe the likes of a Palace yes. But for a team challenging top four and with time the league. No no no. Simple as. Whoever wants to argue can do so but facts are facts. Hes 25 and has done literally nothing in his career. Has 3 international caps ffs.
What you mean done nothing in his career? Just turned 25, had 2 good loans and was playing well here before his injury.

Arsenal signed Mari, he’s the one who’s done nothing, guy is 27 next week and has played no top flight European football. Actually had to move to Brazil, which is unheard for a European player unless you’re a BUM.

Chambers is 20M atleast, nobody is asking for 35M.

pikey2000

What you mean done nothing in his career? Just turned 25, had 2 good loans and was playing well here before his injury.

Arsenal signed Mari, he’s the one who’s done nothing, guy is 27 next week and has played no top flight European football. Actually had to move to Brazil, which is unheard for a European player unless you’re a BUM.

Chambers is 20M atleast, nobody is asking for 35M.

Agreed, also covers two positions, i'd have rather kept Chambers over Holding (both are injury prone) and i'd probably not have bothered with Mari if we do end up signing another CB and look set to keep Mustafi....but hey we are where we are :)

Latest posts+

Top Bottom