• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Özil was WC but not anymore.

KDB is the perfect blend of technique, smarts and athleticism, much like AC Milan Kaka.
Assists and a reasonable goal threat - why anyone wouldn't like/rate him is beyond me. He's even added defense to his game as well in recent seasons. Absolute galaxies away from anything Özil can produce today.

moloso

I can't resist this. Can you post a KdB video of him regularly beating defenders, and I'll post one with the other players I mentioned.

If he is such a brilliant dribbler, I am sure you can find one...

Not sure why you couldn't resist arguing a point I'm not arguing - where did I say he was a brilliant dribbler? I took issue with you saying he was all muscle and running and had no "nuance" in his game. The quote you selected is quite clearly not meant to be interpreted as a criticism and I pointed out that it is literally describing nuance in his game - his style of dribbling which uses the position of the defender to his advantage. You might have had a point on the quote if it literally said he bundles past people.

You think he doesn't have vision? A ridiculous first touch? Two footed? Can't go past people? What are you arguing mate?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

These passes are just mind blowing:

vs this...

Let’s be honest. Özil is not even close. You can clearly see he is a lot worse than kdb and iniesta.
How can you call Özil world class, when in fact he is levels below?

Got to tell you man, they’re all pretty similar, except maybe Özil hits ball a little sweeter, but they’re all elite class.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Got to tell you man, they’re all pretty similar, except maybe Özil hits ball a little sweeter, but they’re all elite class.
No chance.

KDB is a superior goal threat and athlete for one.
Iniesta's dribbling is something else, Özil could never.
Both are two footed and etc etc there's just too much going on between those two.

The only thing that gets Özil into this category is his short passing capabilities which is the only thing Özil can do.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
No chance.

Both are two footed and etc etc there's just too much going on between those two.

The only thing that gets Özil into this category is his short passing capabilities which is the only thing Özil can do.

Isn't the argument about Özil not being as good a passer as Iniesta and De Bruyne, even though Mes clearly is.

What you said is true, but isn't what's being debated I think.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Isn't the argument about Özil not being as good a passer as Iniesta and De Bruyne, even though Mes clearly is.

What you said is true, but isn't what's being debated I think.
If we are talking about short passes within the final third then yeah Özil is probably the best.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

No chance.

I disagree peak Özil was a better athlete than KDB , if you watch him in the German league you’d know he was a sensational dribbler. However he honed his game less touches in an effort to be more efficient in the final third and his record speaks for itself. The greatest play maker ever was one footed and so is Messi to a great degree has no bearing on their greatness

Sydney-Gooner

Özil was WC but not anymore.

KDB is the perfect blend of technique, smarts and athleticism, much like AC Milan Kaka.
Assists and a reasonable goal threat - why anyone wouldn't like/rate him is beyond me. He's even added defense to his game as well in recent seasons. Absolute galaxies away from anything Özil can produce today.

Kaka at his prime was still a good level or two better than KDB.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
How? Özil passes was mostly simple pass.
Kdb and iniesta are clearly levels above.
Compare again:
These passes are just mind blowing:

vs this...

Let’s be honest. Özil is not even close. You can clearly see he is a lot worse than kdb and iniesta.
How can you call Özil world class, when in fact he is levels below?
And other than passing, did Özil ever make anything happen on the ball? It’s almost that he is scared of the ball and have to pass it away once he received a pass.

Manberg

Predator
We are talking about Peak Mes here.

He was decent in 2010. A shadow of himself since then. Always felt he was a luxury player for us even from 2013 to 2018. Often did well against the weaker sides but went missing in big games. Ramsey and Cazorla were better midfielders throughout Özil's time at the club.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The only version of Özil probably Superior to KDB is the Bremen version. Bremen Özil is best U-20 midfielder I've seen along with Cesc.

He became one dimensional and predictable after moving to Madrid

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
The only version of Özil probably Superior to KDB is the Bremen version. Bremen Özil is best U-20 midfielder I've seen along with Cesc.

He became one dimensional and predictable after moving to Madrid
You watch a lot of Bundesliga?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's hard for me to take Man City seriously as a team if i'm honest...at least Chelsea were somewhat good pre Roman, City were pretty much fighting relegation every year.

I won't remember anything City do and I am sure I am not alone on this, it's like they just cheated...I don't care how many trophies they win, everything about them just feels fake to me...them and PSG are everything wrong with football to me.

Özil winning the league with Real Madrid, a proper player at a proper club (albeit a ****y one) is better than anything mini ginger Brock Lesnar does with Football Manager FC imo.

The only thing worth remembering about Man City is that film "There's Only One Jimmy Grimble" ...everything else about the club is just pure bollocks.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

How? Özil passes was mostly simple pass.
Kdb and iniesta are clearly levels above.
Compare again:

And other than passing, did Özil ever make anything happen on the ball? It’s almost that he is scared of the ball and have to pass it away once he received a pass.

I don’t see this, they’re all great passers of the ball.
He must have made something happen on ball because his change creation stats are rather high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom