• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We should insist on cash only but we shouldn't hold out for too much. I'd be happy with £20m on the basis that we wont get that next summer.

DennisTheLegend

Again who cares what we get next summer - Can’t he just sign a new deal and see out his career at Arsenal. I’m confused as to why many don’t see that his play allows us to get the best out of Auba. Who is going to be an immediate upgrade? I do not want another young inexperienced player in that position next season. The only young player who I’d go for is Haaland and we all know that’s not happening.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Again who cares what we get next summer - Can’t he just sign a new deal and see out his career at Arsenal. I’m confused as to why many don’t see that his play allows us to get the best out of Auba

tenor.gif

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Again who cares what we get next summer - Can’t he just sign a new deal and see out his career at Arsenal. I’m confused as to why many don’t see that his play allows us to get the best out of Auba. Who is going to be an immediate upgrade? I do not want another young inexperienced player in that position next season. The only young player who I’d go for is Haaland and we all know that’s not happening.

Aubameyang was scoring 30 goals per season at Dortmund without Lacazette in the team. Aubameyang doesn’t need Lacazette to be able to score goals.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

No way should he see out his career here, he's not even 30 so we'll have him on our books for years yet that way when we could be getting some money for him. There is also the option of moving Auba centrally & bringing in a winger like Zaha or the guy from Ajax we've been linked to recently, Quincy Promes I think it is.

MikeVinna

Established Member
The only way we do this if Auba plays up front from now on. Then we can use the Laca cash to get a top LW. If not I don’t see the point of selling Laca.

I don’t think I’d take any of the players mentioned that are leaving Juve. Not even for depth. Maybe Ramsey for sentimental reasons.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Aubameyang was scoring 30 goals per season at Dortmund without Lacazette in the team. Aubameyang doesn’t need Lacazette to be able to score goals.

That was at Dortmund.

I’m happy to sell Laca but we need to reinvest in a forward if we do. The current team structure/system sees Auba’s output double when Lacazette is in the team.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
That was at Dortmund.

I’m happy to sell Laca but we need to reinvest in a forward if we do. The current team structure/system sees Auba’s output double when Lacazette is in the team.

If you’re talking about the stat some Lacazette fan account tweeted in the last few days then that was a stat only for the games Arteta has been in charge. Auba was on the left for all those games without Lacazette, we don’t know how he’d perform down the middle with creative players behind him. I think it’s inevitable he plays down the middle if Laca goes so he’d more likely than not increase his goal output. Also the sample size is tiny. It must only be a handful of games where they haven’t started together under Arteta.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Yeah auba was only scoring one league a season before with the bums at Dortmund...
Laca is some kind of god

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If Auba is played down the middle next year with a proper creative #10 behind him & someone like Zaha or Willian on the left you'd like to imagine he'll score just as many if not more next season wouldn't you? Willian is coming to play centrally perhaps as the key playmaker I have heard though.

DennisTheLegend

What’s the rush to start selling - For once we are building a decent squad which is stacked in the forward positions, the depth is required especially with Europa. I’d still like to see what Auba, Laca and Pepe could do in a 4-2-3-1 with a top quality playmaker

GDeep™

League is very weak
Talksport saying Juventus willing to offer Higuain or Costa. Obviously all gossip.

But Higuain is 33 soon, and Douglas Costa has 12 goals in 5 years, and is 30 soon.

Top Bottom